• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC experiences

Saint

imported post

Yes I am over at the Towne Square Mall quite a bit (I work at the Olive Garden over there)

From speaking with the security guards that work they, it is my understanding that the 'mall' is a gun free zone. However, all of the individual stores can set their own policys and as such, you can OC into any store that has an external entrance from the mall.

If I am going to be in the main mall area I usually just conceal. However, I have never seen any type of sign prohibiting OC and have never had a probblem OCing into either Old Chicago or Barns and Noble there.

If anyone wants to meet me at some point to get more connected to the Idaho OCers (I am good friends with about 8 -10 regular OCers) drop me a PM and I'll pass on my contact info to you. Peace!

Saint

imported post

OCed into Target on Milwaukee last night to buy some Sudaphed. While I was standing in line to check out I noticed the customer in front of me (male, mid twenties) look down and stare at my gun with a somewhat perplexed look on his face. I simply smiled at him and went back to reading my magazine after which he turned away and finished his purchase. Nothing bad at all :p

After that I went and OCed into Red Robin for dinner. No comments or questions. I did look fairly official in that I had just gotten off work and was still in black slacks, white dress shirt and a tie.

Finished the night at Ali Baba's where I CCed due to not being sure as to their policy. However, I didn't see any signs prohibiting carry so I plan to OC there when I go next week.

Saint

imported post

OCed into Paul's Market in Kuna with my friend to pick up her paycheck. No comments or questions as usual (This is probably the 6th time I've OCed in there)

Went to the mall where I CCed (just wasn't interested in getting into a confrontation today) As a side note, I counted probably 8 differant security officers from Allied Barton (no one armed)

Once again though, I have not seen any signs saying that carry is prohibited in the mall and I intend to OC in there soon.

Saint

imported post

Last night was a bit interesting

I was going to be hanging out with some friends so I decided to use the oppurtunity to OC.

We first all went to dinner at Old Chicago by the Boise Town Square mall. I have OCed in there several times before and as usual, was not harrased in any way. The only comment even made about my side arm was by another patron who noticed it while we were in the men's restroom and made a joke about how he wouldn't want to go up against a Glock. I responded with the comment that it 'is a great gun' and he replied back in the affirmative and went on to say that he had one at home that he loved. The other two guys who were around at the time were also very relaxed and just goofing around about the guns (all three males were in early 30s to late 40s)

From there, I OCed into the mall for the first time ever. I walked out of Old Chicago to Victoria's Secret, where I stayed for about five mins (the girls I was with wanted to stop in) and then walked back out to my car. Only spent a total of about 10 mins in the main mall area during which time I got no comments and was not stopped.

The final OC stop of the night was Sharky's Pool Hall which is attached to Legends Bar and Grill by the Edwards 21 theaters. I had been playing pool for about 45 mins when I was approached by the manager who asked me why I was carrying. I responed that I was a citizen, legally carrying in a manner consistent with the Idaho State Constitution and section 18-33 of Idaho Firearms code and that it was for personal defense. He then told me that it was 'making his customers uncomfortable' and asked me to please remove my firearm. He was polite but not particularly interested in the merits of OC. I then asked if he would be ok with me carrying it concealed in a legal manner and he said he would prefer me to remove the firearm from the premise completely. I ended up putting my gun in the car and finishing out my pool game as I was with some friends. However, I will probably not be patronizing that establishment any more until they change their OC policy.

Thus we have it. 2 good and 1 bad experience for my night of OC

Saint

imported post

Haven't had a chance to OC a whole lot lately due to being at school or work 90% of the time

However, I have OCed at a couple gas stations lately (never any probblems), into Borders Books by the mall and last night into Ali Babba's Hookah Bar.

I doubt very much that anyone noticed I was carrying at Ali Babba's due to extremely low lighting and the fact that I was wearing an IWB holster. However, several of the people who I was with requested that I conceal due to it being a club atomosphere so after about 20 mins of OC i went and concealed. I had a great night there as usual

Saint

imported post

OCed into Rembrandts coffee house on friday night with my girlfriend and two of our friends. No comments or probblems as usual.

Yesterday I OCed into Winco on Milwaukee during my lunch break to pick up some groceries. When I got to the checkout I had some of the best, friendliest service from a supermarket I've had in a long time.

Finally, tonight I carried into the Old Chicago resteraunt in downtown Boise. I was with a group of about 8 other people and had absolutely no probblems. A very nice dinner and a wonderful time had by all.

And with the new bill going before the senate, I am looking forward quite excitedly to being able to OC on campus :D

Saint

imported post

Took my girlfriend out for Valentines yesterday and decided to OC.

Wore my Glock 19 in an IWB holster. Clothes were a black suit and tie with a red dress shirt. Very professional looking.

We went to Bardenays in downtown Boise for dinner. Excellent food, great service, no problems with the OC at all.

From there we went to see a play at Boise Contemporary Theatre. When I walked in a had on my jacket so my handgun was concealed, but i took it off when i sat down and had it off for most of the night. I noticed one or two people look and see my gun, but no comments or problems. The play was quite enjoyable and we had a very nice evening.

Saint

imported post

OCed into Borders Books by the mall today to pick up a book I needed for my British Lit class. Professional service, friendly staff, and I got the book I needed with no problems.

Saint

imported post

OCed in to Cabelas yesterday to pick up some new batteries for my surefire tactical light. No problems as usual.

I also carried last night at Veritas Coffee House (gun was in IWB holster and semi concealed from going to the movies before, but everyone there was aware i was carrying) There were no problems of course as the owner and the regular customers there are used to me carrying and some of them even carry as well

Saint

imported post

OCed in Cornerstone bookstore on campus today as usual. No problems or comments.

Also OCed again at Veritas Coffee shop. Very OC friendly place. Good coffee and a good time.

Saint

imported post

Went to lunch today with my girlfriend and some of my family at Cafe Ole where I OCed my Glock 19 as usual. No problems, good food, and friendly service.

My girlfriend is getting quite used to me carrying, even remarking today that 'Wow, no one even notices do they?' :p

Saint

imported post

OCed at Pie Hole 2 on Broadway. No problems although my GF did notice an employee do a double take at my firearm. (I was preoccupied passing out large ammounts of pizza and drinks)

Saint

imported post

OCed at Veritas last night for coffee and to listen to some music. Great experience as always.

After a movie at BoDo's, I went downtown with my GF and another guy where I OCed into the Piehole and around the general downtown area for about an hour. Saw a lot of cops out but I think they were more interested in the people rolling out of the bars than they were in me. No problems but was in a constant 'alert' (high condition yellow) mode the entire time. Guess that's what comes from walking around in the dark downtown at 2 AM:p

Saint

imported post

Little bit of a differant experience tonight than I am used to

I had gone out dancing with my GF and afterwards we decided to stop by Merrit's Country Cafe for a bite to eat and some coffee. I have OCed in there more than a dozen times with no problems or comments.

We went and sat for about an hour where we enjoyed great food and friendly service. Around 3 AM (yes this was late at night) we got up and I proceeded to pay my bill.

As my girlfriend and I walked to the door, a customer sitting with a group of about 8 people near the door starting trying to get my attention. He then proceeded to tell me to 'never walk in here without taking the clip out of my gun again' and that it was "idaho law"

I simply stated that "no I would not do that" and that he was mistaken. (Note that most of the people in the resteraunt at this point had come recently from the bars and it is my opinion that the man who addresed me was slightly intoxicated)

At this point the waitress who had been serving me that evening (one of the senior servers who has seen me come into meritts many times OCing) looked over at the gentleman and told him in no uncertain terms to quit harrasing me and that if he had a probblem with there policy on firearms he could take it up with the owners.

I smiled, took my GF's arm and wished the employees a wonderful night and went home.

I plan to stop in to Merrits sometime in the next day or two and just talk with her or the owners briefly to make sure that there is no problem with me carrying or to answer any questions they might have as to legality.

(As a side note, my GF and I were the only two in the entire resteraunt who appeared to be completely sober and well mannered. Her and I usually go there at least once a week and I make sure that I always tip well and am as friendly as possible)

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Durn it Saint, it's almost like you're enjoying life. 3AM? Hm, her daddy know about this? :p

bourneshooter

imported post

Did the fine gentelman at the store have permission from Captain Morgan or Jack Daniels to prohibit you from OC'ing on somebody elses property and against the law?

Great story man.

Saint

imported post

Went downtown with my girlfriend last night to pick up some food before we got back to studying. We stopped into Pollo Rey on 8th street about 10 mins before they closed and grabbed some nachos to go. After I ordered, the guy who rang me up asked "what are you carrying?" I responed that I was carrying a Glock 19 and he said "nice. I just bought a new Bersa .380... You get asked about that a lot?" I told him "no not really. most people don't even notice" to which he replied "ya that's cool man. I mean, it's totally legal and all so why not? I don't just cause I try not to attract cops at all. But good for you man."

I paid for my food, thanked him and told him to enjoy his new gun.

Very positive experience and it was really nice to get some support for OC. (this was probably the 4th time I have carried in Pollo Rey without a probblem) :D