• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPR: I don't think that you can expect to have civil conversation with anybody... that's got a gun

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
So, I'd have to agree with that guys statement that,anti's can't have a civil conversation with someone with a gun, becauseanti's can't maintain civility around gun owners.
+1 :D
Tit for Tat! Besides... the best defense is a good offense. Polite aquiecese isn't one of my strong points. Do that 'n they'll blind-side you w/o a blink.

So, what ou're saying is, that in order for the anti's to defend their position they have to offend the crap out of the opposition?

<headslap to forhead> Why, that makes total sense! Doesn't work worth a darn, but makes sense, in a sick, twisted, demented sort of way. :uhoh:

They (Liberals mainly) do it all the time. Example from the Baltimore Sun forum relative to Meleanie Hains murder:

Thread title: 'Looks like she should have worried more about being killed by her own gun...': http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=219449&goto=newpost

"If only all gun nuts would meet the same fate, the world would be a much better place."

Two really good explainations for the anti's behavior appeared in that thread. Well worth the reading:

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragi...elfdefense.htm

The Anti-Gun Male: http://www.cruffler.com/Features/APR...-April-02.html

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Perhaps their definition of a civil conversation in that they talk and we listen and agree. Pisses them off to no end, when we don't follow those rules. :lol:
Moreover... when we do talk... they're not listening. They'r formulation another retort. You can see that on TV news. (with the obligatory headshake during any conservative rebuttal or position.) 'Course... that's when they're not talking 'over you' while you're trying to say anything. We've been way too polite... way to civil with this crap for way too long. Now... they expect it... and for conservatives... we've been conditioned to 'behave'. Lookat all the commie-lib theatrics... Code Pink, Act Up... 'n the rest of this crap they come up with. Conservatives NEVER do that... but when the tea partys 'n anti-gummint health care stuff happened... we're a MOB... sent by big insuranace companies... Ron Paul... anything they can pull out of their lyin' hats w/o any accountabilityfor veracity. Then their running dog lackeys will bob their obedient empty heads in agreement and parrot the same crap as truth. No more... as for me... these commie-libtards can expect a big cup of STFU 'cause I'm not LISTENING anymore. Shut them up and destroy their credibility. Take their own 'Rules for Radicals' 'n feed it to 'em.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Perhaps their definition of a civil conversation in that they talk and we listen and agree. Pisses them off to no end, when we don't follow those rules. :lol:
SNIP Moreover... when we do talk... they're not listening. They'r formulation another retort. You can see that on TV news...No more... as for me... these commie-libtards can expect a big cup of STFU 'cause I'm not LISTENING anymore. Shut them up and destroy their credibility. Take their own 'Rules for Radicals' 'n feed it to 'em.
They're not listening because they are interested in getting their point across to the broader audience. The same reason they shout over us.

The whole reason to remain calm and polite is to maintain our own credibility and discredit them by contrast. For the broader audience.

One-on-one with a true nut-case anti, go ahead and yell. If there is any sort of audience with undecided people, stay calm and ask questions and make your points.

"Don't try to cover up poor logic with bombast," is an old one. Or, maybe substitute "misplaced feelings" for "poor logic".

"Look me in the eye and honestly say you can prevent criminal violence by rendering good people defenseless."

"How are you going to prevent criminals getting guns, knives, and clubs?"

Everytime they make some nonsensical remark, which is pretty much always, just ask a question that highlights its nonsensical nature.

Anti: "The police will protect you!"

Pro: "Then why do your own statistics say several thousand people are killed or injured by criminal misuse of guns every year? Police didn't protect them."

You get the idea.