• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**OC OUTING** Bid farewell to open carry in Acadia (FOR NOW!)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

doorbell wrote:
Thompson Island is across the street from the information center at the head of the island (MDI). It is a nice place for a get together. Anyone who wants to stroll downtown Bar Harbor or check the views from Cadillac while OC? let me know.
I'm in, as long as it's after the event is picked up or wayyyyy before hand!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

crdonov wrote:
just making sure, july 11 is still a go at arcadia. count on my wife, myself, and me son to be there. cant wait.
Yes sir! July 11th at 1pm! It's on Thompson Island in Acadia National Park! I sent out the press release today at noon. The media frenzy should pick up tomorrow or so.

crdonov

imported post

awesome! hopefully there will be a speaker there, but if not we will still have a good time. any numbers on people attending? numbers dont matter, my family and i will be there

souders

imported post

I am there! I can assume that this is going to be in MDI? I live on the schoodic side of acadia which is why I ask

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

crdonov wrote:
has the media pick up on july 11, 2010 yet? if not i will still be there!
Theres a lot going on in July, in due time you'll begin hearing about it, and seeing it. One thing that would be great is if you could tell everyone you know! We're working on fliers and business cards as I type this, we'd like if people could distribute it amongst friends and post them on the walls of gun shops, businesses, restaurants, anywhere they would like!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

You guys need to use word of mouth to spread the word of this event - hit your email lists, friends, associates, etc. make a flier and post here as an attachment and print them and hand them out at gun shows, post in barber shops, gun stores, and ranges. Let's roll!

ep0k

imported post

Could really use some help designing a logo if anyone out there has experience in such things.

Planning on getting some business cards and flyers made up soon, was thinking bumper stickers too if there's interest.

ep0k

imported post

maybe, a sticker with the state of maine with http://www.maineopencarry.org under the state of maine. just a thought

It's a start. I'd like to superimpose a handgun over an outline of Maine. Guess I should work in that direction. My obstacles are largely technical; haven't worked with photoshop or illustrator much in recent memory.

ep0k

imported post

Would anyone be traveling through or by Augusta to get to the event? I'm in need or a ride.

I can change up my route to pick you up, only adds about 20 minutes of travel time for me.