• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg Coming to OHIO!! Call to Action!

mcflyj

I plan on attending the Columbus stop. Could someone with some knowledge of the surrounding point out any trouble spots for open carry with or without a CHL?

Any tips on where to park?

Do you think there should be a meet up spot and time for everyone to gather before hand?

Looking on Google maps, tracing back twards Central Ave. or 62-3, looks to be places to park nearby, but I don't know how good they are, old abandoned bussiness, small scattered out parking lots, and side streets. Theres Central point shopping center at Central and Mound St. then theres another shopping center at Central and W Broad. However thats not very close and a bit of a walk east on Sullivant. I never looked off to the north or east, so there might be something better that way. The park looks to be just west of the river and Sullivant kinda dead ends into it. Update- Salley's Market is very close, but a small parking lot and I don't know how full it will be.

Just a suggestion, keep the signs modest and polite, try not to give OCers a bad rep.

Last edited:

NEOOpenCarry

Definitely polite signs. Agreed. Polite yet forceful.

Who is handling any permits we need for the protest? I have never had to obtain one since are walks are always moving. Does someone have experience with this?

NEOOpenCarry

**our** not are lol. My bad, typed very fast while seeing the Lion King with the wife at Playhouse Square in Cleveland. She was giving me the look...

NEOOpenCarry

I just received this response from the guy planning the event:

"Hi Brett-

Mayor Bloomberg will not be in Columbus, unfortunately. I can let you know if we have an event with him in the future, though, if you would like.

Thanks for your interest.

Jay Plant
Ohio Organizing Director, MAIG
jplant@maig.org
330.749.6487"

What is this about? I responded to see if his organization would be there or anywhere else in Ohio and I have not got a response back yet.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I just received this response from the guy planning the event:...

Mayor Bloomberg will not be in Columbus, unfortunately. I can let you know if we have an event with him in the future, though, if you would like...
Yeah, I have to wonder if he's not going to be in Columbus, is he going to be in Cincinnati then...??

Or, maybe you've been identified as a pro-gun guy and the reply was scripted to deceive...?

Troy bilt

The Big **** has not been on this bus tour. He is using the poor victims who have loosed loved ones as bait to remove are right.

What you can't say T U R D?:banana:

Last edited:

JmE

There's a gathering of friends OC starting up in Cincinnati on the 10th. The facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/events/1404738656412330/. This is not to detract from the Columbus gathering on the 13th (I'm trying to attend both). Some of us also wanted to hang out in Cincinnati on the day they are supposed to be coming through.

MyWifeSaidYes

CoL-

They are not advertising ANY of the stop locations or dates. You have to sign up for their email list to be notified of stops in your state. I may have entered an address or twelve, just in case they filtered the list. The address that started 'Bloombergisatool@' did not receive a response.

:rolleyes:

I have an email from them as well as an invite from Toby Hoover's OCAGV group confirming the stop, BUT I also got an email suggesting the location and time are subject to change.

I can be there for the announced time and I'll update on here, OFCC and BFA if I hear of any changes.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
CoL-

They are not advertising ANY of the stop locations or dates. You have to sign up for their email list to be notified of stops in your state. I may have entered an address or twelve, just in case they filtered the list. The address that started 'Bloombergisatool@' did not receive a response.

:rolleyes:

I have an email from them as well as an invite from Toby Hoover's OCAGV group confirming the stop, BUT I also got an email suggesting the location and time are subject to change.

I can be there for the announced time and I'll update on here, OFCC and BFA if I hear of any changes.
Duly noted...

Midwest

Thanks for Posting this, I saw it over in the Kentucky Forum. I also re-posted it on THR. There should be a new thread on this so that people browsing the forum know that this is a new tour by Bloomberg and not the other one back in June.

Have the other Ohio area Pro-gun groups and organizations been notified? Gun Stores, Bass Pro, Dicks, Wallyworld ..etc ? Again thanks for posting this and thanks for the effort in putting this event together.

Troy bilt

Thanks for Posting this, I saw it over in the Kentucky Forum. I also re-posted it on THR. There should be a new thread on this so that people browsing the forum know that this is a new tour by Bloomberg and not the other one back in June.

Have the other Ohio area Pro-gun groups and organizations been notified? Gun Stores, Bass Pro, Dicks, Wallyworld ..etc ? Again thanks for posting this and thanks for the effort in putting this event together.

I don't think I would put Dicks Sporting Gooods in the good guy column. Just ask Troy Industries about Dicks. I shredded my dicks cars back when they pulled all there AR style guns and mags that hold more than 10rd.

Breaking – Troy Industries is NOT back in business with Dick’s Sporting Goods

http://gunmartblog.com/2013/08/07/b...t-back-in-business-with-dicks-sporting-goods/

Last edited:

eye95

Being a "Blue" company, Dick's has supported anti-gun politicians for years. I've never spent a dime in Dick's--and never will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

NEOOpenCarry

No matter if he shows up Tuesday or not, we will be there OCing. If he is a no show, we are going to go to downtown and just have an OC walk and spread some education.