• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmut

Its a southern slang without prejudice universally used to poke fun at those who view our government as tyrannical.

So you are wrong again Gleason. The hits just keep on coming...

I have to say I've never heard "Gubbment" as anything more than a slang way to shorten the word. Like "Fer it or agai'n it." Or my favorite "yeah that was quite the sit'iation we were in."

PT111

I am 60 years old and grew up in the deep South on a tobacco farm where we had both black and white "hands" working and living on it. I didn't realize until I was about 30 that these "hands" that I grew up with, played with, worked with and ate with were actually that almost forbidden word known as "sharecroppers" {shuddering to think I actually associated with them}. During that time I have heard almost very derogatory term involving races that exists and probably even uttered many of them. In all that time I have never heard the term "gubmint" being used as anything racial one way or another. Anyone trying to make that out to be a racist term is full of ****. The term that one "black" preacher told me was not a curse word since everyone had to do it. I remember when black was a color and not a race, and if you really wanted to insult someone you called them black which was far worse then the dreaded "N" word.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
My Two Cents...

I am 60 years old and grew up in the deep South on a tobacco farm where we had both black and white "hands" working and living on it. I didn't realize until I was about 30 that these "hands" that I grew up with, played with, worked with and ate with were actually that almost forbidden word known as "sharecroppers" {shuddering to think I actually associated with them}. During that time I have heard almost very derogatory term involving races that exists and probably even uttered many of them. In all that time I have never heard the term "gubmint" being used as anything racial one way or another. Anyone trying to make that out to be a racist term is full of ****. The term that one "black" preacher told me was not a curse word since everyone had to do it. I remember when black was a color and not a race, and if you really wanted to insult someone you called them black which was far worse then the dreaded "N" word.

I have to agree with PT111 for the most part. I too grew up in the South. In fact, I grew up in Talladega county, Alabama. I never heard the "N" word (believe it or not) until I was in the 5th grade and I did not know what it meant. I digress...We did have "colored" people in our school and one was a close friend of mine whom later in life we both attended the same college. When we spoke of color "back in the day" I was called "White" and my friend was "Black". It was not derogatory at all. In fact, many of the black people I knew in school preferred "black" and did not like to be called "colored". I worked in the fields with my black co-workers planting crops, harvesting crops and "snaking" pulp wood from the forests.

Now one thing I have not seen here is that more than just "Irish" and "Blacks" have been discriminated against. How many people have seen signs that stated this: "Sailors And Dogs Keep Off The Grass" ? These signs were prominent in many parts of THIS country until as late as the early 1990's. How about that for discrimination? I personally saw these signs myself in Virginia when I was stationed at Norfolk in the Navy.

So your saying that If I own a business I should legally be able to to refuse entry to Hispanics or African Americans?

That means anyone in this forum who is an advocate for CCW, permits and fees should be kicked out, banned, removed!

Yeah, I do. Its your property.

J.Gleason

Banned
Hear that Gleason? Another one that thinks you are full of ****.

No that is just your way of talking down to people instead of treating them with respect. Instead you take on that your a redneck attitude and belittle people until they see things your way.

And am I surprised that springfielddx40 agrees with you instead of me. Um no! Why would Dustin agree with me considering our past conversations. Quite frankly I don't care if he agrees with me or not. He is entitled to his own opinion just like everyone else.

The fact of the matter is, anytime some one new comes into this forum and starts reading your crap, it doesn't give a very good impression of any of us. I know that is your intention as I said before your ridiculous comments that are more in support of WAVE then they are OC are clearly an indicator of your intent to destroy this forum and this movement from the inside out.

Do some table time and make it look like you really support the cause and then start making all of your anti remarks and see how much damage you can do by driving new members away. Funny thing is, if I make a negative comment the mods and the board members of WCI are quick to jump on the comment and "set the record straight." I have to wonder why I haven't seen a one of them do that to you yet. Or are you just relaying comments that are given to you to say so someone else doesn't have to take the heat for it?

By the way, just curious how old you are since your behavior is that of a 14 year old.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Gleason you tried to make "gubmint" racist and PT111 agreed with me that it was not.

End of story. You are wrong once again.

Next!

No you made it racial by using the term all together. PT111 is no expert authority on the English language. Therefore, his opinion is just that, his opinion. Sorry to see he would agree or condone the likes of you or your statements.

Spartacus

Banned
No you made it racial by using the term all together. PT111 is no expert authority on the English language. Therefore, his opinion is just that, his opinion. Sorry to see he would agree or condone the likes of you or your statements.

PT111 is from the south where I attributed the etymology of the word even before his post, he doesn't have to be an expert.

You were wrong again. I'm used to it and so should you be.

J.Gleason

Banned
PT111 is from the south where I attributed the etymology of the word even before his post, he doesn't have to be an expert.

You were wrong again. I'm used to it and so should you be.

Wrong about what? You making fun of people you think are not up to your standards?
Would that include people who stand in Gubmint food lines?
People who get Gubmint cheese?
Gubmint food stamps?
Gubmint health care?

Gee Spartacus would you treat any of these people to lunch?

Maybe take them to the range one day and teach them something about firearms or firearms safety?
Invite them to an OC event? Oh never mind that one because I am sure they wouldn't have a firearm that meets your standards and besides those are probably the people you would want to invite to your WAVE events instead.

So tell us how is your mission to destroy this movement from the inside out coming along anyway? I mean do you report back to Jeri Bonavia personally or just any of the board members of the Joyce foundation?
I know your going to say it is all a lie right? But the truth is the best way to destroy any organization is from within. keep your friends close and your enemies closer right?
Do some table time and make it look like you want to help, all the while sabotaging the forum and probably doing the same thing at the tables when no one else is around.

I think everyone here is on to you by now. Maybe you should just go work the WAVE tables and focus your efforts there and in the WAVE forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.