• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNCLE TED a DRAFT DODGER

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Until you guys got sidetracked, this was about Ted Nugent. Has anyone actually verified this "interview" with the Detroit Free Press in July 1990? I'll bet you a steak dinner anywhere in Michigan (Ruth's Chris, Morton's, wherever) that it's not true. Because the first time I heard about this is was an interview with High Times in 1977. It's even referenced here:

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/draft_dodging_republican_hero_ted_nugent_endorses_mitt_romney
http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-supporter-ted-nugent-pedophile-and-draft-dodger-his-own-words

As far as I know this story is bogus, and speculation was High Times printed it (as evil satire?) because Nugent was a vocal anti-marijuana crusader. I think somebody probably changed the media from High Times to the Detroit Free Press to give the story some legitimacy. You know, like those emails you get about viruses that Microsoft has verified as being very dangerous?

Anyone here have any firearms-related stuff to sell? I've got a check drawn on a Nigerian bank I'd like to use to purchase them. It's good, though. I promise!

How refreshing - a voice of reason and moderation. Sticks to the facts and doesn't insult or attack anyone either.

This thread is tenuous at best with little application to OC or RKBA - maybe staying on topic will save it.

stainless1911

Banned
I just get carried away sometimes, like.

ted nugent.
hide-1.gif

Who, btw really ierks me with his pro second amendment stance, but doesnt think it should be exercised by everyone, just those with a permission slop, and then it has to be concealed.

I really don't think he would have SH** himself to stay out of the war, he's crazy enough, but I don't believe it.

griffin

I really don't think he would have SH** himself to stay out of the war, he's crazy enough, but I don't believe it.
If you read the article closely, you can easily tell it's made up satire.

After one week of eating junk food, he is just this side of death. (Impossible). Then he peed and pooped in his pants for a week straight without changing clothes. (Really? And he said that no one noticed at the induction center until he removed his pants? LOL.) Then he starts snorting huge amounts of crystal meth.

Really, you guys believed this?

And military.com believed it?

Last edited:

griffin

WTF? Ted has always been outspoken against OC. If you have audio or video to disprove my claim, I'd be interested in seeing it.
No, I mean I disagree with him on OC. He is against, I am for. I disagree with his reasons (you will be the first to die, you will be targeted, you have a tactical advantage when you CC [possibly, in certain circumstances, but probably not] etc.)

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I didnt believe it really, besides that I think the guy is nuts.

I (think) the video was the young turks, a very anti conservitave news thing I saw on youtube a couple times. They would have junped on the opportunity to smear Ted, knowing that a good portion of gun owners respect him

stainless1911

Banned
No, I mean I disagree with him on OC. He is against, I am for. I disagree with his reasons (you will be the first to die, you will be targeted, you have a tactical advantage when you CC [maybe yes, but probably not] etc.)

Ok, I misunderstood.

I find some of his misunderstandings a little amusing. Given the chance, I'd love to discuss it with him, and ask him to back up what he says.

Jared

or are those who dont fight for freedom, freeloaders?

The draft is involuntary servitude and was outlawed by the 13th Amendment to the Constitution... but no one cares about that pesky document.

Why do you equate soldiers following orders of politicians to fighting for freedom?

What freedom have you enjoye that was won from the constant wars that have been fought for the past 10 years?

The right to bear arms in Chicago????

The right to bear arms in Honolulu????

The right to own a switchblade in your own home in Michigan????

The right to travel by common carrier without being molested by TSA??????

I used to loath slick willie for "fleeing to Canada" but I have since changed my views on the subject matter.

Most military are like most police, they will follow orders no matter what... search New Orleans + Katrina + gun confiscation in youtube and see for yourself.

griffin

most police, they will follow orders no matter what... search New Orleans + Katrina + gun confiscation in youtube and see for yourself.
I saw a post on a firearms board today about a cop who said he follows his fellow officers, not the law. That's where his duty lies.

stainless1911

Banned
He swore an oath to both the law and the constitution, when the law and the constitution contradict, you default to the constitution, being the supreme law.

Whether you are elected to either represent, or serve, your opinions are to be kept to yourself, they are simply, irrelevant.

ManInBlack

The draft is involuntary servitude and was outlawed by the 13th Amendment to the Constitution... but no one cares about that pesky document.

Why do you equate soldiers following orders of politicians to fighting for freedom?

What freedom have you enjoye that was won from the constant wars that have been fought for the past 10 years?

The right to bear arms in Chicago????

The right to bear arms in Honolulu????

The right to own a switchblade in your own home in Michigan????

The right to travel by common carrier without being molested by TSA??????

I used to loath slick willie for "fleeing to Canada" but I have since changed my views on the subject matter.

Most military are like most police, they will follow orders no matter what... search New Orleans + Katrina + gun confiscation in youtube and see for yourself.

Great post. Agreed 100%!

griffin

Do you know where this LEO patrols?
I follow firearms forums for two states: Indiana and Michigan. I can't remember which forum I read it on. I think it was one of the MI boards, so perhaps someone else here saw it. If I run across it again, I will post it here.

OneForAll

I follow firearms forums for two states: Indiana and Michigan. I can't remember which forum I read it on. I think it was one of the MI boards, so perhaps someone else here saw it. If I run across it again, I will post it here.

Thank you.