• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nashua Open Carry PD email

WendelBrue

imported post

I was actually speaking of c-17s.

But to put your worrying at ease, what I copied for the forum was the pre-proof read, and not what I sent to the deputy. So in case the deputy would have been confused about planes landing on Main St, he can sleep at ease.

Slight digression though, any input more helpful?

KBCraig

imported post

Especially in a state like NH, you never need to approach something like this as if you're asking for permission, nor even input. A heads-up notice to the local police is always a good idea for the reason stated: they'll know what's happening if they get a flurry of calls about people carrying guns in the park.

nh92d

imported post

if we were to go ahead with planning a picnic....:D

which parkin nashua would we pick..

Myself,i wouldn't have bothered sending that e-mail out.when we had a open carry litter pick-up in Hampton beach,we didn't bother sending a e-mail to the Hampton PD(at least i think we didn't and we didn't have one issue with Police)

WendelBrue

imported post

The email is already sent, so there's not much discussing philosophy on it.

If the picnic would happen in Nashua, I'd suggest Greeley Park. It's large, open, has a grilling and picnic table area, (which incidently is on the oppositeside of the children area so parents that don't want theirs around guns, don't have to feel like they're being ambushed).

Can people who are reading this, and would be planning on attending (time frame in July);list where they're from, so if it's not to be hosted in Nashua, we can find a central location.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

WendelBrue wrote:
The email is already sent, so there's not much discussing philosophy on it.

If the picnic would happen in Nashua, I'd suggest Greeley Park. It's large, open, has a grilling and picnic table area, (which incidently is on the oppositeside of the children area so parents that don't want theirs around guns, don't have to feel like they're being ambushed).

Can people who are reading this, and would be plan on attending (time frame in July);list where they're from, so if it's not to be hosted in Nashua, we can find a central location.
I'm from Concord. Nashua isn't too far for me to come. And frankly, you're the organizer so you should do what works best for you.

There are lots of alternative forums on which we could spread the word about this.

WendelBrue

imported post

Well I'm an open minded organizer? I think it makes more sense to host closer to Concord if there are 20 rsvps from Concord, and 3 from Nashua, regardless where I live. 3 people driving an hour makes more sense than 20 people driving an hour, and would promote more of a turnout for those who don't want to go too far out of their way.

I'm not online for long periods, so I don't know of too many other forums, but feel free to post the ideas.

NewHampshireNative

imported post

I'm going to start my own topic but seeing as how this is in the same area. I'M setting up a picnic for this summer in sullivan county (Claremont,NH,03743). I have members of my other forum usacarry who are in the state coming. As well as the site founder coming up from FL and other members driving up from other states like CT and others. Who on here would also like to come? It's open/concealed carry any way you want. It's a get together to hang out make new friends eat some good food and spread the word about peoples rights to open/conceal carry a Gun in the USA. hoping to have some news papers covering it and maybe news 9 and the ridley report. Going to have hand outs on state carry laws ( open carry laws as well) and NH state pistol permit applications. Hand outs about the sites, Opencarry.org and usacarry.com and hand outs of site sponsors like holster makers and the american self defense institute and many more. This is going to be open to all (you do not need to have a gun on to come. Or even own a gun).

doobie

imported post

Why even bother informing them or asking? As Nike says: Just Do It. Organize it and I'll OC an AR-pistol at the event.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie42 wrote:
Why even bother informing them or asking? As Nike says: Just Do It. Organize it and I'll OC an AR-pistol at the event.
An AR pistol? How big? Isn't that kind of counter productive? Or are we trying to draw attention to ourselves (I know I'm not)?

doobie

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
An AR pistol? How big? Isn't that kind of counter productive? Or are we trying to draw attention to ourselves (I know I'm not)?
Imagine a normal AR with a 16" barrel and reduced that by 9.5". and replace the stock with just a round tube with foam. Here's me carrying it in Concord, NH in front of the state house.

main.php

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie42 wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
Imagine a normal AR with a 16" barrel and reduced that by 9.5". and replace the stock with just a round tube with foam.
I feel like that's begging for attention. I think we should be focused on OC becoming accepted, not reveling in the fact that it's not yet accepted.

doobie

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
Imagine a normal AR with a 16" barrel and reduced that by 9.5". and replace the stock with just a round tube with foam.
I feel like that's begging for attention. I think we should be focused on OC becoming accepted, not reveling in the fact that it's not yet accepted.
Oh ok... I'll keep it concealed.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie42 wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
Oh ok... I'll keep it concealed.
Well...I mean, I'm just another guy but do you have a different pistol you can OC? Either way, it's not up to me. It's your decision.

Curious though...why carry an AR pistol? Is there an added benefit above a regular pistol?

CmdrFenix

imported post

ROFL Doobie! You sir are nutz. ;-)

Wendel I live literally up the road from Greeley Park. I just attended my first OC litter pickup and have to admit that it was fun. I'll be there with my 1911 when you set the date. :)

I also agree that the request for giving the police a heads up isn't unreasonable, but I am curious as to what they would do without the notice. Send in the SWAT?

-Fenix

doobie

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote: Well...I mean, I'm just another guy but do you have a different pistol you can OC? Either way, it's not up to me. It's your decision.

Curious though...why carry an AR pistol? Is there an added benefit above a regular pistol?
30 round mags.... and I can shoot an AR-pistol hella more accurately than any other pistol.... oh and did I say I'm an attention slut (as long as in my mind it is good attention)? People would associate something like an AR-pistol as something that'll shoot up a mall.... someone carrying it and not shooting up a mall would just be a strange concept for them.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie42 wrote:
30 round mags.... and I can shoot an AR-pistol hella more accurately than any other pistol.... oh and did I say I'm an attention slut (as long as in my mind it is good attention)? People would associate something like an AR-pistol as something that'll shoot up a mall.... someone carrying it and not shooting up a mall would just be a strange concept for them.
I guessed the attention slut thing. I don't see any reason to want people to think I'm going to shoot up a mall.

doobie

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
I guessed the attention slut thing. I don't see any reason to want people to think I'm going to shoot up a mall.
Me neither, but when someone (non-gunny) sees someone with a gun they think: Police or someone who is going to go on a murderous rampage. So letting them see people with guns and there being no murderous rampage is a good thing (in theory).

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie42 wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
doobie42 wrote:
Me neither, but when someone (non-gunny) sees someone with a gun they think: Police or someone who is going to go on a murderous rampage. So letting them see people with guns and there being no murderous rampage is a good thing (in theory).
I agree to a point. There is a point where I think the person carrying the gun has some fault when he makes the sheeple's fears seem more rational. For example (and I'm not saying you're doing this), carrying a sniper rifle through a mall would even make me frightened, and I'm about as pro-gun as you can get. An AR pistol is somewhere in between sniper rifle and Glock, but ...

There's that phrase "you bring a rifle to a fight. You get caught in a fight with a handun." Bringing along that much firepower might make it seem like you're going to a fight instead of being ready for one. Then again, I feel both ways about it. Again, though, it's your choice, not mine.

I feel like an anti-gunner here. :uhoh: