• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.



New member
Apr 12, 2009
, ,
imported post

My "federal permit" is covered as a retired federal agent and was issued by the DOD.

it should grant me the right to carry carry county wide, but as many law enforcement agencies are not farmiliar with this type of permit I have had to go to court on several occasions to get my weapon back. so i got a nys permit as i live in nys it has made the process of dealing with nys police agencies easier.