• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY COURT CASE, IWB concealed?

T Vance

imported post

saltydog03 wrote:
Thanks

I do have CCW at this time. Residence is Alpena, Mi.
Checked my license and it is a CPL
Yeah Alpena. My parents have a cottage on Long Lake just north of Alpena. I'll be OCing up there next month.

saltydog03

imported post

Haven't heard of anybody up here OCing. I just heard about open carryfrom the Alpena News about a Traverse City picnic in the park OC day. Love Long Lake lots of good times. Just remember, Alpena vacation - home on probation !!

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bronson wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
saltydog03 wrote:
New to the site. Was browsing for rules of carry in different states and came upon this site. Could you tell me what is the difference between CCW & CPL ? Thanks ?
First,

We like to have people list their location in there control panel so that we know the number of members in our state. So, if you could do that we would greatly appreciate it.

Second (on to you question).

CCW= Carrying a Concealed Weapon. It is a five year felony here in Michigan.

CPL= Concealed Pistol License. Only allows carrying a concealed pistol, and no other concealed weapons.

ETA:

OBTW, Welcome to the forum.:D

Back before Michigan was "shall issue" wasn't the concealed carry license called a CCW?  I'm sure this just adds to the confusion as many people are accustomed to the older, now incorrect, name.

Bronson

Before "Shall Issue." it was a Concealed Weapons License, or CWL. Many still called it a CCW license.