• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help: wife opposes me carrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott58dh

:idea:Try giving a *Power Point Presentation* Lunch with your wife and some friends. :idea:

Call it "Pizza with a POW" :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

Here's some pics to assist ya' gettin' started.

clic on pics,,,
2 reasons 2 b  armed.jpg deny rite 2 defense.jpg cops draw chalk lines.jpg

Just trying to help. :)

Geerolla

Above is the post that sent OP over the deep edge to put me on ignore. If anybody finds the above insulting in the least fashion they seriously have the problem, not I.

Actually, it was this...

Because you do not have the nads at home, you shouldn't try to prove your manhood on a internet forum. YOU will lose every-time.

But you're right, definitely his problem.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen - if you please back on topic.

No more who struck the first blow - it is cruel and usual punishment, but it ill becomes you and provides nothing of redeeming value.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
:idea:Try giving a *Power Point Presentation* Lunch with your wife and some friends. :idea:

Call it "Pizza with a POW" :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

Here's some pics to assist ya' gettin' started.

clic on pics,,,
View attachment 11339 View attachment 11340 View attachment 11341

Just trying to help. :)

All three of these pictures are spot on true. When presented with them, anti's feel uncomfortable and can't respond with a rational and logical answer. So they avert or avoid them, or make up some other answer to an entirely different question/scenario. I did this once to a leftie at work.

He was a nice enough man but he was not a supporter of the right of self defense. Once we were talking about this issue and I posed the question which appears in my sig with a little twist;

"In the final seconds of your daughter's life, just before her killer is about to dispatch her to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather she have in her hand? A cell phone or a gun?"

He squirmed and agonized with this one, clearly trying to come up with something that would not, A) compromise his "core" beliefs and, B) not throw his daughter to the wolves. So he responded with, "I'd rather neither of them have a gun". This was a null answer for several reasons, among which was the fact that I never mentioned her attacker had a gun.

When faced with reality, these people have no answer. The pictures hit them with facts which makes them very uncomfortable because even they know that bad people do bad things to good people. One of the common remarks we hear from them is, "Why do you feel you need to carry a gun in a ______"? You can fill in the blank with grocery store, barber shop, McDonald's, whatever you like. What they don't seem to understand is that bad things can happen anywhere at any time. Witness restaurants, movie theaters, shopping malls, parking lots, etc. They seem to believe that criminal attacks come only at certain preconceived times and locations when in fact, they can come from anywhere at any place and at any time. This penetrates their veneer of perceived safety and protection. And when it happens, they are the ones who are the last to respond because they just don't believe something like this is actually upon them and going down like right now.

Life is beautiful but it is also full of risks. These people accept the fact of car accidents, house fires, and violent storms but for some reason, they choose to ignore danger from human predators. They want to find good in all people but their immaturity with this discards the realities of life.... until it is upon them. There are evil people out there who don't think like normal people and have no compunction whatsoever to do terrible things to good people to get what they want.

A gun, in particular a handgun, remains the best tool to have at hand, when going about your daily affairs, as protection from violent attack. It is not 100%, but it offers the user a far better chance of thwarting an attack or if the attack commences, surviving it, then having nothing at all at hand. A cell phone will buy you nothing; a sidearm may very well buy you your life... and the lives of those for whom you care.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Great post SB.

Even if we were safe in such places as theaters, grocery stores, restaurants, we still have to get to them from the parking lots. Parking lot crime has always been a place for easy targets for criminals, especially those with GFZ stores.

OC for ME

All three of these pictures are spot on true. <snip>

They seem to believe that criminal attacks come only at certain preconceived times and locations when in fact, they can come from anywhere at any place and at any time. This penetrates their veneer of perceived safety and protection. <snip>
...and only by a certain population demographic...and it ain't the lawful gun owner demographic. Liberals are racist. Liberals don't like guns because guns = freedom, = liberty, and are a thumb in the eye of the state.

As such, liberals don't like guns because they cannot control the gun owner as they would like him to be controlled.

The OP's wife will come around eventually, it seems that she has started her walk toward acceptance and hopefully promotion.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Great post SB.

Even if we were safe in such places as theaters, grocery stores, restaurants, we still have to get to them from the parking lots. Parking lot crime has always been a place for easy targets for criminals, especially those with GFZ stores.

The general area in which I live comprises the wealthiest part of the nation; Northern Virginia. Technically I am just outside of NOVA but in reality, I am in it when one considers the demographics. Western Prince William County is quite affluent and has a lot of new shopping areas and housing. In one of our new shopping centers, Virginia Gateway, a woman was abducted several years ago from a Target parking lot and driven around in the trunk of her own car. Hours later, she was found in Maryland where her abductor left her after probably getting cold feet.

So yes, parking lots are certainly problematic and especially at night after a movie or a trip to a restaurant.

scott58dh

1911 rap whistle 1.jpg

hands that rock cradle.jpg parents are my armed guards.jpg

"Knowledge is neither good nor evil, but takes its character from how it is used. In like manner, weapons defend the lives of those who wish to live peacefully, and they also, on many occasions kill [murder] men, not because of any wickedness inherent in them but because those who wield them do so in an evil way." The Decameron 1353

Attachments

• 2 reasons 2 b  armed.jpg
    2 reasons 2 b armed.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

independence

Buy her some pepper spray. Make sure she goes out with it every time she goes somewhere by constantly reminding her to take it - especially when it is after dark. She will roll her eyes at first but soon she will start to feel responsible for her own safety, much like you do, only with pepper spray. Little by little, she will become more accustomed to the idea that using self defense tools to take responsibility for your safety is a normal and good thing.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

scott58dh

(snip) Buy her some pepper spray. Little by little, she will become more accustomed to the idea that using self defense tools to take responsibility for your safety is a normal and good thing..

+1 ,,, Great :idea::exclaim:

Last edited:

nobama

Im glad your making progress. My wife too hated it when I started OCing, although she likes the idea of a gun in the house or concealed,she hated OC. So one evening we had an OC dinner,she showed up late after my step sons baseball practice. Two of my friends were there which she knows and we all ate and talked. Now I don't know what happened but after that she never bothered me about it again. I guess she realized #1, I was going to do it no matter what, and #2, I think she realized no one was eyeballing us or running for the door. There are a lot of misinformation about OC and unfortunately a lot of it stems from so called "gun people" who are also misinformed and it just gets spread about by a lot of the cc crowd. Give her time, maybe take her somewhere without a lot of people and do a little OC there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.