• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Youth Corps

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The modern Committees are up and running as we speak.

Got militia? We do.

Anyways, you guys can help me with my little project: "Crimes against the Constitution" if you really see what is coming down the pipe. History doesn't exactly repeat itself but it sure tries...

If modern Committees of Correspondance are "up and running" I sure haven't noticed. We have our freedom because of the Committees of Correspondance during the Revolution, and now we are losing that freedom at an alarming pace. We truly need active committees and "Sons" that are as intelligent and resourceful as those of the past.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Ignoring all the implications, or non implications. Just where is the money coming from this? Is this how the current administration is cutting the deficit? It is time, actually long past time, to hold yours, mine senator, and representatives responsible. Remember the president can't do anything without money, if congress takes it away from him these programs fall apart.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
While I may not care for this program or the fact that we are spending money on FEMA while in 16 trillion dollars of debt....

this doesn't sound like a BIG DEAL. For one, I didn't see anything in that article that actually said these people are being armed. Two, I don't know why DHS is buying all this ammo, and it sounds very fishy, but I highly doubt they're just handing it over to their youth group because some guy on a website I've never even heard of said so.

As a child I attended a local PD youth camp (few weeks after school), all they did was teach us what they do day to day and how a traffic stop is conducted, then we watched a dog find drugs. (slow clap) No was was "indoctrinated" into being a government drone.

And I hate to say it, but after the news outlets made the katrina aftermath sound like the zombie apocalypse it almost sounds like FEMA would want armored trucks when driving into a disaster area.

In summation, the FEMA youth crap sounds like it's just that, crap. It doesn't sound like the end of the world or the gestapo coming to your door to take your freedoms. Put the tin foil hats down and go step outside and have a drink.

inb4 OMG SCHLITZ DOESN'T BELIEVE IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD TOMORROW SHEEEPLE SHEEPLE lol. I know it's coming. I'm going to wake up tomorrow and still have a roof over my head and still own my firearms.

Gil223

As a child I attended a local PD youth camp (few weeks after school), all they did was teach us what they do day to day and how a traffic stop is conducted, then we watched a dog find drugs. (slow clap) No was was "indoctrinated" into being a government drone.

This is no longer the same world in which we were children.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty; power is ever stealing from the many to the few. ( Wendell Phillips)
In order to be "vigilant" one must be aware that there is more than one possible outcome to any set of circumstances. :shocker: Pax...

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Several pages of discussion up at News and Political Alerts http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107711-Homeland-Youth-Corps .

Do you remember (from History class - you are too young to have been involved) when the Boy Scouts were accused of military training because they wore uniforms and carried flags?

But you are correct in questioning this. Go read what everybody else is saying, and add your comments to the existing discussion.

stay safe.

The Boy Scouts of America is, and has always been, a private organization.

DHS is a a government Law Enforcement group.

ldsgeek

this doesn't sound like a BIG DEAL. For one, I didn't see anything in that article that actually said these people are being armed. Two, I don't know why DHS is buying all this ammo, and it sounds very fishy, but I highly doubt they're just handing it over to their youth group because some guy on a website I've never even heard of said so.

The Hitler youth corps weren't armed either. They were trained to spy on others, including family, and report "politically dangerous" talk. They also had a head start when old enough to join the military, starting above a typical enlistee, perhaps even officer level.

papa bear

Which begs the question, "What action will the government take - following the guidelines of the Cloward-Piven Strategy of Orchestrated Crisis - to create a condition supporting the implementation of martial law?" (Anybody that thinks the administration is above doing such things, ask a Native American first, and then please raise your hand.) Pax...

ever read the "Hunger Games"?

Gil223

ever read the "Hunger Games"?

No, I took the easy way out and sat in a large, dark auditorium with a bunch of people I didn't know, for 2 hours and 22 minutes. Thereby saving myself several days of reading when I wasn't doing something else... like this. And your point is well-made, pb. Pax...

eye95

Maybe so but in all likelihood, many are thinking of the possibilities as well as the ramifications.

Maybe so. I just don't want to be associated with thinking about armed revolt when that thinking is turned into written advocacy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Deanimator

There are great similarities between 1927-1933 and the present.
Actually, I think that the current situation FAR more resembles the period immediately preceding the overthrow and assassination of Salvador Allende in Chile. In both cases you have a weak, incompetent, transgressive, and blindly arrogant leftist who doesn't know when to stop pushing, egged on by collossally inept advisors.

Just as in the cases of Weimar and Allende, it's not so much Obama that I fear, but what comes along to FIX Obama if he gets a second term. Germany got Hitler. Chile got Pinochet. What will we get, Giuliani?

Last edited:

Gil223

...it's not so much Obama that I fear, but what comes along to FIX Obama if he gets a second term. Germany got Hitler. Chile got Pinochet. What will we get, Giuliani?

There may well be nobody who has the courage to step up and even attempt to fix whatever mess Obama leaves behind. I was surprised that anybody else wanted the job this time! :lol: Pax...

Gil223

I have a friend who is in this program. I showed her this article and she found it hilarious..

Your friend is obviously not old enough to remember the Hitler-Jugend Corps, which by 1930 consisted of 25,000 youngsters aged 14+. And the chances of anybody under the age of 30 being taught about such things in our revised World History classes ("history" as the left believes it should have been) are very slim. Quite possibly, those who were members of Hitler's brown-shirted Jugend may have thought that those who saw the potential for evil in that organization, were also "hilarious" - because they saw themselves as uber-patriots supporting the Third Reich.

No one has yet said that the FEMA Youth Corps is an evil organization, just that the potential for evil exists within almost any government-sponsored "youth program". Why are these "youth programs" restricted by age and family income? The 18-24 age limitation, combined with hard economic times, and meeting a federal LSIL requirement, gives the government something to mold - the mind of a seemingly "disenfranchised" young person, who is unhappy with the status quo to begin with. A young mind which would gladly accept any philosophy espousing "hope and change", and offering them a chance to be an active part of the surreptitious revolution which may just change their lot. An offer that many will - understandably - find extremely difficult to resist.

Admittedly, I know nothing of the FYC curriculum. What information is available on the FEMA website is composed of vague references to post-graduation implementation, which we should accept that without question - inasmuch as we know that the federal government is always open and truthful with the citizenry. :rolleyes: Curriculum specifics are unavailable. The indoctrination ("indoctrination" is always a personal assumption on my part, when the federal government attempts to influence public opinion via "education") could be anything from "Table Manners 101" to "How To Report On Your Parents" to "Advanced Sniper Practices 401". Who knows? And, if the information was readily available to the public would it be disinformation? Historically, governments (not just ours, but all governments) will not accept responsibility for any action with negative implications, much less negative results. Hence the popular saying: "I love my country, but I don't trust my government." Here's another, lesser-known quote saying exactly the same thing:
“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” -- Edward Abbey

The thrust of all this is, that it's not necessarily the FEMA Youth Corps that is evil, but that the potential for being put to evil use exists simply because of it's government sponsorship/affiliation... and the documented history of world governments. Pax...

FlyBoy276

She states that the courses shes in are basically teaching them to become FEMA employees.

"Processing requests, writing and proofing project reports, conducting preliminary damage assessments, community relations work, logistical work, etc.."

OC for ME

She states that the courses shes in are basically teaching them to become FEMA employees.

"Processing requests, writing and proofing project reports, conducting preliminary damage assessments, community relations work, logistical work, etc.."
Based on the publicly availabe information it can be argued that we already have a organization that does those things that are being taught.....US Military. It's the 'ect' part that should give rise to some concern.

OC for ME

The bottom line. Why does DHS think they need a FEMA recruiting organization? A academy of sorts to groom potential employees. The service academies have their purpose, to train the "future leaders" of the armed services.

FEMA needs future damage assessors like I need FEMA.....and I don't need FEMA.

Is the Homeland Youth Corp the "service academy" for Obama's Civilian Army.