• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

highpoint firearms

hobbles

PS:
My firing pin was wearing out, I called HP and got to talk to Tom (owner) they sent me a new one,, for free. I think I have been through 2 or 3 firing pins and one extractor, they sent them to me free and they replaced one barrel, also for free. My bullets were (key-holing).

bullet.jpg

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Thanks for posting. Be prepared for a critique by our resident super duper shooter. :p

Not too shabby IMHO. I have never cared for C9's (just personal choice). I figure for the size and bulk ...might as well go for the larger cal pistols with a higher capacity. :D

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Well compared to other semi-auto they are a pain. But seriously it usually takes me no more than 60 seconds to break my pistols down. Tap...tap...tap out comes the roll pin and that is pretty much it. ETA I break mine down every 500 rounds. In between a good barrel brush & solvent wipe, with a wipe of the accessible inner surfaces seems to work well.

Last edited:

Johnbo

I've been following this thread in the background and looked up some youtube videos on the Hi Point firearm, and all of this has made me curious. I'm not a gun snob and am going to buy a HP .45 to try. I don't own any expensive guns, I guess my ruger sr1911 .45 would be the pricey-ist of all I own at $1100 and this was a talo special edition one. I'm pretty sure I would never spend that much on another handgun again unless I win the lottery. Typically I have spent on average $350-$650 on pistols. My only experience with blowback pistols is my ww2(1942) walther ppk .32 and ww2(1944) walther pp .32. I owned a little beretta 1934 blowback in .380 some time ago. I imagine a blowback pistol in .45 will be a beast to shoot but it can't be worse than a .454 casull from my raging judge :p

FreeInAZ

I too have talked with Tom Deeb. He is a super nice guy. That's how I know the story of why Hi-Point still covers Stallard pistols under their warranty even tough they didn't make them. :)

Here a pic of what the old Stallard JS9 looked like. I really like mine. The new frame is a gold colored alloy and the slide is still black. (Ugly) I'm toying with the idea of having it cera-coated in black with gold tiger stripes for grins & giggles.
3ahu4u4y.jpg

Last edited:

hobbles

Johnbo,
Talk about a beast to fire. I fired the darn 50 cal Judge, that's a beast. The rounds wouldn't cost me that much as I make my own, but DARN, that Judge ain't fun for practice. 3 rounds and I'm done.

the3.jpg

hobbles

FreeInAZ,
I called HP and got to talk with Tom one day. He solved my problem with my C9 then we got to talking and comparing our reloads. We must of talked for 20 minuets. I have a lot of respect for that man.

FreeInAZ

Johnbo - the JHP 45 hi-point pistol to me has far less recoil (felt) than any of my other pricey 45's. The sheer mass of the slide seems to dampen it quite a bit. :)

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

FreeInAZ,
I called HP and got to talk with Tom one day. He solved my problem with my C9 then we got to talking and comparing our reloads. We must of talked for 20 minuets. I have a lot of respect for that man.

My experience was similar. No knock on other gun companies, but how many of them do you know of where a customer can call and speak directly to the owner? Pretty good service in my opinion. His wife handles most of the phone/web orders. I called about a order (to add a item) and she knew who I was...they are in my opinion just good down to earth folks. :)

Last edited:

Primus

PS:
My firing pin was wearing out, I called HP and got to talk to Tom (owner) they sent me a new one,, for free. I think I have been through 2 or 3 firing pins and one extractor, they sent them to me free and they replaced one barrel, also for free. My bullets were (key-holing).

bullet.jpg

You've been through 2 or 3 firing pins, extractor, and barrel? All on the same gun?

What gives? Are they all like that?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FreeInAZ

You've been through 2 or 3 firing pins, extractor, and barrel? All on the same gun?

What gives? Are they all like that?

Not in my experience. If hobbles sent it in they probably would of replaced it. Sounds like its working now. I have (3) 45's (1) 40 cal & two carbines in 45 & 40 cals. They all work good and no issues. Sounds like he got a dud.

Primus

Not in my experience. If hobbles sent it in they probably would of replaced it. Sounds like its working now. I have (3) 45's (1) 40 cal & two carbines in 45 & 40 cals. They all work good and no issues. Sounds like he got a dud.

Sounds there is alit of duds though. That's not a bash against the gun I've never even held one. Just all of the threads on hi points have a whole slew of stories of them breaking and how great the customer service is. That really is awesome to know the customer service/warranty is good, but a warranty is like the gun itself. You want a real nice one but hope you never have to use it for real.

hobbles

It seems like I would get about 3000 rounds and I would have to change my firing pin. The reason I know this is that I get one pound of powder and 3000 primers for around $150 and I get 2800 to 2900 rounds out of it, depending on how much powder I spill. (Getting old sucks.) I make my own >bullets< and I use to get the wheel weights for free, had the brass, so I shoot at least twice a week and put anywhere between 200 and 500 rounds a week down range. Makes it easy to do when I just step outside to do it.
Anyway, were talking about Hi-Points and that's how mine works. I'll get 3 or 4 miss fires and I call them up and they send me a new firing pin for free. Good or bad, that's it.

2000mark.jpg

Last edited:

hobbles

I will ad this, I now use a can of WD40 to clean all my weapons. I will put the red nozzle over the firing pin and spray, I also spray around the ejector and every where else to get all the black out of them, then I take my air hose and blow all the black off of them, then oil them. I started doing this with my 9UC, if that would of helped my C9, I don't know. Doing that, it sure makes the 9UC SMOOTH er...

Last edited:

Johnbo

I've always heard never use wd40 to clean any firearms :

Firearms - You should never use WD-40 to clean or maintain firearms. WD-40 is hygroscopic and will attract moisture to the firearm which will result in rust.

hobbles

Yep, I heard that too. But what can I say, I have over 5000 rounds through my 9UC and it works fine. I can feel smoothness of it.
WD40 has a lot of uses, it's easier on engines to get them started then starting fluid is, being gas or diesel, lawn mower or big rig. It will put a tire back on the rim in a heart beat. (watch your eyebrows) and it cleans off darn most anything. I'm not telling anybody to use it, just saying I do.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Like I said... :rolleyes: This guy suffers from a case of rectal cranial inversion.

Sure, personal attacks. Let's keep that bar real high there. I stand by everything I've said. What I don't stand by is the stuff you claim I said, that's up to you to defend.

Last edited: