• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Acceptance

The Bosun

Greetings, All.

While I frequently read this forum, seldom do I post or comment. Just to make use of my membership here, I thought I should do so by sharing my open carry experiences here in southwestern Pennsylvania.

I carry daily and--though, I conceal carry when I deem it prudent to do so--prefer open carry. Doing so during my daily travels and activities these past two-and-a-half years, here's what's happened due to me exercising my Second Amendment rights:

Nothing.

Not a thing.

The nearest thing to an episode I can recall is one store clerk at a business I frequent. A regular customer, she knows me on sight. A couple of years ago, she happened to glance at my holstered handgun as I was paying for a purchase. I saw her eyes widen momentarily but she said nothing. Completing my purchase, I wished her a nice day and departed.

That was it.

So, here I am, just a law-abiding American guy going about his daily business, able to defend himself and his loved ones.

I'm always curious to hear of the open carry experiences of others. Please, continue to share them here.

Stay safe,