• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Consitutional Weed.

Jordan6679

I support both sides. I'm so tired of the government restricting the few things that are harmless and enjoyable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JustaShooter

OK, I'll bite:

I choose to follow State and Federal Law. Weed smokers do not.
I choose not to pollute my body and damage my lungs by inhaling burning dried weeds. Weed smokers do.
I choose not to alter my perception of reality by ingesting mind- or mood-altering substances. Weed smokers do.

And that last one, to me, is especially important as a firearm owner and someone who believes in being armed wherever legally allowed.

So, please tell me how I have much in common with weed smokers?

OC for ME

Folks who smoke weed have nothing in common with me. Anyone saying so does not make it so. In most jurisdictions pot heads are law breakers, users and distributors of illegal drugs.

"Dude, ya wanna hit?" = distributing drugs.

Any commonality we may have had is mitigated as soon as they voice their use of weed. I don't associate with folks who use weed. If they were friends, I tell them that their drug use has negatively affected our friendship. I have turned my back on who I considered good friends in the past and I will do so in the future if I must. No hard feelings, I don't hang with pot heads. If you do, good for you.

sudden valley gunner

OK, I'll bite:

I choose to follow State and Federal Law. Weed smokers do not.
I choose not to pollute my body and damage my lungs by inhaling burning dried weeds. Weed smokers do.
I choose not to alter my perception of reality by ingesting mind- or mood-altering substances. Weed smokers do.

And that last one, to me, is especially important as a firearm owner and someone who believes in being armed wherever legally allowed.

So, please tell me how I have much in common with weed smokers?

So if they outlaw guns tomorrow you'll dutifully turn all yours in?

I am not a partaker of weed or other recreational drugs except the occasional alcoholic beverage, ( lately been Ginger beer...yum!)

Being a fighter for liberty means all liberties even those we disagree with.

OC for ME

So if they outlaw guns tomorrow you'll dutifully turn all yours in?

I am not a partaker of weed or other recreational drugs except the occasional alcoholic beverage, ( lately been Ginger beer...yum!)

Being a fighter for liberty means all liberties even those we disagree with.
I will not fight for legal drugs. I will not fight for keeping drugs illegal. If I find out you smoke weed you are no friend of mine. Just one stub of a joint left in my vehicle, my wife's vehicle, my kid's vehicle, my home, can result in unacceptable consequences. Smoke weed and you are no friend of mine.

22Luke36

I will not fight for legal drugs. I will not fight for keeping drugs illegal. If I find out you smoke weed you are no friend of mine. Just one stub of a joint left in my vehicle, my wife's vehicle, my kid's vehicle, my home, can result in unacceptable consequences. Smoke weed and you are no friend of mine.

Stupid kid killing NRA members....

Oh wait,

sudden valley gunner

Understandable, some people feel the same way about alcohol, ciggerrettes etc. To each their own.

I strongly dislike pot and the smoking of it. My personal belief in liberty dictates that I fight for all liberties even the ones I detest.

WalkingWolf

IMO we advocate RESPONSIBLE open carry of holstered handguns. While I believe the drug wars are a waste of money, associating with drug users would be counter to our objective.

SD40VE

It's time to grow up. We as gun owners have so very much in common with marijuana smokers we should be working together to help each other achieve our goals.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/how-marijuana-prohibition-wrecks-your-bill-rights

in michigan, you can choose one, weed or guns. if you are a medical card holder and get pulled over they wont be very friendly to you for having pot and a gun with you. on a federal level its illegal even though on a state level it is legal. my friend who is a legitamite med card holder was pulled over, he had a 1/2 ounce of some medical pot. he also had his XD 40. he is now facing a felony firearms charge and may lose his gun rights. gotta love the laws

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
IMO, mind/perception alteration and firearms carry do not, must not be mixed. I do not use any illegal drugs of any kind, never have, never will. I do enjoy a glass or two of wine from time to time, but when I know that I will be imbibing, I do not carry ... which means that I'm usually enjoying my wine at home or at a restaurant. When I know that I will be drinking socially, I do not carry.

For me it's very simple -- when I'm carrying, I do not want my perceptions or reactions to be altered. In addition, were I to carry and have the need to defend myself, I do not want some attorney or prosecutor to be able to point to the fact that I was "under the influence."

Lastly, one should not conflate the illegal use of drugs with the Constitutionally guaranteed legal right to keep and bear arms. That is an apples and oranges argument that comes from the opposite ends of the legal spectrum.

22Luke36

IMO we advocate RESPONSIBLE open carry of holstered handguns. While I believe the drug wars are a waste of money, associating with drug users would be counter to our objective.

I'm waiting to comment, but I have to stop you right there. There is NOTHING irresponsible about a regular user in owning using or carrying a firearm. A person who begins using pot should put the guns away for a while, until they develop a tolerance for it. Once that happens, the person may, like often happens with driving, notice an INCREASE in proficiency overall, but will likely see a decrease within a half hour or so immediately following its use.

22Luke36

in michigan, you can choose one, weed or guns. if you are a medical card holder and get pulled over they wont be very friendly to you for having pot and a gun with you. on a federal level its illegal even though on a state level it is legal. my friend who is a legitamite med card holder was pulled over, he had a 1/2 ounce of some medical pot. he also had his XD 40. he is now facing a felony firearms charge and may lose his gun rights. gotta love the laws

Cite Please. MCL 333.26424 explicitly disagrees with that claim. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(gf...me=mcl-333-26424&query=on&highlight=marihuana

Says that your rights are protected right there in Section 4a.

22Luke36

IMO, mind/perception alteration and firearms carry do not, must not be mixed. I do not use any illegal drugs of any kind, never have, never will. I do enjoy a glass or two of wine from time to time, but when I know that I will be imbibing, I do not carry ... which means that I'm usually enjoying my wine at home or at a restaurant. When I know that I will be drinking socially, I do not carry.

For me it's very simple -- when I'm carrying, I do not want my perceptions or reactions to be altered. In addition, were I to carry and have the need to defend myself, I do not want some attorney or prosecutor to be able to point to the fact that I was "under the influence."

Lastly, one should not conflate the illegal use of drugs with the Constitutionally guaranteed legal right to keep and bear arms. That is an apples and oranges argument that comes from the opposite ends of the legal spectrum.

Coffee is more likely to influence you into making an irresponsible decision then action, than cannibus will.

As far as the constitution goes, didn't you read the OP?

22Luke36

He was making drugs out of those Skittles and Iced Tea. A stimulant with a hallucinogenic effect. Get your facts straight. Weed by itself...don't make yourself up some reefer madness argument, you'll just look silly.