• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman vowings to continue carrying AK-47 to parks draws ire from open carry advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

tcmech wrote:
I disagree with the tatics that kwik is using with his ak47 pistol. I really don't care how you slice it an ak47 does not look like a pistol to me, and I own more guns than everyone else on my block combined.

That being said, I believe any person who can legally own a weapon should be able to carry that weapon with them. I don't care if it is an ak47, an ar15, a fully auto mp5, or a semi automatic handgun as I usually carry.

Extremism (I think thats a word) is usually pretty ugly, whether it is the anti gun crowd, or in this case the pro gun crowd.

I also believe that painting the tip orange to make it look like an airsoft gun is the act of an immature, or possibly mentally disturbed person who is intent on commiting a crime.

That may not be what he is advertising by saying that he only wants to keep the police from shooting him, but why as a law abiding citizen would he be worried about that?

By painting the tip to make it look like a toy he is in my mind carrying the weapon concealed. In my opinion if he is truly trying to make a point of exercising his second amendment rights, he either needs to remove the orange paint, or carry the weapon concealed if it is legal to do so where he is.

Due to popular demand I removed the orange paint from the tip of the handgun.

orangeak.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
umm...

just a thought,but with the orange tip couldnt some real dickhead try and say it should fall under NFA regulations?

specifically violating the AOW portions.

about disquised firearms

heres a copy from the WIKI,mt browser doesnt feel like looking up exact laws,but i haveread it before.

Any Other Weapons (AOWs) - this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the ATF deems deserving of registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

(i deleted the un needed parts)
  • DISGUISED FIREARMS

he even said,that the point of the orange tip was to make it look like an airsoft gun,which by definition is not a firearm.

so one COULD argue that with the orange tip it should be an AOW,as it does not look like a firearm,it looks like an airsoft gun.
That is an interesting take. But then you'd be saying that the color of a gun was it's own disguise... I don't think that would fly, I can make a gun any color I want, just like painting a car. It doesn't 'disguise' it... His intent was to show how having a colored tip on a toy gun could easily be mimicked and that the idea is stupid. He's right, IMNSHO. But since doing so has no educational use, and the deception if effective, is a deception... I have to disagree with his doing so.

I could paint my AK pink, would it be 'disguised?' No, no it would not be. Just because other people have chosen to make toy guns have an orange tip, does not mean that should an owner of an actual firearm choose to do so, that he is mimicking them. Unless, he says so..... In which case he's just kind of an asshole.... But even an AirSoft gun is a plastic BB firing device disguised as a gun....

Which is the more appropriate 'disguise' argument?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So......

Has little Leonard decided to paint his entire AK orange? How mature.

You are an embarrassment to all 2 year olds of the world, Leonard. At least most of them will grow out of their obstinance. You apparently have not.

How many times do you have to stick your hand to a hot stove before you realize that it's hot, Leonard?

An diot with a gun is bad Mojo.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
So......

You are an embarrassment to all 2 year olds of the world, Leonard. At least most of them will grow out of their obstinance. You apparently have not.

How many times do you have to stick your hand to a hot stove before you realize that it's hot, Leonard?

I didn't paint the entire AK. I did not paint the muzzle nut, or the barrel shroud. Everyone was complaining about the muzzle nut, now with it back to normal you're still complaining.:shock:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
At least most of them will grow out of their obstinance. You apparently have not.
How dare he not grow out of his freedom and obey your every word....

I think it's goofy, but I'm not going to give him crap for it.

I still think he'd be better off painting it pink. Who can argue that a pink gun is scary?

Does Duracoat come in pink?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
So......

I didn't paint the entire AK. I did not paint the muzzle nut, or the barrel shroud. Everyone was complaining about the muzzle nut, now with it back to normal you're still complaining.:shock:

Ooops! My mistake. You're right , you didn't paint the muzzle nut and wood hand guards.

But you did paint the rest of the weapon bright orange. You missed a spot on the trigger, though. You might want to do that in Chartreuse, just for contrast.;)

You know Leonard, you remind me of a video of a little kid. Caught setting in the kitchen floor with chocolot syrup all over the floor, cabinets, himself and the empty syrup bottle in his hand. Mom asked, "Did you make this mess?" And the little boy looks up all innocent like and says, "What mess, mamma? I didn't do anything."

Put the shovel down Leonard........and walk away from it. Don't make this any deeper for yourself than you already have.

B94

imported post

As long as kwikrnu is not breaking any laws I’m 100% in support of him.

PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

Hef

imported post

You are an idiot who does more to damage gun rights than Sarah Brady could ever accomplish. You've trolled the internet, looking for attention, openly discussing your plan to get detained for carrying a gun. You couldn't get a response from LE with a revolver on your hip so you step up to an AK pistol.

Why did you paint the muzzle orange, if not to fool LEO's during the confrontation you sought? I don't care if you carry an AK pistol, but the orange muzzle makes me question your motives.....that is, when combined with your comments about LE and desire for ammo to defeat body armor.

You are no friend of the gun rights crowd. You have expressed criminal intent and should be treated as such. I hope you get banned here, just like every other BB you've been on, troll.

B94

imported post

Kwikrnu,

I’ve read some about your situation on the net.

Let me ask you the million dollar question.

Are you planning any violence toward the police?

Are you a nut?

What is your motivation regarding open carry?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Leonard Embody. Note the amount of people in support of you, versus the number who claim to be against your right, lawful, and free choice to carry a AK47 pistol.

Note that the same people cannot answer simple, basic, logical questions about why specifically they are attacking you, have stooped to degenerative, foul mechanisms to try and incriminate you. Merely quoting what "could have been" is not substantiation in our book, or any body with half a brains book, for lashing out at you. You are NOT doing anything illegal. Continue to carry proudly please!

#1. "An Ak47 is not a "normal" pistol, and you are stupid for carrying one."

Answer: Wrong. You are an American, and the 2nd Amendment is behind you. Let the naysayers who profess to be in support of the second amendment hang themselves with their own statement of shock over you carrying a legal firearm. Maybe their firearms will be next. A ballistics expert could sit and quantifythrough "rationilzation" that a .22 LR round is all that a person needs for self defense. They are enough to kill someone, and they don't overpenetrate. This means all the snivelers, complaining about your right to carry a AK47, are flaming hypocrites. There is no buttering up, or "rationlization" they can use to avoid hanging themselves with their own proverbial noose, using this ideology.

#2. "His firearm was not "properly holstered".

Answer: Wrong. With the AK47 in front of you, you have direct immediate control and response over the firearm, without actually brandishing it. There have been many instances in the past where fumbling, and bumbling to retrieve ones firearm had occured due to it being in a holster (especially of the retention type).

#3. "Orange tips mean he has a criminal intent!"

Answer: While I initially sided with everybody else on this, the simple fact of the matter is that all of us, especially those in the law enforcement community, don't care what color your tip is on your firearm. For any of you that think your rationalization is some sort of concrete, ironclad "hurr hurr gotcha thurr!" comment, go grab an Airsoft rifle, and find a peace officer on his beat. If the orange tip really issome sort of universal sign for peace, maybe the officer won't mind you pelting him with a few plastic rounds. Maybe he will like it so much he will pelt you with a few copper/lead ones! Sounds like a fun game right? One I wouldn't blame the officer for playing back either.

His orange tip made a ranger second guess what otherwise may have been an irrational response. By prompting the question, he provided himself with the opportunity to relay his exact intent, and precisely what he was carrying. "Sir is that an airsoft gun?", does certainlyprovoke curiosityas to "what the firearm is", but on the same token it allowed a law abiding citizen to respond back with exactly what it is. Which is a legal, rightfully carried pistol. I am sure his actions (Honest with what the weapon was.) warranted a ranger jumping out with a shotgun pointed at his face, after doing nothing different in his routine when encountering the other ranger. Right? Somewhere between point"A", and point "B" he did something to provoke a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT responseincluding imminent physical violence, right? Yeah, good luck rationlizing that.

#4. "Camoflauge perpetuates an unhelpful stereotype"

Answer: Well excuse me pal for being in the woods, and not carrying my pocket protector. I did however have my scientific calculator in my pocket though, does that count?! Seriously, I mean freaking seriously? Do you even HAVE to sustain their argument for them? If I grow out a handlebar mustache, wearaviators, and drive a lifted 4x4will it piss you off?

All sorts of bad, BAD people carry firearms while dressed in camo:

Marines.
Soldiers.
Sailors.
Airmen.
Hunters.

and apparently, lawful citizens conducting lawful business, in lawful areas to do so.

I have read the vast majority of articles that .44 dropped in, and I have to laugh. The article stating he was once charged with domestic violence, bluntly says "Wrongfully so".
How about you Brett? Is your wheel so squeeky clean that if we had your name and address, that you would come back with no legal violations EVER?

I'm curious...

Oh and "wow!". This:

orangeak.jpg

is so much worse than these! --

kel-tec_sub2k-1.jpg

070907_Firearms_1_6a.JPG

pink.jpg

pink_glock19.jpg

Orange_Glock_Large.jpg

Damn. You guys are WAY behind the curve on pissing on people with painted guns. There is a venerable SMORGASBOARD out there for you to snivel about and defame!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Is your wheel so squeeky clean that if we had your name and address, that you would come back with no legal violations EVER?
A person can be accused of Domestic Violence or even Sexual Predation with no evidence at all. In some places the law requires nothing more than an accusation as all the evidence needed to find guilty. It is a system that has made itself into an irrelevant lie.

If I were convicted of even a fraction of the things I've done, I would be banned from the forum at the least and probably executed by Big Brother, at the worst (Lord knows they've tried unofficially). I have no problem with 'admitting' that publicly. In a government, society, and system of laws that are this corrupt, an honorable man can easily be labeled criminal. The British had little good to say of the Founders of this nation....

With the law and government in the condition they are in, this is a very poor method of judging someone's character. For either side of the argument to use it, is a waste of time and means nothing.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I, personally, like the AR-15 with the Yellow Cavalry Arms furniture and the DeWalt stickers....

Dewalt-16-Side.jpg

Dewalt-16BattDetail.jpg

Ah, here is the 'acceptable' AR-15.

271751d1.jpg

All you hippie gun-owners happy now? It's a Pink AR-15 with Flowers.

Oh, may bad, you need Fairy Dust, Unicorns and Rainbows. Just being Pink and Flowery isn't good enough....

Hef

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
blah blah blah I didn't read the whole story blah blah blah
The first pic is the AK, the 2nd is a rifle, and the rest are handguns that fit into holsters. He chose the AK because it was likely to cause a negative reaction and get him a confrontation with police, where the orange muzzle would confuse the officers ("is it real, or is it a toy?") and give him the opportunity to fire.

He asked about AP rounds for his AK. Why would he carry AP rounds in his AK if it's a carry weapon? Well, since he already has established the intent to engage police officers, and police officers are the only group who most citizens regularly encounter wearing armor, any reasonable person would assume he intends to use the AP rounds to defeat LEO's body armor in his confrontation.

Come on dude, you're smart enough to figure that out, aren't you?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Hef wrote:
The first pic is the AK, the 2nd is a rifle, and the rest are handguns that fit into holsters. He chose the AK because it was likely to cause a negative reaction and get him a confrontation with police, where the orange muzzle would confuse the officers ("is it real, or is it a toy?") and give him the opportunity to fire.
That's not he point, as so many people have tried to proclaim his choice in firearm is "just fine", and focused on hispaint job in an attempt to somehow say he has criminal intent. The point is, that these other firearms could easilly be mistaken for toys, and it is a regular habit to paint a firearm. Why are you not intent on incriminating them? What purpose could an AR painted with flowers, in a manner that easilly could be misconstrued as a toy possibly serve? Right?

We have already substantiated that an orange tip means NOTHING to law enforcement officers, and should mean NOTHING to you as a regular citizen. Nor should flower patterns, or solid orange paint.

Hef wrote:
He asked about AP rounds for his AK. Why would he carry AP rounds in his AK if it's a carry weapon? Well, since he already has established the intent to engage police officers, and police officers are the only group who most citizens regularly encounter wearing armor, any reasonable person would assume he intends to use the AP rounds to defeat LEO's body armor in his confrontation.

Asking questions about Armor Piercing rounds does not incriminate anybody.

If a man is willing to assert his right to carry a firearm, he should be ready to to defend himself as well. AP or FMJ really doesn't make a difference bud. Either way significant lethality is possible. It's the same exact scenario when you put on your sidearm. Sorry, but it is.

Obvious stirring to a matter which has already been beaten to death has already gotten those truly not aligned with the specific intent of the 2nd Amendment to show their colors.

He (Leonard Embody) has been at this for a while now, and amidst all the speculation of him "getting ready to do some horrible deed" by the kneeknockers, he still hasn't done anything illegal!

Blatantly asking for information about procuring items that some of you freak out over, on several forums over the period of a freaking month (or much longer), without him going on a mass shooting spree and as of yet or even doing anything of even REMOTE illegality, obviously substantiates an alternate purpose.

If I were to commit a crime, hanging out on as many forums, and making my real identity WELL KNOWN, wouldn't exactly be an intelligent thing to do. In fact, if I were an anti, I would test every limit as defined by law to provoke uproar in the firearms community in an effort to substantiate prior and future litigationeffort by watching you guys tear yourselves apart by destroying your own ideals in response. Which is exactly what has occured here! At a minimum, the people truly supportive of the right for individuals to own ANY FIREARM THEY WISH, have been seperated from those who state that, "Each firearm has a distinct purpose, and an AK47 Pistol is *not normal*.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let me point out something to everyone. There's another issue at stake here that I don't think anyone is considering.

Last summer we got a new exception to the prohibition of carrying our handguns into restaurants that serve alcohol. This allowed HCP holders to carry our pistols in with us when we dined at such restaurants, unless the owners posted NFA signage. After 4 months a liberal judge shot that law down and we're back where we started from. The TNlegislators have promised to fix this and run it through again.

Now at the time the new law was passed and went into effect, I doubt that many, if any, lawmakers even new about AK47, AR15 pistols. If any of them did, they probably didn't expect anyone to actually want to carry them around in public. Now they know about them, and they now know that there may be some that will carry them. They may not work so hard to get the law redone so we can once again carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. THANK YOU MR EMBODY!!

Even if they do, the restaurant owners now know about these "handguns" and more of them may decide to bar ALL handguns in their establishments to prevent any of the AK 47, AR15 and other like "pistols" from entering. Re-passing the new exception may end up being a moot point.

If we lose this law we'll have Leonard Embody to thank. And I'm sure the anti-gun organs will be soooo proud of him, for single handily doing for them what theymay not have been able todo themselves.

We are at war with the anti-gunners. We cannot afford slip ups and lose cannons screwing things up. We have to pick our battles carefully. Otherwise we end up defeating ourselves.

I support any ones right to carry what ever they want if it's legal to do so. I justhope they to THINK about the potential repercussions that may occur from it, as they decide when, where, and what they carry. Especially if they are considering carrying an unusual or controversial style firearm.

I also reserve the right to point and laugh at someone if I think their doing something silly (how many Glocks, WCrawford?:lol:), or dissagree with their choices if I believe their actions might be detrimental to the OC/2A movement.

B94

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
If we lose this law we'll have Leonard Embody to thank.

Leonard Embody can’t make you lose a law.

Your right was already lost if you can’t carry for fear of what the sheep will do.

Grow a pair and stand up for the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Let me point out something to everyone. There's another issue at stake here that I don't think anyone is considering.

Last summer we got a new exception to the prohibition of carrying our handguns into restaurants that serve alcohol. This allowed HCP holders to carry our pistols in with us when we dined at such restaurants, unless the owners posted NFA signage. After 4 months a liberal judge shot that law down and we're back where we started from. The TNlegislators have promised to fix this and run it through again.

Now at the time the new law was passed and went into effect, I doubt that many, if any, lawmakers even new about AK47, AR15 pistols. If any of them did, they probably didn't expect anyone to actually want to carry them around in public. Now they know about them, and they now know that there may be some that will carry them. They may not work so hard to get the law redone so we can once again carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. THANK YOU MR EMBODY!!

Even if they do, the restaurant owners now know about these "handguns" and more of them may decide to bar ALL handguns in their establishments to prevent any of the AK 47, AR15 and other like "pistols" from entering. Re-passing the new exception may end up being a moot point.

If we lose this law we'll have Leonard Embody to thank. And I'm sure the anti-gun organs will be soooo proud of him, for single handily doing for them what theymay not have been able todo themselves.

We are at war with the anti-gunners. We cannot afford slip ups and lose cannons screwing things up. We have to pick our battles carefully. Otherwise we end up defeating ourselves.

I support any ones right to carry what ever they want if it's legal to do so. I justhope they to THINK about the potential repercussions that may occur from it, as they decide when, where, and what they carry. Especially if they are considering carrying an unusual or controversial style firearm.

I also reserve the right to point and laugh at someone if I think their doing something silly (how many Glocks, WCrawford?:lol:), or dissagree with their choices if I believe their actions might be detrimental to the OC/2A movement.

Anytime you hypothesize as to what "may" actually be done, you provide leverage, as a member of the "pro open carry community" for the antis to fall back on. This includes commentary that may incriminate particular styles of firearm, particular methods of carry, or feeding them with your personal egress at somebody "wearing camouflage perpetuating a stereotype". Have you stopped to think how damaging such commentary could be?

By focusing solely on the ability to carry lawfully, specific "normal" pistols, of which the interpretation will change largely from person to person, you provide substantiation as a pro-open carry person with YOUR OWN COMMENTARY to back their assaults.

One cannot, CANNOT, sustain an argument on the basis of RTKBA, and simultaneously have a compartmentalized agenda. To do so ruins the reputability of your cause, which you claim is based on our inalienable rights, the 2nd Amendment, and our right to keep and bear arms. In not doing anything illegal, but provoking contradictory response, you have provided an abundance of fuel for the anti firearms movement.

There is no other way, whatsoever, to slice it.

Hef

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
We have already substantiated that an orange tip means NOTHING to law enforcement officers, and should mean NOTHING to you as a regular citizen. Nor should flower patterns, or solid orange paint.

Hef wrote:

Asking questions about Armor Piercing rounds does not incriminate anybody.

If a man is willing to assert his right to carry a firearm, he should be ready to to defend himself as well. AP or FMJ really doesn't make a difference bud. Either way significant lethality is possible. It's the same exact scenario when you put on your sidearm. Sorry, but it is.

Obvious stirring to a matter which has already been beaten to death has already gotten those truly not aligned with the specific intent of the 2nd Amendment to show their colors.

He (Leonard Embody) has been at this for a while now, and amidst all the speculation of him "getting ready to do some horrible deed" by the kneeknockers, he still hasn't done anything illegal!

Blatantly asking for information about procuring items that some of you freak out over, on several forums over the period of a freaking month (or much longer), without him going on a mass shooting spree and as of yet or even doing anything of even REMOTE illegality, obviously substantiates an alternate purpose.

If I were to commit a crime, hanging out on as many forums, and making my real identity WELL KNOWN, wouldn't exactly be an intelligent thing to do. In fact, if I were an anti, I would test every limit as defined by law to provoke uproar in the firearms community in an effort to substantiate prior and future litigationeffort by watching you guys tear yourselves apart by destroying your own ideals in response. Which is exactly what has occured here! At a minimum, the people truly supportive of the right for individuals to own ANY FIREARM THEY WISH, have been seperated from those who state that, "Each firearm has a distinct purpose, and an AK47 Pistol is *not normal*.

In and of itself the orange muzzle doesn't mean much. If that's all he did we wouldn't be having this discussion. But the thing is that HE STATED he painted the muzzle orange TO CONFUSE LEO's, not because he "just wanted to paint his gun".

HE ALSO STATED a desire to be confronted and detained by LEO's, and that he is not and will not be part of any RTKBA advocacy group. He doesn't give a rat's ass about 2nd Amendment rights. He just wants to get into a pissing match with cops, and he accomplished that.

Now he'll probably file a BS lawsuit. I don't know about you, but I have more respect for myself than to associate with someone like Leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.