• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virtual House Arrest Ordered for Minors in East St. Louis

mustangkiller

Haha the mayor read my post ;)

It is good to see that me might actually have at least a tiny bit of sense.

MamabearCali

And at midnight about a week later, the kid and all his friends would burn down the big deputy's house, with him in it. And the deputy would deserve it.

You know what I find insane. We are fine with putting electricity through theses same minors bodies if they don't comply with the police (tazing). We are ok with the police kicking them in the ribs and turning their arms the wrong way if they don't comply with the police. Any of these actions can have very serious damaging even fatal effects. However we are not ok with an old fashioned tanning to teach respet for laws. Which is likely to cause no serious damage except to pride.

You don't want to beat these kids...neither do I. But as a society we had better find a way to handle them. We have a huge group of teens coming up that fear no authority whatsoever and have been taught even fewer morals. Their mommies and daddies were either apathetic or told that if they yelled at their child or god forbid spanked the child that they were abusing them. Their teachers were forbidden by the school to even out them in time out. So we have a scary scenario developing here.

Do these teens show up at the deputies house that tazed them.....I have not heard of that.

Freedom1Man

Come on people, really.

Their=ownership
There=location; think of it as T+HERE
They're= action; they are.

Your= ownership
You're = action; you are

Whole= complete
Hole= incomplete

If we can't even use the English language correctly then we only give fuel and ammo to our enemies.

weather=rain/sun/temp
whether= conditional

(/rant)

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Did you read the whole article? Unless I misunderstood it, they are going to perform these searches on all vehicles, all bicycles, all pedestrians, and make sure that all persons have and carry state issued id. This isn't just minors, as far as I understood it.

That is my understanding from that article also.