• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying concealed unloaded with no permit, but a full magazine?

Locklear

Hey guys, this will be my first post :)

Just wondering if in NH, a firearm is considered loaded if you have a full magazine on you. For example, can I carry a concealed, unloaded weapon, with a full magazine in my pocket, or is that considered a loaded weapon?

I just put in my application for a CCW license yesterday. Started carrying concealed and unloaded (with no ammo on me) to start getting used to having it sit in my waistband.

ldsgeek

Until you get the permit, about 2 weeks, DO NOT CONCEAL the firearm. If you get caught doing that you can kiss the permit goodbye. You can, however, carry openly anywhere allowed, except in your car. In the car it must be unloaded and you can't have immediate access to it, put it in the trunk and reholster when you arrive at your destination.

doobie

The problem is the RSA defines it being unlawful to carry a concealed "pistol...with...a magazine....loaded". What does "a pistol with a magazine" mean? A police officer will say if you have a loaded magazine anywhere you can easily load it into a pistol..... People have been arrested in New Hampshire (past 2-3 years) for having a pistol on them (no magazine in them) and the magazine on their passenger seat.

ldsgeek

HB 0330 Passed the House and went to the Senate for review. I sent a letter to my senator, Sanborn, to try to have the incorporation of USC Title 18, Section 922 remove. Let's hope.

ldsgeek

I really wish they would update the text on the website more often, like daily:mad:. it is impossible to keep up with the changes if they take several days to post them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Think that you need to update your setting to instance email notification - any delay is NOT the site's problem.