• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stainless...can we see your verison of the OC pamphlet?

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Look guys, no one needs premission to do whatever they want of their own accord. So long as no one uses the MOC name/logo without approval, it is a free country. We wouldprefer that it wasn't presented in a way that could be misconstrued as coming from us without us reviewing it, but the bottom line is we are responsible for our own "brand recognition", if you will.

The only question I have is, do you find something lacking in our tri-fold Stainless? Why wouldn't you just ask us for a stack of these, which would be provided at no cost by the way, for your efforts? We do address reasons to OC, so I don't really see any new information in your write up. Like I said, you are free to use whatever you want, but I would like everyone to know that we do have material available for this if you want it.

UCWT

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Look guys, no one needs premission to do whatever they want of their own accord. So long as no one uses the MOC name/logo without approval, it is a free country. We would prefer that it wasn't presented in a way that could be misconstrued as coming from us without us reviewing it, but the bottom line is we are responsible for our own "brand recognition", if you will.

The only question I have is, do you find something lacking in our tri-fold Stainless? Why wouldn't you just ask us for a stack of these, which would be provided at no cost by the way, for your efforts? We do address reasons to OC, so I don't really see any new information in your write up. Like I said, you are free to use whatever you want, but I would like everyone to know that we do have material available for this if you want it.

i see that any yahoo with a connection to the Internet can download the info right from here with logos on the tri-fold so any one can miss-represent the group by using the info and passing it out without knowing anything about it.

maybe the logos should be used for paying members and people of your group. the one on the net for anyone to use, see and download should not bear the logos and name.

i downloaded the pamphlet info but did my own to pass out.
why because all was to be found in one easy place and people on here are well you know... and i would rather give out info that leads them to the law rather into the firing squad here.

the logo and name seems to set in motion in peoples heads that "oh your one of those guys" because they have come here and seen first hand the problems in black and blue.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Look guys, no one needs premission to do whatever they want of their own accord. So long as no one uses the MOC name/logo without approval, it is a free country. We wouldprefer that it wasn't presented in a way that could be misconstrued as coming from us without us reviewing it, but the bottom line is we are responsible for our own "brand recognition", if you will.

How did he misconstrue it as coming from you? Why does he have to use your stuff? Is anything related to OC your brand recognition? Why are you guys picking on stainless1911? Cabman says he can hand out stuff only after reviewed by MOC. The Free Press drops a newspaper on my porch. It is not reviewed by MOC but I have seen articles about open carry in it. Did MOC review the Free Press before they passed it out? MOC is sure full of it.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

UCWT wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

i see that any yahoo with a connection to the Internet can download the info right from here with logos on the tri-fold so any one can miss-represent the group by using the info and passing it out without knowing anything about it.

maybe the logos should be used for paying members and people of your group. the one on the net for anyone to use, see and download should not bear the logos and name.

why because all was to be found in one easy place and people on here are well you know... and i would rather give out info that leads them to the law rather into the firing squad here.

the logo and name seems to set in motion in peoples heads that "oh your one of those guys" because they have come here and seen first hand the problems in black and blue.
Making stuff up? Did stainless use MOC logo? Check your facts before you say stupid stuff.

UCWT

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
UCWT wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
Look guys, no one needs premission to do whatever they want of their own accord. So long as no one uses the MOC name/logo without approval, it is a free country. We would prefer that it wasn't presented in a way that could be misconstrued as coming from us without us reviewing it, but the bottom line is we are responsible for our own "brand recognition", if you will.

Making stuff up? Did stainless use MOC logo? Check your facts before you say stupid stuff.

it was to make a point that any non member can mis-represent the paying group/members. what were you reading??

didn't say he did but i did say that i also do what stainless does because of the blah blah blah over the littlest things i would rather send people to find the laws not the blah blah blah.

here read it again i think you missed something or was reading it wrong.

why because all was to be found in one easy place and people on here are well you know... and i would rather give out info that leads them to the law rather into the firing squad here

autosurgeon

imported post

UCWT wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:
UCWT wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

it was to make a point that any non member can mis-represent the paying group/members. what were you reading??

didn't say he did but i did say that i also do what stainless does because of the blah blah blah over the littlest things i would rather send people to find the laws not the blah blah blah.

here read it again i think you missed something or was reading it wrong.

why because all was to be found in one easy place and people on here are well you know... and i would rather give out info that leads them to the law rather into the firing squad here
The difference is the MOC Trifold has been vetted for accuracy. Anything else may or may not have been.

That is not to say it is the end all be all of information but really all it is supposed to be is a starting place.

scot623

imported post

I personally spoke to stainless1911 today at Bass Pro. He understood what I was saying and it is all good. In a classroom or seminar setting, the teacher or presenter should at least see any materials passed out at the class/seminar. He agreed, nuff said.

autosurgeon

imported post

scot623 wrote:
I personally spoke to stainless1911 today at Bass Pro. He understood what I was saying and it is all good. In a classroom or seminar setting, the teacher or presenter should at least see any materials passed out at the class/seminar. He agreed, nuff said.
Yep that is my position. And I do appreciate the work Stainless does over in his neck of the woods as it only makes it easier for others to OC over there!

cabman1

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
scot623 wrote:
Yep that is my position. And I do appreciate the work Stainless does over in his neck of the woods as it only makes it easier for others to OC over there!
Thats all I was saying thanks scot623 and stainless

UCWT

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
The difference is the MOC Trifold has been vetted for accuracy. Anything else may or may not have been.

That is not to say it is the end all be all of information but really all it is supposed to be is a starting place.

and by our own text/words we have said the base of what we give out is exactly the tri-fold w/o the logos/names.

i looked up the laws before i even found the fourm when a cadet buddy told me about NON cpl oc.i didn't find this group untill i was looking up non CPL oc on a bicycle and google found a post from here on the subject.

my point is ANYONE that finds the info and passes it out could be just joe public passing it out with no ties to the group but the info they have is covered with the group name.

i took the name/logos off of the info because of the pissing matches people here get into and because if for some reason someone don't look into the laws fully and get in a pinch they don't have anything pointing to anywhere.

i understand what your saying but i can guess you get me also.

malignity

imported post

After talking to Mike, Randy, and Stainless at GLX today, (I happened to be shopping there and had no idea they were even planning on being there) and having this situation explained better to me on a personal level, I realize that I hastily jumped to conclusions as to what happened, and I think others are doing the same. This thread appears to be an attack on stainless by MOC, when in reality, all is actually cool with everyone, and things are already settled behind the scene. All we're doing now I think is mindless arguing.

fozzy71

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:

How did he misconstrue it as coming from you? Why does he have to use your stuff? Is anything related to OC your brand recognition? Why are you guys picking on stainless1911? Cabman says he can hand out stuff only after reviewed by MOC. The Free Press drops a newspaper on my porch. It is not reviewed by MOC but I have seen articles about open carry in it. Did MOC review the Free Press before they passed it out? MOC is sure full of it.

Why is every post from you so negative?

Everyone needs one of these, IMO:

chill_pillcopy.png

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

malignity wrote:
After talking to Mike, Randy, and Stainless at GLX today, (I happened to be shopping there and had no idea they were even planning on being there) and having this situation explained better to me on a personal level, I realize that I hastily jumped to conclusions as to what happened, and I think others are doing the same. This thread appears to be an attack on stainless by MOC, when in reality, all is actually cool with everyone, and things are already settled behind the scene. All we're doing now I think is mindless arguing.
i keep seeing more and more of that on here :banghead::cry::(

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Just a suggestion as I agree, this is not something that can or necessarily should be controlled by MOC... would stainless be willing to state on the pamphlet that his pamphlet is in no way connected with any firearms-rights organization or perhaps stating that he put this together? Not a "necessity", perhaps just a polite thing to do. That way, there is no question in anyone's thinking from where this came. Like I said though, no criticism of what he did.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

I stopped reading about halfway through the second page...

You know why?

Because as far as I can see there are a bunch of guys twice my age acting like a bunch of children.

bicker bicker bitch bitch bicker bitch bicker....

Well, go back and read the thread again. Did it accomplish anything? Anything at all?

I didn't think so.

So please, keeping in mind that the internet is public, and that anything you post reflects on ALL of us, and is accessible by those on BOTH SIDES, THINK BEFORE YOU POST, particularly about if that post will actually serve a useful purpose.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

scot623 wrote:

Basically that.

After we spoke before the seminar today, I was able to hand out the information . They thought it was appropriate and helpful.

MOC is new, and we have some bugs to work out, such as protocol.Establishing some official protocolprobably be adressed at this point because it came up here. Better earlier than later.

BTW, this whole seminar worked out beautifully, the speakers were outstanding, so was the presentation. There is some real talent at work here. And I was happy to be able to meet a few of you in person. Remembering names, well, that takes me a sec.

I thought it would be neat if some of us showed up in the audience, and maybe did a few laps OC around the mall. Instead, we wound up educating probably 100 people, signed up a few, and passed out a lot of information. We answered a lot of questions, though giving a good OC presentation in an hour is very difficult. Not only that, it looks like MOC will be doing something like this at least quarterly, but Ill leave that for another thread. I hope to be involved in some way.

sevenplusone

imported post

Huh, a bunch of 2A activists arguing over the proper use of 1A. How about that.

Seems to me that he in no way referenced MOC and thus can write, distribute, and discuss whatever he sees fit wherever he sees fit (barring private property rules of course).