• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**OC OUTING** Bid farewell to open carry in Acadia (FOR NOW!)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Maine Acadia Flier promoting the event! Please print this off and put it at all your local gunshops, grocery stores, absolutely anywhere that you think it will be seen! Thanks!

Link:
AcadiaFlier-1.jpg

crdonov

cabelas

Maine Acadia Flier promoting the event! Please print this off and put it at all your local gunshops, grocery stores, absolutely anywhere that you think it will be seen! Thanks!

Link:
AcadiaFlier-1.jpg

so much for cabelas. well if you havnt heard, cabelas wouldnt display flier for the public about open carry in arcadia. pretty disappointed. they would only display flier in the break room. i should go back to cabelas and ask for my 100 fliers back.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
so much for cabelas. well if you havnt heard, cabelas wouldnt display flier for the public about open carry in arcadia. pretty disappointed. they would only display flier in the break room. i should go back to cabelas and ask for my 100 fliers back.

Well... you know me... I'm incredibly stubborn. It's being worked out by Cabela's corporate right now, should have an answer by later today or tomorrow on this. The manager simply didn't want to put them out, he *according to corporate* never asked them about it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well... you know me... I'm incredibly stubborn. It's being worked out by Cabela's corporate right now, should have an answer by later today or tomorrow on this. The manager simply didn't want to put them out, he *according to corporate* never asked them about it.

A good salesman knows that he will get multiple "no"s before the first yes. You gotta keep asking, climbing the ladder - find the decision maker. If you accept the first negative answer, you're finished.

Presuming that you get corporate approval don't forget to thank the nice local manager and invite him and his staff personally to Acadia. ;)

Yata hey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
A good salesman knows that he will get multiple "no"s before the first yes. You gotta keep asking, climbing the ladder - find the decision maker. If you accept the first negative answer, you're finished.

Presuming that you get corporate approval don't forget to thank the nice local manager and invite him and his staff personally to Acadia. ;)

Yata hey

haha, but of course. I'm heading down this weekend to do just that, well... and go skydiving! :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Smaller local gun shops are generally more receptive - they are more in tune with their customers.

Virtually all of the gun shops in my area have regularly stocked information from VCDL.

Maybe you can tease a TV interview spot on the event.