• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Break the law = no penalty if you are an anti

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"A pastor from suburban Portland hates guns so much he took $3000 out of the churches funds to buy lottery tickets for an AR-15, with the hopes of keeping it off the streets.”

"Not for not but if I was a member of Rev. Jerry Lucas’s church I’d be mad as hell if he was going to abscond with $3K of church funds to gamble on the hopes of winning the raffle."

"We haven’t even gotten to the actual illegal stuff yet. That happens when Lucas actually wins the rifle. Upon winning the rifle Rev. Lucas then GIVES it to a gun owning friend for safekeeping."

"Since Senate Bill 941 passed last year it is illegal for gun owners to lend, swap, buy and sell their firearms without the involvement of the government."

Read more at http://bulletsfirst.net/2016/09/23/seems-gun-laws-dont-apply-if-you-advocate-for-gun-control/

Senate Bill 941: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/docs/SB941_Information_Sheet.pdf

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
"A pastor from suburban Portland hates guns so much he took $3000 out of the churches funds to buy lottery tickets for an AR-15, with the hopes of keeping it off the streets.”

"Not for not but if I was a member of Rev. Jerry Lucas’s church I’d be mad as hell if he was going to abscond with $3K of church funds to gamble on the hopes of winning the raffle."

"We haven’t even gotten to the actual illegal stuff yet. That happens when Lucas actually wins the rifle. Upon winning the rifle Rev. Lucas then GIVES it to a gun owning friend for safekeeping."

"Since Senate Bill 941 passed last year it is illegal for gun owners to lend, swap, buy and sell their firearms without the involvement of the government."

Read more at http://bulletsfirst.net/2016/09/23/seems-gun-laws-dont-apply-if-you-advocate-for-gun-control/

Senate Bill 941: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/docs/SB941_Information_Sheet.pdf

The last thing we want is to demand punishment for bad laws. We should be demanding nullification of bad laws for everybody, rather than demanding that everybody receive the same punishment for breaking a bad law.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The last thing we want is to demand punishment for bad laws. We should be demanding nullification of bad laws for everybody, rather than demanding that everybody receive the same punishment for breaking a bad law.
Not advocating punishment for all transgressors, but punishment for only those on one side of the divide is a greater evil.

utbagpiper

Banned
I think that the question being put to you was: would you find anyone guilty of violating that law regardless of circumstances

I think the real question is, what does justice?

Bad laws can stay on the books forever if they only ever get enforced against others, the unpopular, the despised.

Jim Crow era gun laws stayed on the books a long time because only blacks, mexicans, and poor white trash were ever subjected to them. How long would no knock warrants and excessive penalties for low level, non violent drug use stay in use if they were used against the teenage kids of well to do white politicians or businessmen?

Poor black kids go to juvi or worse and have a record. Rich white kids get a plea in abeyance and a clean record after spending a few weeks at a high end rehab center and not getting caught with drugs for the next couple of years.

I will vote to nullify for a real gun owner making a minor technical mistake by letting a family member or friend borrow a gun.

Nobody will ever get the chance to vote as a juror on the gun grabber who violates gun laws as part of an anti RKBA crusade because no prosecutor is going to bring charges. But if somehow I could bring charges or vote to convict this guy I would just like I'd vote to convict Shumer for violating DC or NYC gun laws everytime he shows up at a press conference with a prop. I would vote to nullify for a real gun owner. But for the elite who are not subject to the laws they impose on us I would convict if I could.

Ditto if there were real crimes like assault in addition to the gun charge. Generally speaking, real criminals need harsher penalties. Victimless technical violations need to not be used to destroy decent people or enrich government.

Convict a few of the elite and see how long bad laws stay on the books.

Charles

Last edited: