• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackwater training Virginian, and other, police departments?

TrueBrit

imported post

Check out http://www.rense.com.

I usually take these kinds of sites with a grain of salt, but this yarn is definitely worth a look, IMHO.

Scroll down to story number 27, I think, but more stories are added daily.

If true, this story MAY shed some light upon why some of our comrades, Chet and Dan in particular, have been treated abominably during their interactions with the relevant PDs.

What say you all?

TrueBrit.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just because Norfolk police have trained at Blackwater doesn't mean anything. I'm not defending BW just saying the article presents no evidence of a causal relationship.

Thundar

imported post

This is a very interesting topic and goes to the core of why we have a Second Amendment. It is not for hunting or target shooting. It is for personal and collective self defense.

A very interesting book: Blackwater The Rise of the World's most Powerful Mercenary Army by Jeremy Scahill is an interesting read, though written with a slight left wing and conspiracy point of view.

I do not have any problem with a police force using a contractor to conduct police training. I do have concerns that the training received at Blackwater is more paramilitary than police oriented. I want peace officers, not a parmilitary force in my city.

I am also very concerned with the use of Blackwater for contingency/disaster operations within the borders of our nation. We have auxiliary police and national Guard for that. We should not want a mercenary police force, that is not familiar with a locality and is not answerable to the state or local political process, to enforce stability within our communities. Blackwater deployed to New Orleans, and did not help the situation with local gun owners one bit. If local police forces "network" with Blackwater while training, then it is safe to assume that when $#it hits the fan the local police will recommend that wepush the Blackwater easy button.

So if we can hire a private corporation to provide collective self defense, then we can disarm the citizens, a la New Orleans, right?

As for me: No thanks, I'll look after my family's self defense needs myself, and will when necessary contribute to localcollective defense.

imperialism2024

imported post

Thundar wrote:
I do not have any problem with a police force using a contractor to conduct police training. I do have concerns that the training received at Blackwater is more paramilitary than police oriented. I want peace officers, not a parmilitary force in my city.
But... but... we need soldier police to fight the War on Drugs! Or, at least I'm sure that's the jusification they'd use. That or something like that it helps them to better abuse Arab-looking people, er... Maybe something to do with better being able to execute, er, serve no-knock search warrants? Really, though, it is disturbing.