• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC experiences

Saint

imported post

You shouldn't have a problem. Make sure you read and understand the pre-emption statutes and refrain from carrying in the generally prohibited areas (schools, courthouse, jail, post office, etc) and you will be completely within your right.

GreenDrake

imported post

lucas_flesher wrote:
You Rock Dude!

I have one question for you . I plan on going to sandpoint again for the 4th of july like I did last year, and watch the firework display at the lake. This time OC instead of CC will therebe a legal problem with that?

Nope, (sorry to interject) you are fine here in Idaho, and welcome. I haven't seen the fireworks in Sandpoint in years, and stay away from the extra 50,000 people in downtown Coeur d'Alene during their show. I usually take the family one mile down the road and watch from Honeysuckle beach on Hayden Lake, small show, but nice to sit in the sand with a couple drinks, the family and some snacks while my son plays in the water and we watch the barge usually blow up prematurely, happens all the time here.

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey saint...we need more people like u working for IDOC.
most of us C/o's are pro 2nd amendment with CCW permits.

the 2nd amendment is spoken about everyday in the briefing room before the shift starts.
i Payed good money for my glock 31 and serpa holster so i like to OC and show it off lol.
i OC as much as i can. however when i am with my wife, she prefers that I cc, so i had her buy me a IWB holster for fathers day.lol

Saint

imported post

Well it's been quite a while since I've updated. Been OCing a lot around town but nothing of interest to report for some time. :D

I took the oppurtunity tonight to go to the mall where I decided to OC. I walked around for about an hour and a half with no problems.

During that time I went into Merlo's Cutlery to look at some conceal knives and had a great time talking with the guy in there. I believe his name was Wulf.

Very cool guy, carries a glock himself and had no problems with my OC. Showed me a few knives and some excellent defense techniques.

I'd like to see if we can get a few more OCers to hit up the Boise Towne Square Mall soon so as to continue to establish OC normality there.

Molon Labe!

Saint

imported post

Went downtown today to meet a couple of friends at Dawson's Coffee Shop to hang out. I parked over at the 9th street garage and decided to walk to 8th street.

On the way over I walked through the 8th street plaza where apparently 'Alive After 5' was going on. They had several armed security guards at the entrances to the plaza and as I walked by two of them one of them looked at me and said "I have never actually seen someone carrying a gun like that before"

I responded with "Well good. I'm glad you can see me than cause there are quite a few of us"

I started to walk past them when the guard got on his radio and told the rest of the team to 'Be advised there is a man with a gun walking through the plaza"

I turned around and confronted him, saying "You guys do realize this is legal right"

Both guards said they realized it was legal and upon my asking why they would bother to radio me in the first guard responded "So that when the shooting starts I'll know where to look"

I ended up talking to them for a few mins. The first guard was obviously not comfortable with me carrying but the second was quite amiable. Towards the end of the conversation the second guard remarked on my holster (I was carrying strong side in a Serpa Level 2 retention holster) and he and I ended up talking for a couple mins about why both of us liked that holster.

During the course of the conversation I was asked by the first guard what my destination was to which I politely responded "I don't believe that is any of your business"

All in all not a bad OC encounter but definately disapointing as I was treated differantly than all the rest of the people who were walking in to AA5 which is in a PUBLIC PLAZA in downtown Boise.

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey saint.. if any of them give u trouble, let me know, i work with most of the security guards that work alive after 5.

I know the owner of SAS security and can call him
and let him know what his employees are up to..

they should be happy that they have armed citizens there.
.next time mention to them that they are indeed armed citizens also...

they have no special rights while wearing a security uniform.

headhunter09

imported post

so far the only time i have anyone say something positive about me ocing was at the walgreens on fairview and fivemile at the pharmacy the guy behind the counter asked if it was legal to oc and told him was and told him of the places that dont allow it by law and said that he will now have to carry just for fun, and the guy was maybe 50 so i got a kick out of it. past that i have never been asked to leave or leave my gun in my car so i guess thta is really good lol.

Saint

imported post

Hey everyone... sorry there hasn't been an updated post in a while. I have been very busy training for Boot Camp and haven't had as much time to devote to OCDO lately. Hopefully I'll have another OC update for you soon. :D

On a positive note, my buddy and I have recently carried into Hooters, Java, and around town with no problems. And while carrying at a fundraising breakfast a couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to talk quite a few different people about OC and firearms in general. Very positive experiences.

cwp

imported post

Saint, when are you going in. It's been a lot of years since I was at MCRD. Anyway, besides the physical, remember the most important part of boot camp "Sir, Yes Sir". Good luck, it's tough, but the world can always us another Marine.

--Carl

Saint

imported post

I leave May 11th for Camp Pendleton. After bootcamp I will be going to Intelligence school in Dam Neck Virginia... so look for me on the virginia boards :D