• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't OC so that you may continue to OC!

g21sfpistol

Banned
How much you wanna bet?

You are coming from a fear based mindset, maybe because it has been ingrained into you culturally. What you are saying has no basis in reality though.

its not fear. like it said i dont like it anymore than you do but we are not talking about how things should be we are talking about how things really are. im not denying there is places where oc is the norm. but guess what in most of america its not the norm and you have gun owners alike who disagree with you my point is i think we are going about it the wrong way and i think it hurt the gun community as a whole.

ron73440

thanks bb62. I mean "Thanks BB62." be it that im from another country living off your tax dollars im trying to self learn myself proper english so excuse me while i try to be properly different.

i used the whole gay rights thing as and example. holding hands in public isnt as scary as some one armed with a gun (in the publics view) now you have the nfl and nascar either not showing adds or not aloowing the nra to sponser them. IM NOT SAYING its because of ocers but it seems like this is starting to become a domino affect. all it takes is some billionaire ceo of a company to see this stuff posted to youtube and believe thats how gun owners are. some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude. wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us? ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers. the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

If I'm outside of my house, except going to work(base is a giant GFZ), my pistol is on my waist in plain sight.

I'm not the most talkative guy, so I don't approach strangers, but if they talk to me about my gun, I answer any questions and have had many positive reactions.

I don't carry to cause a scene, or piss people off, if any of that happens, I deal with it as it comes.

Even when I have a positive interaction with someone I don't know, that is not why I carry.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

g21sfpistol said:
...some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude.

Yes, but some of them have good reason. The quantity and quality of civil rights violations in some areas are much worse than in others.

g21sfpistol said:
wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us?

We DO hold rallies, picnics, highway clean-ups, and numerous meet & greet type events throughout the year.

As far as approaching someone that has NOT approached us, why would we do that? I might do that if I was handing out brochures on the sidewalk, but not as an everyday event.

g21sfpistol said:
ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers.

I open carry in all but the coldest weather. I'm self-employed and have very few places where I must disarm.

I have never been shy about approaching anyone while going about my daily business IF it's necessary. I approach store clerks, bank tellers, waiters, etc. Again, unless I'm passing out pamphlets, I don't approach people unless I have business with them.

I do not open carry as an act of activism. I open carry because I'm too fat to draw from concealment quickly.

g21sfpistol said:
...the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

Assumptions are not MY problem. How many people that see me open carrying and NOT acting like an a-hole make assumptions otherwise? I do not know and don't really care. They need to judge ME based upon MY actions.

I do NOT think that daily open carry is bad for the gun community.

I DO think that loaded open carry is still legal in most of Kalifornia (rural areas). There are just some metro areas that are too far gone to save.

I DO think that having a battle with Moms Demand Action or any other anti-gun organization on the property of an otherwise neutral private corporation WILL result in that corporation not remaining neutral.

sudden valley gunner

Yes, but some of them have good reason. The quantity and quality of civil rights violations in some areas are much worse than in others.

We DO hold rallies, picnics, highway clean-ups, and numerous meet & greet type events throughout the year.

As far as approaching someone that has NOT approached us, why would we do that? I might do that if I was handing out brochures on the sidewalk, but not as an everyday event.

I open carry in all but the coldest weather. I'm self-employed and have very few places where I must disarm.

I have never been shy about approaching anyone while going about my daily business IF it's necessary. I approach store clerks, bank tellers, waiters, etc. Again, unless I'm passing out pamphlets, I don't approach people unless I have business with them.

I do not open carry as an act of activism. I open carry because I'm too fat to draw from concealment quickly.

Assumptions are not MY problem. How many people that see me open carrying and NOT acting like an a-hole make assumptions otherwise? I do not know and don't really care. They need to judge ME based upon MY actions.

I do NOT think that daily open carry is bad for the gun community.

I DO think that loaded open carry is still legal in most of Kalifornia (rural areas). There are just some metro areas that are too far gone to save.

I DO think that having a battle with Moms Demand Action or any other anti-gun organization on the property of an otherwise neutral private corporation WILL result in that corporation not remaining neutral.

+1

its not fear. like it said i dont like it anymore than you do but we are not talking about how things should be we are talking about how things really are. im not denying there is places where oc is the norm. but guess what in most of america its not the norm and you have gun owners alike who disagree with you my point is i think we are going about it the wrong way and i think it hurt the gun community as a whole.

You didn't take me up on my bet you seemed so sure.
Yes your position is fear based, fear of what others think, fear they will act because they see us carrying a gun, fear of others in the "gun community" who feel they should hide it or who are caving to the same fears you are.
This is how liberties get destroyed, be afraid to act and behave how you want because of fear of others. Don't capitulate to this fear. Go to some OC meet ups, you will see your illusions are silly.

Last edited:

OC for ME

+1

Yes your position is fear based, fear of what others think, fear they will act because they see us carrying a gun, fear of others in the "gun community" who feel they should hide it or who are caving to the same fears you are.
This is how liberties get destroyed, be afraid to act and behave how you want because of fear of others. Don't capitulate to this fear. Go to some OC meet ups, you will see your illusions are silly.
Gotta disagree on this minor point. Those who CC only are exercising their liberty, promote liberty, and if CC were threatened they would be steaming mad. So, CCers are not "destroying" liberty.

The greatest threat to OC is the LE community. It is a political thing. Most beat cops don't care, it is a "you don't pull yours and I won't pull mine" kind of thing. But cops do like having a paycheck and compromise their principles to some extent to keep their pay check. If top cops would pressure politicians, one good thing cop unions could do, and encourage politicians to restore liberty this website would have little value other than as a place to carp about God, weed, and how Glocks suck.

Primus

Gotta disagree on this minor point. Those who CC only are exercising their liberty, promote liberty, and if CC were threatened they would be steaming mad. So, CCers are not "destroying" liberty.

The greatest threat to OC is the LE community. It is a political thing. Most beat cops don't care, it is a "you don't pull yours and I won't pull mine" kind of thing. But cops do like having a paycheck and compromise their principles to some extent to keep their pay check. If top cops would pressure politicians, one good thing cop unions could do, and encourage politicians to restore liberty this website would have little value other than as a place to carp about God, weed, and how Glocks suck.

Well said. +1

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

My bad, I didn't mean to say those who CC in general, just those who CC because they feel afraid of what others think.

I agree greatley with your last paragraph. The states street warriors have way too much political sway and they are not pro liberty.

Jeff Hayes

thanks bb62. I mean "Thanks BB62." be it that im from another country living off your tax dollars im trying to self learn myself proper english so excuse me while i try to be properly different.

i used the whole gay rights thing as and example. holding hands in public isnt as scary as some one armed with a gun (in the publics view) now you have the nfl and nascar either not showing adds or not aloowing the nra to sponser them. IM NOT SAYING its because of ocers but it seems like this is starting to become a domino affect. all it takes is some billionaire ceo of a company to see this stuff posted to youtube and believe thats how gun owners are. some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude. wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us? ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers. the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

I know quite a few people that OC daily myself included and I can vouch for Sudden Valley Gunner he does what he says he does. For the last 5 years I have OCed most of the time and have only been asked to leave one place mostly positive reactions a few stink eyes. I have shaken the hand of 2 County Sheriffs while armed and my Congress person as well. I have OCed to city council meetings, I have OCed in about 15 states without a single incident it is not that big of a deal.

sudden valley gunner

I know quite a few people that OC daily myself included and I can vouch for Sudden Valley Gunner he does what he says he does. For the last 5 years I have OCed most of the time and have only been asked to leave one place mostly positive reactions a few stink eyes. I have shaken the hand of 2 County Sheriffs while armed and my Congress person as well. I have OCed to city council meetings, I have OCed in about 15 states without a single incident it is not that big of a deal.

+1 You normalize it!

MyWifeSaidYes

In Ohio, CC is a privilege, not a right. Open carry IS a right, protected under the state constitution.

If we have a CC'er who is AGAINST open carry, THAT CC'er would be deemed a "liberty crusher" or some other, more vile, name.

We should all be free to choose our method of carry.

eye95

I...Open carry IS a right [in Ohio], protected under the state constitution...

Very close, but not quite. Here are the infringements to OC being UC:

1. You have to have a license to effectively carry in a car.

2. You have to have a license to carry within 1000 feet of a school. (That one's on the feds.)

3. You have to have a license to carry into certain establishments even if the owners otherwise would not care if you carried.

4. There are some places you still cannot carry, even with a license, where carry is unreasonably barred.

We do not yet have unfettered UC in Ohio, but we are close.

g21sfpistol

Banned
+1

what do you want to bet? ok ill bet you wont make a video and post it of yourself walking up to everyone you see armed to talk about OC. and not just in a place where you know people or do it all the time. multiple places. and i dare you to tell them that you dont care how they feel about you ocin. basically everything you said on this post. i dont care that one or 5 people vouch for you. im not trying to be mean here but like i stated look what happend in cali and the whole starbucks deal. if you dont count that as a oc loss then you are living in a world where there is treasure at the end of the rainbow and you ride unicorns to get there. now we have the nfl basically weighing in on the subject of guns in america by not airing the daniel defense commercial that didnt even show a gun in it. that how big the discussion of guns in america is getting and havin a rally straped with a gun yelling "its my right" or "from my cold dead hands" isnt going to win over the people who are on the fence about it.

eye95

What's up with that guy? Does he not believe that most folks here do indeed OC when doing routine stuff. We don't go looking to start convos about it, but it happens?

His dare is juvenile. However, since most of us routinely record when we go about, usually erasing those recordings because nothing happens, if he is looking for "proof," he need only search this site for such recordings. Of course, those recordings will usually contain a police encounter, but like I said, we tend to delete the non-events.

Anyway, if he peruses the Alabama forum for my second encounter, he will find a link to that recording. A routine day, with an encounter with a non-LEO who insisted that I could not carry that way and a subsequent encounter with the police (no doubt prompted by the ass calling the cops). For every time I have been stopped and saved the recording, nothing of note has happened100 times, prompting a deletion of the recording.

Edited to fix the last sentence that made no sense at all. Wow. It was bad.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by g21sfpistol new member here as well. ive got to be honest im not much of a open carrier though.

That's okay, g21sfpistol. I am.

I'm willing to pitch in here.

I will NOT go up to someone and tell them "I don't care what you think about my OC'ing", as that is just rude.

Come up with what would make you happy for me to ask or say to people, as well as where you would like me to do this.

I live in a rural area, but I run my business in urban Columbus, Ohio. That's probably a better area, as folks in Logan just look at my tiny little M&P 45 Compact and laugh, "Is that ALL you got?"

I won't approach people at night, nor will I approach people in shopping center or store parking lots. I WOULD be okay with the sidewalk areas in front of stores.

I have had people tell me they appreciate what I'm doing, that they wish they had the courage to OC, they bet the bad guys don't hang around when I come in and, of course, God bless you.

g21sfpistol, what would make you happy?

sudden valley gunner

what do you want to bet? ok ill bet you wont make a video and post it of yourself walking up to everyone you see armed to talk about OC. and not just in a place where you know people or do it all the time. multiple places. and i dare you to tell them that you dont care how they feel about you ocin. basically everything you said on this post. i dont care that one or 5 people vouch for you. im not trying to be mean here but like i stated look what happend in cali and the whole starbucks deal. if you dont count that as a oc loss then you are living in a world where there is treasure at the end of the rainbow and you ride unicorns to get there. now we have the nfl basically weighing in on the subject of guns in america by not airing the daniel defense commercial that didnt even show a gun in it. that how big the discussion of guns in america is getting and havin a rally straped with a gun yelling "its my right" or "from my cold dead hands" isnt going to win over the people who are on the fence about it.

LOL....so now you wanna change the parameters of our bet...:rolleyes:

Starbucks/California already had their minds made up.

I am not a rude asswipe....

http://www.king5.com/news/Washington-CeaseFire-marches-186703691.html - I am the open carrier in this news cast. At a ceasefire anti gun rally, and guess what? I approached many people and many great conversations, many approached us too guess what no one ran in fear from us and most were open to rational conversation, we were hoping to educate them and they were hoping to educate us. The only rude people were a group of older ladies that threatened to poison us with cookies.

I took this picture we marched with 1200 anti's....

We set up a booth at our local Pride parade although I missed it because I was in our state capitol doing political stuff our local group had the best reception from the LGBT community than any other place we had set up our booth, they even got hugs and other shows of appreciation, one cutie flashed the booth after thanking them.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by g21sfpistol new member here as well. ive got to be honest im not much of a open carrier though.

That's okay, g21sfpistol. I am.

I'm willing to pitch in here.

I will NOT go up to someone and tell them "I don't care what you think about my OC'ing", as that is just rude.

Come up with what would make you happy for me to ask or say to people, as well as where you would like me to do this.

I live in a rural area, but I run my business in urban Columbus, Ohio. That's probably a better area, as folks in Logan just look at my tiny little M&P 45 Compact and laugh, "Is that ALL you got?"

I won't approach people at night, nor will I approach people in shopping center or store parking lots. I WOULD be okay with the sidewalk areas in front of stores.

I have had people tell me they appreciate what I'm doing, that they wish they had the courage to OC, they bet the bad guys don't hang around when I come in and, of course, God bless you.

g21sfpistol, what would make you happy?

+1 I get compliments all the time, part of that is I am not rude.

g21sfpistol

Banned
The smell of troll is strong in this one. (Note the use of capitol letters, and punctuation)

cant even have a discussion without some one accusing some one of being a troll. this seem to be pretty tipical throughout this fourm. and of course nit picking at punctuation which means you have no argument. the use of your 9 words is incorrect anyway.

so what bet are you talking about cause no bet was made. yeah your at a rally great. the point im trying to make is you are going armed and that people see gun=bad. yall act like im against oc and i never said i was and some of you are acting pretty ignorant about. if you want to act like that get a job on capitol hill. in some areas of this nation people dont care if you oc. great!! but the rest of america is starting to have and infulance on states rights and more spacifically the gun debate. heck i just read a story on the news how in new jersey if you have a BB gun you can go to jail! nothing to really do with oc but just and example.

i agree with the phrase "no one knows what law abiding good people look like carrying a gun so thats why i open carry" hey awesome totally agree. but like i said there is a lot of people in america who fear guns. yes i know how some of you respond "well i dont care not my problem" yeah i dont care either but you will care when people like that start moving into your town and start changing things. if we are true to what we believe then we should care. we should care for the gun owners in those states. all im stating is if we are tlking from a military stand point maybe we need to change our battle plan. stoop down a level during these rallies. im not saying dont oc when your not at a rally. rallies are usually televised and can be viewed by the nation. its almost like psychological warfare in a way. but hey whatever im just tryin to help. im sure this will bring some immature comments as it alreadys has so id say save it cause they will just be ignored.