• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handling police encounters in KY

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Here is my flow chart. Am I being charged with a crime?
Charging is up to the DA. The cop observes, detains and investigates and may recommend a charge. The DA decides unless its a political potato then he tosses it to the grand jury. You may beat the rap but you will not beat his ride.

UnfetteredMight

Charging is up to the DA. The cop observes, detains and investigates and may recommend a charge. The DA decides unless its a political potato then he tosses it to the grand jury. You may beat the rap but you will not beat his ride.

That's ok, ill take a ride for 1000s of dollars.

If one fears loosing their freedom to defend their rights, they didn't deserve them in the first place. Giving into corrupt public servants is the first step to a tyranny

self preservation

That's ok, ill take a ride for 1000s of dollars.

If one fears loosing their freedom to defend their rights, they didn't deserve them in the first place. Giving into corrupt public servants is the first step to a tyranny

I agree with you on that. A bully is a bully and I'm not much on giving up my rights just because I may be wrongfully charged. About 5 or 6 years a go I worked part time at a 911 dispatch center. So naturally lots of LEO hung out there on duty as well as bringing prisoners in and doing paperwork. I got to hear a lot of good conversations between them. One that I remember was between a deputy and a trooper. The poor deputy didnt seem to know a thing about his job so the trooper decided to quiz him on search and seizure.... Holy crap, the deputy would have gotten sued every other day if people really knew what their rights were. The trooper pretty much called him a dumb ass and told him it would be in his best interest to brush up a little on the USC. The deputy then made the comment "to tell you the truth I dont know much about the 4th". Police are just like any other group of people...they have good, knowledgable people and they have absolute morons... A LEO may stomp all over your rights and truely not even know he is doing so. Its up to you to know your rights and excercise them...not his job to make you aware of them or for that matter even know them.. I like the videos "flex your rights" Tons of bad acting but tons of great info.