• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts Abide by the Laws of the States

WalkingWolf

SBX did not exclude concealed carry OR open carry of a handgun in their request. It would have been easy for them to ban long guns, and keep some of their customers. They did not, I think it is disgusting that folks would be so shallow to blame somebody else when SBX and hoplophobes are to blame. This is why our rights are infringed.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

SBX did not exclude concealed carry OR open carry of a handgun in their request. It would have been easy for them to ban long guns, and keep some of their customers. They did not, I think it is disgusting that folks would be so shallow to blame somebody else when SBX and hoplophobes are to blame. This is why our rights are infringed.

Thank God you understand this. Wish a few more could understand this concept more clearly. Nobody "made" Starbucks be anti-armed-citizen. They chose to be, and they are responsible for their actions and stance.

eye95

Thank God you understand this. Wish a few more could understand this concept more clearly. Nobody "made" Starbucks be anti-armed-citizen. They chose to be, and they are responsible for their actions and stance.

Of course everyone is responsible for their choices. That does not mean that what we do will not influence those choices, and that, if we make stupid choices, they won't be more likely to make a choice we don't like.

Case in point: Sandy Hook. The shooter is 100% responsible for the murders he committed. Don't you think, though, that the law that left those children defenseless helped him make the choice to shoot up that elementary school?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

mpguy

I think the problem is, a lot of this was bad timing, and or planning. Again, just an opinion. Star bucks made there choice, and I've said in other threads, it's there right. Doesn't effect me. I don't do star bucks.

I respect there decision, and if I was to patron for coffee, it won't be there for that reason, as I don't agree with the view.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Aztecking

I will say first that I am commenting on this after only seeing the one picture that is posted in this thread and when I saw it I said to myself "what is this couple thinking"? Now before I go on I want to say that I'm a proud OC'ing citizen and do it more than I CC. I'm not a big fan of SB and I've known they are a liberal organization and was a little surprised that they were at least saying they were neutral on the gun issue. I won't even get into the issue of why Shultz did what he did now but I have to say if people were doing what the guy in the picture was then I see why he did it. I am a huge 2nd amendment supporter and will defend it to the end however I'm not comfortable with someone going into a public place with an unslung AR and a handgun in his pocket unholstered. I can only imagine what a shock that has to be for some idiot libtard. Then to pose for pictures and bring as much attention to himself was just over the top. I'm sorry but if he walked in a place I was at I'd be reaching for my handgun thinking here we go, this guy is coming in to shoot the place up. Now remember, I'm just basing this on that one picture I've seen so let's not get crazy here. :)

My philosophy is we need to take a page out of the liberal/progressive handbook and do this incrementally just like they do. If we go about our daily lives carrying our handguns properly holstered and out in the open people will get used to it and it will become normal and accepted. I think we do ourselves and the open carry movement a disservice by carrying a long gun into an obvious libtard place like SB and just daring someone to say something. I make it a practice to smile and say hi to everybody so when they do see my properly holstered handgun they don't freak out and hopefully they walk away thinking "that's a nice guy and I didn't feel threatened by him carrying a gun." If they say something then I'm very polite and don't act like I have a chip on my shoulder or make them feel stupid for asking. I think we will all be better off if we take this slow and don't piss off too many public places or we will be seeing those stupid no guns allowed signs everywhere.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....

Jeff

WalkingWolf

Of course everyone is responsible for their choices. That does not mean that what we do will not influence those choices, and that, if we make stupid choices, they won't be more likely to make a choice we don't like.

Case in point: Sandy Hook. The shooter is 100% responsible for the murders he committed. Don't you think, though, that the law that left those children defenseless helped him make the choice to shoot up that elementary school?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

His anti gun repressed feelings become more apparent with every post. Only a anti would bring Sandy Hook into this discussion.