• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In New Hampshire

john118242

imported post

i would love to join im new to the gun scene . i'll be 18 in august and my first buy as a adult is going to be a 9mm and i will gladly oc when ever i can . i think its a great thing

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

john118242 wrote:
i would love to join im new to the gun scene . i'll be 18 in august and my first buy as a adult is going to be a 9mm and i will gladly oc when ever i can . i think its a great thing

John, you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL. Federal Law. You can, however, purchase it from a private seller.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
john118242 wrote:
when u open carry can ur gun be loaded?

Of course! What good is it if it isn't loaded ;)
Well, in states like CA loaded carry is illegal in many places (most places), so unloaded carry is the only option. With practice one can easily load and in a few seconds... beats the hell out of having no gun at all...

But still can't wait to get to NH so I can carry loaded and be that much safer... not to mention all the other liberties I'll enjoy that CA systematically deprives me of.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
john118242 wrote:
when u open carry can ur gun be loaded?

Of course! What good is it if it isn't loaded ;)
Well, in states like CA loaded carry is illegal in many places (most places), so unloaded carry is the only option. With practice one can easily load and in a few seconds... beats the hell out of having no gun at all...

But still can't wait to get to NH so I can carry loaded and be that much safer... not to mention all the other liberties I'll enjoy that CA systematically deprives me of.

Did you hear that NH just fully legalized all knives, including switchblades?? :celebrate

john118242

imported post

the new knife law does that include butterfly knives? and what is the limit on size of blade?

john118242

imported post

NH rocks . im getting a 40 cal pistol . any suggestions on brand and place to buy? i want cheap

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

john118242 wrote:
the new knife law does that include butterfly knives? and what is the limit on size of blade?

What part of "fully legalized all knives" did you not understand? ;)

Btw, you can thank Rep. Jenn Coffey from Andover for that. She was the mover on this one and without her, this would never have happened.

john118242

imported post

yay . i am a big fan of exotic knives and the traditional butterfly knife i just put a order in for i think 9 of them all different kinds and colors . im a big lover of new hampshire laws.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

john118242 wrote:
ok how do you open a new forum?

Go up to the top of the page and click on New Hampshire. That will take you to the main New Hampshire page where you can see all the different discussion threads. Click "new topic" or something like that to create a new one.

john118242

imported post

ok heres a situation if i borrow a freinds gun full permission to borrow and possess could i open carry that gun legally and that i am 17 i heard there is no minumum age to oc

john118242

imported post

sorry im new :) hey i got a question

ok heres a situation if i borrow a freinds gun full permission to borrow and possess could i open carry that gun legally and that i am 17 i heard there is no minumum age to oc

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

john118242 wrote:
sorry im new :) hey i got a question

You really need to open a new thread so that people can easily follow the conversation. When you have 3 or 4 different topics on one thread, it gets confusing and impossible to read. :)

john118242

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:

Did you hear that NH just fully legalized all knives, including switchblades?? :celebrate
i just talked to a concord cop and he said butterfly knives are still illegal? what is up with that? do you think he didint understand the new law? is there any RSA on the new knife law in NH? any buddy know anything about this?? i know this should of gone in a new forum but i wanted to quote above