• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't OC so that you may continue to OC!

sudden valley gunner

Wow.

Choice of carry method is irrelevant, OC or CC.

Child is attacked and Primus doesn't want the bad guy to be shot?

Just...wow.

Primus, you say you carry a firearm. When, and on what, do you intend to use it? Paper targets at the range?

I honestly want to know.

Only when disagreements escalate in a bank. :p

MamaLiberty

California.......

Not really. Open carry was "legal" only if the gun was unloaded. Police could stop you at any time to "make sure" it was unloaded. That's just pretty pretend. Has nothing at all to do with self defense because EVERYONE knew the gun was unloaded. An unloaded gun is about as effective as a fly swatter. I spent 58 years in California... not going back. In Wyoming I can carry any way I please and nobody's going to stop and frisk me. Now we just need to get Texas and Florida on board.

WalkingWolf

Not really. Open carry was "legal" only if the gun was unloaded. Police could stop you at any time to "make sure" it was unloaded. That's just pretty pretend. Has nothing at all to do with self defense because EVERYONE knew the gun was unloaded. An unloaded gun is about as effective as a fly swatter. I spent 58 years in California... not going back. In Wyoming I can carry any way I please and nobody's going to stop and frisk me. Now we just need to get Texas and Florida on board.
From what I saw on videos that many in CA who OC'd did so in a group. When in a group, unless attacked by another group, guns could be loaded during a event. The bad guy would eventually lose. Besides one never knew for sure who was carrying a loaded gun, or the police would not bother to check.

The first rule of a event is to not get in a event. Second rule is survive any way possible, sometimes that means running in the other direction. For those who carry unloaded, buy time anyway possible and LOAD.

eye95

Despite the claim that stopping OCer's was to determine whether the gun was loaded (which the police were likely near certain they weren't), I suspect that many of the stops were because the cop simply did not like OC and wanted to "punish" the carrier in the only lawful way he could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

Despite the claim that stopping OCer's was to determine whether the gun was loaded (which the police were likely near certain they weren't), I suspect that many of the stops were because the cop simply did not like OC and wanted to "punish" the carrier in the only lawful way he could.

<o>

IMO even that is unconstitutional, just because one is carrying a firearm it does not mean they are breaking the law. There needs to be RAS that the guns are loaded. And if someone was to violate the law with a loaded handgun, they are going to be smart enough to conceal it.

But I agree with you the stops were nothing but harassment.

sudden valley gunner

<o>

IMO even that is unconstitutional, just because one is carrying a firearm it does not mean they are breaking the law. There needs to be RAS that the guns are loaded. And if someone was to violate the law with a loaded handgun, they are going to be smart enough to conceal it.

But I agree with you the stops were nothing but harassment.

Agree with both posts. +1

JoeSparky

Centurion

<o>

I would suggest this was done with both the blessing and encouragement of the employing agencies as well!

self preservation

Wow.

Choice of carry method is irrelevant, OC or CC.

Child is attacked and Primus doesn't want the bad guy to be shot?

Just...wow.

Primus, you say you carry a firearm. When, and on what, do you intend to use it? Paper targets at the range?

I honestly want to know.

It appears that he doesn't wish to answer this question.

g21sfpistol

Banned
PLEASE do not derail this thread, and go off tangent with this response. It is just to make a point, not to start thread about drugs and sexuality.

Gay rights would not be advancing if they stayed in the "closet", our guns need to come out too.
CO, and WA would not have legal marijuana if the partakers stayed in the closet.
Again, I'm just using these examples to make a point. If you don't approve of these lifestyles fine, just leave those thoughts in you head. Again, we can't educate the public if they think guns don't exist anymore. They need to see that someone can go about their daily life while being armed. I carry a gun for the same reason I wear a seat-belt, my safety when an event takes place beyond my control.

yes the gay right people didnt "stay in the closet" they came out and had an adult protest about it. they didnt do it by fornicating in public. same with getting weed leaglized. i dont recall a buch of people smoking dope out in public to protest a point. the fact is people are afraid of guns. is that our problem? no. but if we want to get through to these same people we have to do it on their terms. we have to cure them of that fear of normal people with guns. if someone had a fear of heights would you take them on top of the heighest building and force them to the edge to look over? no. baby steps. start off by taking them to the top first.

papa bear

California.......
they never really had OC in the first place

but back to the OP. personally i think the whole premise is HORSE HOKEY

the only way for something to be normalized is for people to do it and let others see them. i know some of you who live in other states outside NC or VA, don't realize how good it can be. for the most part, if you OC no one even pays attention to it. it is so common, that it is normal

the reason is people do OC here. if sheeple don't see it they won't get used to it.

the thing your friend said , is like saying you need to not vote, so you can keep the right to vote

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

yes the gay right people didnt "stay in the closet" they came out and had an adult protest about it. they didnt do it by fornicating in public. same with getting weed leaglized. i dont recall a buch of people smoking dope out in public to protest a point. the fact is people are afraid of guns. is that our problem? no. but if we want to get through to these same people we have to do it on their terms. we have to cure them of that fear of normal people with guns. if someone had a fear of heights would you take them on top of the heighest building and force them to the edge to look over? no. baby steps. start off by taking them to the top first.

Yes people did publicly smoke pot. Hempfest would be a great example of that.

Straight people don't "fornicate" in public either. Public displays of affection were definitely done.

I have no obligation to cater to the "fears" of others. Keeping your gun hidden so as not to offend someone who doesn't like it will never get someone to like it or get them used to it.

WalkingWolf

The government has been taking "baby steps" for decades to strip the people of their liberty. The road to tyranny is paved with compromise.

g21sfpistol

Banned
Yes people did publicly smoke pot. Hempfest would be a great example of that.

Straight people don't "fornicate" in public either. Public displays of affection were definitely done.

I have no obligation to cater to the "fears" of others. Keeping your gun hidden so as not to offend someone who doesn't like it will never get someone to like it or get them used to it.

isnt it just called hempfest? i wouldnt know iv never done the stuff. either way im pretty sure if you publicly smoked pot you would prolly be arrested. i dont get where straight people fall into this either because its not illegal to be straight. im sure there were public displays of affection cause some think they are proving a point. my point is that most of the time that didnt happen. i dont want to cater the the fears of others either but im not talking about how things should be im talking about how things are and thats how they are. im starting to think we are going about educating the public about OC the wrong way. look at kaliforna and starbucks. call it what you want but those were losses for the OC community. and if you dont believe that then your living in denial. dont be surprised other businesses or states to follow suit because they fear the gun and they dont know much about them. people fear what they dont know.

sudden valley gunner

isnt it just called hempfest? i wouldnt know iv never done the stuff. either way im pretty sure if you publicly smoked pot you would prolly be arrested. i dont get where straight people fall into this either because its not illegal to be straight. im sure there were public displays of affection cause some think they are proving a point. my point is that most of the time that didnt happen. i dont want to cater the the fears of others either but im not talking about how things should be im talking about how things are and thats how they are. im starting to think we are going about educating the public about OC the wrong way. look at kaliforna and starbucks. call it what you want but those were losses for the OC community. and if you dont believe that then your living in denial. dont be surprised other businesses or states to follow suit because they fear the gun and they dont know much about them. people fear what they dont know.

They did indeed publicly smoke pot even when it was illegal. I don't smoke pot myself either. I do believe that even though it was legalized this last Hempfest there is no way cops would pass a UA.

When you hold your other's hands or give her a kiss are you doing so to make a point or doing so because that's what people who have strong affection for each other do? What is normal....

I know what your point is I am strongly disagreeing with you.

I have OC'd for several years now, I have seen the cultural change because Washington OC'ers have actually OC'd and we do it everywhere legally allowed. In my own area it has gone from police harassment and lots of conversations daily to being normalized in the eyes of many.

Your examples are not examples of losses, and they were not because people OC'd no matter how much the "fight for the right to conceal" supporters want you to believe so. Those places had their mind already made up and catered to anti gun lobbyist. You are not stating how things are you are stating a perception of how they are based on fear.

Last edited:

OC for ME

The only segment of the population that needs to see OCers is the LE segment. Every other member of the population cannot arrest you for engaging in a legal and harmless activity.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Three concepts: 1) proper capitalization, 2) proper punctuation, and 3) paragraphs.

Last edited:

g21sfpistol

Banned
thanks bb62. I mean "Thanks BB62." be it that im from another country living off your tax dollars im trying to self learn myself proper english so excuse me while i try to be properly different.

i used the whole gay rights thing as and example. holding hands in public isnt as scary as some one armed with a gun (in the publics view) now you have the nfl and nascar either not showing adds or not aloowing the nra to sponser them. IM NOT SAYING its because of ocers but it seems like this is starting to become a domino affect. all it takes is some billionaire ceo of a company to see this stuff posted to youtube and believe thats how gun owners are. some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude. wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us? ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers. the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

sudden valley gunner

thanks bb62. I mean "Thanks BB62." be it that im from another country living off your tax dollars im trying to self learn myself proper english so excuse me while i try to be properly different.

i used the whole gay rights thing as and example. holding hands in public isnt as scary as some one armed with a gun (in the publics view) now you have the nfl and nascar either not showing adds or not aloowing the nra to sponser them. IM NOT SAYING its because of ocers but it seems like this is starting to become a domino affect. all it takes is some billionaire ceo of a company to see this stuff posted to youtube and believe thats how gun owners are. some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude. wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us? ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers. the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

How much you wanna bet?

You are coming from a fear based mindset, maybe because it has been ingrained into you culturally. What you are saying has no basis in reality though.

WalkingWolf

Yes I go about my normal business OCing and interacting with total strangers. As a general rule it is almost always positive interactions. I walk anywhere from 3 to 6 miles a day on a public road. Clearly armed with two revolvers, yet people still ask for directions. Deputies and troopers still wave, and I talk to neighbors on the road if I see them. Though I try not to get into conversations because stopping defeats the purpose of a long walk.