• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY COURT CASE, IWB concealed?

Michigander

imported post

dougwg wrote:
and what about the shaky part?

I'm not saying this applies to you, because I can get the same way with lots of caffeine, but I think it's pretty safe to say that the very nature of police interactions gets more timid people to start shaking in fear, despite being law abiding. The very idea that it constitutes PC is absurd and baseless. I would say he'd probably be committing perjury if he told a judge that the majority of people that he's stopped that were shaking were legitimately criminals.

Please, please, please take them to task. They've earned it.

The bottom line is that if you want them to get investigated, you have to file a report. Having made this happen more than once, I can assure you it's a worthwhile and rewarding thing to do. Even if it gets swept under the rug, it will make the officers more careful in the future, and arguably restore some of the dignity they took from all of us. Totally worth doing, regardless of the outcome.

ghostrider

imported post

Let me get this straight.

He claims his RS for running a search and detaining you is, “Way reacting, shivering and not wanting to get information.” shaking brought on by nervousness is common when dealing with authority figures who are obviously trying to find something to arrest you for. Then, he claims that he runs “everybody”.

Hmmm.

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Bogus PC he is reaching!!
Yep, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knew that there was no PPO on dougwg. He was too quick to drop it when dougwg perused it. He claimed the mixup was from same last names. What, he couldn't check the first name, or the DL number or address. Yeah, right.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

LEIN and Criminal History Records - Inappropriate Access

To report inappropriate access to the Michigan State Police for LEIN & CHR record information, write, fax, or e-mail:
Capt. Charles Bush, Commander
Criminal Records Division
106 W. Allegan
Lansing, MI 48933
bushce@michigan.gov
Fax: 517-636-4546
The following information is needed to investigate the inappropriate access (some of this information may be unknown):

What record was accessed? Include the name, date of birth, driver license number, license plate number and details surrounding the potential misuse.

Why do you believe the information was obtained inappropriately?

When did the access in question take place (get as close to the day and time as possible - within a week or two is best)?

Where the access occurred (which State Police post, sheriff department, police department, court, etc.).

Who accessed the record?

Telephone number where you can be reached, if we have any questions.

Upon receipt of the request to investigate a potential LEIN violation, the LEIN traffic will be reviewed and a determination made as to whether or not there is a need for further investigation. The investigation will take 60 - 90 days under normal circumstances. Upon closure of the case the person/agency reporting the possible LEIN violation will be notified in writing as to whether or not the case was founded or unfounded.

saltydog03

imported post

New to the site. Was browsing for rules of carry in different states and came upon this site. Could you tell me what is the difference between CCW & CPL ? Thanks ?

ghostrider

imported post

saltydog03 wrote:
New to the site. Was browsing for rules of carry in different states and came upon this site. Could you tell me what is the difference between CCW & CPL ? Thanks ?
First,

We like to have people list their location in there control panel so that we know the number of members in our state. So, if you could do that we would greatly appreciate it.

Second (on to you question).

CCW= Carrying a Concealed Weapon. It is a five year felony here in Michigan.

CPL= Concealed Pistol License. Only allows carrying a concealed pistol, and no other concealed weapons.

ETA:

OBTW, Welcome to the forum.:D

ijusam

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Handed in the gun today...

My nephew was,I feel, railroaded by the Plymoth/Canton court and by Wayne county procecutors office for lawfully carry a sidearm. Faced with a felony he took the plea bargain and had to hand in the gun for destruction. Because he, being on probation now, can't be in the possession of a firearm and I can, I met him at the Canton, MI Police station to turn it in and the desk officer felt the need to give me a hard time.

He said that I had a PPO against me which isn't true at all. I not only have no PPO's, wants or warrants but I'm also a Michigan Concealed Pistol License holder. This officer tried to intimidate me by accusing me of being in possession of a firearm when I have a PPO against me.

This is a liiiii...this is untrue. He then goes on to tell me both his father and brother both have CCW's which in Michigan is a 5 year felony. I think the ill informed officer is simply ignorant of the fact that Michigan changed the concealed pistol license terminology from CCW to CPL. I wish police officers would at least TRY to stay current with changes in the law, after all it's their job isn't it?

And please remember, "Don't talk to the police!" it's not only great advice but also your RIGHT to not answer any questions that you don't want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3QT1Oq1SE
You should have stripped it down to the bare frame and just handed in the frame. It would have complied with the court order and you could have recouped some of your loss on the spare parts. Probably would have irked them some too:)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ijusam wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Handed in the gun today...

My nephew was,I feel, railroaded by the Plymoth/Canton court and by Wayne county procecutors office for lawfully carry a sidearm. Faced with a felony he took the plea bargain and had to hand in the gun for destruction. Because he, being on probation now, can't be in the possession of a firearm and I can, I met him at the Canton, MI Police station to turn it in and the desk officer felt the need to give me a hard time.

He said that I had a PPO against me which isn't true at all. I not only have no PPO's, wants or warrants but I'm also a Michigan Concealed Pistol License holder. This officer tried to intimidate me by accusing me of being in possession of a firearm when I have a PPO against me.

This is a liiiii...this is untrue. He then goes on to tell me both his father and brother both have CCW's which in Michigan is a 5 year felony. I think the ill informed officer is simply ignorant of the fact that Michigan changed the concealed pistol license terminology from CCW to CPL. I wish police officers would at least TRY to stay current with changes in the law, after all it's their job isn't it?

And please remember, "Don't talk to the police!" it's not only great advice but also your RIGHT to not answer any questions that you don't want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3QT1Oq1SE
You should have stripped it down to the bare frame and just handed in the frame. It would have complied with the court order and you could have recouped some of your loss on the spare parts. Probably would have irked them some too:)
That's what he did, turned in just the frame.

Bronson

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
saltydog03 wrote:
First,

We like to have people list their location in there control panel so that we know the number of members in our state. So, if you could do that we would greatly appreciate it.

Second (on to you question).

CCW= Carrying a Concealed Weapon. It is a five year felony here in Michigan.

CPL= Concealed Pistol License. Only allows carrying a concealed pistol, and no other concealed weapons.

ETA:

OBTW, Welcome to the forum.:D

Back before Michigan was "shall issue" wasn't the concealed carry license called a CCW? I'm sure this just adds to the confusion as many people are accustomed to the older, now incorrect, name.

Bronson