• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 228 Write your rep!

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I don't know if any of you saw the article in yesterday's (Kalispell) paper about this, but it didn't sound too promising. The article focus's a lot on all the opposition that's out there in regards to this bill. I'm hoping it's just momentary but we'll soon see. I think we might have to rewrite all the state reps and tell them to leave it the way it is and to hopefully support it as it stands now!

40s-and-wfan

imported post

'Preciate the advice in the title of this thread, "Write your rep" but I've gotta say, I emailed every single Representative in the state of Montana and with the one reply I've gotten to my letter I wonder if writing them actually did any good! I wonder how many of them actually read my letter and how many of them just deleted it like the rest of us do with Spam mail!!

MTBIGHORN

imported post

What you may try is calling your reps public relations office and asking for his or her stance on 228. At the very least this a way to hold them accountable.

MTBIGHORN

imported post

While your at it and if you feel up to it feel free to contact the sheriff of yellowstone county for urging citizens to NOT support 228. What a joke that was.

Johnyt101

imported post

Hey everybody, I know its a little late but if you want to save this bill get on the phones first thing in the morning and contact the members of the conference committee!

Rep. Kottel, Vice Chair; Rep. Menahan; Rep. Kerns; Rep. Berry and Sen. McGee, Chairman; Sen. Shockley & Sen. Jent

Tell them to put Constitutional Carry back into the bill and to remove the restriction on medical facilities!

They meet tomarrow April 7th to try to get both chambers to agree on the differences so you HAVE to call first thing!

Good luck MT!

Johnyt101

imported post

By Phone
During legislative sessions, which occur in the first 4 months of odd-numbered years, you may leave a message for a legislator by calling the Session Information Desk, 406-444-4800. This service is available from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and from 8 a.m. to adjournment on Saturdays.

Im sure somewhere they have their capital office contact info as well?