• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg Coming to OHIO!! Call to Action!

Troy bilt

My family and I will be in attendance. My son is 10 and will be Open Carrying his toy pistol on his hip. He is also existed to hold the flag we bought that he has hung up in his bedroom. I am trying to talk the lady of the house into carrying but I don't think i'm getting to far:lol:

I tried to rig up the flags to the jeep for the ride down but the flag is so thin it would be torn to shreds by time we got there:cry:

photo.jpg

Thank you for your time

JmE

Sorry to read that, MWSY. But, one has to do what one has to do. Hopefully we'll see you at another one soon. Some of my children are planning to attend this one and hopefully more in the future.

MyWifeSaidYes

I'll see if my son wants to drive down. If not, I'll commandeer his car.

See you guys and gals later this morning !!

:banana:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Are the Columbus RKBA'ers going to exceed the Cincinnati turnout?

I hope they do! Be prepared for police interaction, and make sure you know the law.

Brian D.

Just fyi for the future: Cincinnati does have some sort of enforcebale(?) statute on the books regarding the carry of signs on Fountain Square. You aren't supposed to have them attached to sticks, poles, etc. the idea being they could be used as a weapon. Yes, I know how silly this is, but it is spelled out to any groups large enough in size that they need to get a permit to use the Square.

Of course in looking through some video and pictures, it appears that Bloomberg's Loons were in violation of that rule/law/whatever on Saturday. Some folks are more equal than other folks, it would seem.

MyWifeSaidYes

There are a couple flag poles in front of the rec center at Dodge Park. We'll be meeting up there as early as 9am.

If they don't let us go there, meet up at the sign at the entrance to the park.

The event is at 10:45am.

JmE

I don't have time to draft it right now, otherwise I'd give you a teaser. MWSY is better at it than me anyway. :)

One hint, BB62... if MWSY says, "Trust me, stand here and wave"; find out WHY first! :p ;)

Last edited:

JmE

So, are you saying that no one needs bail money??????
Unfortunately, no... not even the crazy liberal who threatened to mow us all down with his car! That guy needs some professional intervention, methinks.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Unfortunately, no... not even the crazy liberal who threatened to mow us all down with his car! That guy needs some professional intervention, methinks.
IMHO what he needs is to be charged, but from what I read elsewhere there is not a desire to do so.

:banghead: :banghead:

MyWifeSaidYes

Yeah, other than the death threat of vehicular homicide for the entire group, the event was...
un-event-ful. :banghead:

I want to write an after action report, but there was no action. The speeches and talking points were the same as the event in Cincy.

The 1 spectator they had was the death threat guy and he got removed from the park by the police.

I am QUITE SERIOUS. One spectator. Everyone their side had in attendance was there to take part in the reading of the names, other than that one guy.

When there were only about 8 people remaining to read names (about 1.5 hours left) even the reporters and photographers had left. Our remaining pro-gun folks took pity on these anti's and went and sat down at their event, just so they would have SOMEONE to talk to.

JmE brought a case of bottled water. One of our members grabbed it and passed it out to the readers. Since he came up from behind them, I doubt they realized he wasn't with the MAIG group. I don't know what they thought when he brought the rest of the water over to us and sat back down. Building bridges, right?

That got old for me REAL quick :)p), so my son and I left and went to lunch at the Ohio Deli on South High Street. I had a Dagwood. Is that a big sandwich? The sandwich toothpick used to hold it together was actually a 10" kabob skewer! Love that place.

JmE

I was running late but when I got there the group informed me that the police were not allowing our group up where the actual (permitted) event was happening. We were all assembled by the road, on the corner at the entrance. They WERE, however, allowing no more than ten to visit the event armed without signs. The difference between Cincinnati and this event, of course, was that Cincinnati wasn't an actual, organized protest and nobody had signs. I think it worked out very well for both occasions... just right, IMHO.

Thanks to all who were able to attend and those that supported us. Except for violating our rights (IMHO), the peace officers were very gracious and easy to get along with. At the end of the NoMoreNames event, two of the older people from the 'stage' area came up and thanked us four because we stayed and basically expressed no ill will (apart from wanting to strip us of our unalienable rights, of course). I believe that the difference in their attitude might have been in part because they were able to clear us from their area somewhat in Columbus whereas they were told "no" in Cincinnati. Anti-liberty liberals tend to be like that in my experience. ;)

Troy bilt

The family and I had a good time at the Columbus event. It was nice to meet a few of you out there.

I hear there was a bit of trouble with a few of the guys in Akron today where a few protesters showed a officer there ID's and there CHL even thought they where open carrying. I was proud to see at least one person stood up for there rights and refused to ID.

NEOOpenCarry

Here is the link for the video of the Columbus event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDsWyBaeSl4

Here is the link for the video of the Akron event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-8LvJD-q4

And here is the video of the police encounter in Akron. I was the one who refused to ID. I would have been filming from the start, but I had called ahead an hour earlier, and talked to a patrol division supervisor who assured me this would be no problem. I went above and beyond and was not expecting the police to interfere like this as they never ever have in Akron. TRUST ME I learned my lesson and will have an audio recorder rolling at all times when around officers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GMrweEmc8

MyWifeSaidYes

Finally had a chance to listen to the police encounter with audio.

WTF, guys?!

For the NEXT time, make sure nobody has a concealed handgun on them, then leave ALL YOUR ID IN THE CAR!

I'm sure you have watched videos of interactions like you experienced. You should watch those (and yours) and PRACTICE saying a response to the silly questions and scenarios the police pose.

"I don't know who you are!" That's right, officer. You don't need to know who I am if I've done nothing wrong.

"If some s#!^ jumps off, downtown will want to know why I didn't find out who you were." Officer, just tell them you asked and we refused.

And so on...

I almost always give my first name, just so they can address me. They could always choose to call me 'sir', but like the old saying goes: "Say my name, bitc#!"

You saw that the cop eventually left, saying that he wasn't going to get dragged into a fight with you.

THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED SOONER IF NOBODY HAD SHARED THEIR ID WITH HIM !!

Otherwise, great job! Keep up the good work and I'm sad that I couldn't make it. I was having my own police interaction in Morrow county. Saturday I've got family obligations or I would come to Canton.