• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Look, I'm a solid NRA guy," he said, "but ... “ Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he will defy NRA, take lead on gun background checks

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
On Friday, he issued an emphatic warning to fellow Republicans: To survive and avert Democratic takeovers in Austin and Washington, they must act expeditiously on measures ...
... to become more like democrats.

What is a conservative called that looks left for approval? The same as a guy that looks away while another services his spouse.

KBCraig

Patrick has never been what you'd call a bedrock of principles.

He can make noise now to claim "Republicans are doing something!", but the truth is that no law in Texas will change until 2021 at the earliest. That's the next time the legislature meets.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Dan Patrick is a born again christian and a pragmatist. Those positions force compromise, causing conflict between the two.

KJV Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.