• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Simply Curious... Open Carry Groups

Are there other active Open Carry Groups in the State of Indiana? I mean ones that do weekly or monthly walks? I happen to run one in Kokomo..... just putting the feelers out to see if there is any other active groups of people out there I have not heard about somehow.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are there other active Open Carry Groups in the State of Indiana? I mean ones that do weekly or monthly walks? I happen to run one in Kokomo..... just putting the feelers out to see if there is any other active groups of people out there I have not heard about somehow.
OC "walks" are not routine. In some areas, meet-n-greets have become standard fare. We look to normalize the acceptanced of OC'd handguns as we go about our everyday routines - breakfasts, lunchs, and dinners support that premise.

So far no one seems to be doing that in Indiana - compare to the Virginia Events sub forum:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?255-Virginia-Events

Build it and they will come.

cce1302

Not really. Seems like in Indiana, most people who OC just OC and there's very little drama surrounding it.

In some places, people feel a need for big groups while OCing; it's been done a few times in Indiana, but not terribly often.

You might find more events on a broader INdiana gunowners website, but they don't seem to get much traction here at OCDO.

Edit: "not really" is response to OP, not grapeshot.

Last edited:
Me and mine have been doing walks all year long. You can find us on Open Carry Kokomo Indiana on facebook, twitter and youtube.

I created this thread just to see if anyone else was out there 😀

Open Carry Texas and CATI Texas managed to get Constitutional Carry on the ballots through all their efforts. Why can't Hoosiers not strive for the same?

Last edited:

cce1302

Open Carry Texas and CATI Texas managed to get Constitutional Carry on the ballots through all their efforts. Why can't Hoosiers not strive for the same?

Is that the purpose of your open carry walks? Do you hand out literature, or what? How do you promote it?

As far as constitutional carry goes, it doesn't seem like a big issue in Indiana since the only thing between the current law and constitutional carry is a $125 tax.

I think we're moving toward constitutional carry, but there are a few other things we've been focusing on in the last few years: deer hunting calibers, hunting with silencers, state preemption, switchblades, campus carry, school parking law, lawful resistance to unlawful attacks, and a few national issues as well.