• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

Family held at gunpoint in home invasion.

Family held at gunpoint in home invasion
Save this story to read later
October 23, 2011 6:52AM.

Related Coverage75-year-old tied up in home invasion The Daily Telegraph, 1 day ago
Three held over home invasion Perth Now, 8 Sep 2011
Girl, 5, held at gunpoint by robbers Herald Sun, 17 Aug 2011
Mother, girl's home invasion terror The Daily Telegraph, 17 Aug 2011
Two men wanted over home invasion Adelaide Now, 13 Aug 2011

A FAMILY of five has been tied up and robbed in a home invasion in Sydney's northwest.

Read more: <http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/family-held-at-gunpoint-in-home-invasion/story-e6frfku0-1226174144124>

45acpForMe

It's hard to believe that people can be so evil. I guess when you disarm the public it brings out the worst in people. Study after study show as the public arms themselves crime drops.

I am all for harsh punishment for criminals including death but wish the laws would stop punishing/sacrificing law abiding people. I have read that the majority of violent crimes are committed by the same small percentage of the population. It would be nice to cage them up permanently so that the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Whatever happened to that Aussie good natured common sense? Has it been surgically removed from the general population? How have the gun-grabbing politicians been elected?

As always good luck!

Haz.

Police shift supervisor says that no one is able to attend. Overtime payments cut.

It just keeps getting worse since the Gun Ban.
"Internal correspondence about a domestic violence call shows how fraught the situation is.

"At 1.25pm a woman claimed she was being assaulted by her partner. Maryborough communications rings Hervey Bay Station advising of the job. The shift supervisor says that no one is able to attend due to the time unless they authorise a Code 2," the leaked correspondence said."
Hope she survives untill the day shift clocks on? Haz.

POLICE have been forced to delay responding to crimes after overtime budgets were cut to help pay for wage increases.

Frustrated officers are being told to attend some crime scenes the next day, as some regions cut overtime by 50 per cent.

Read More: <http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/policing-on-the-cheap-as-overtime-reduced/story-e6freoof-1226173999590>

Last edited:

Haz.

October 23, 2011 6:52AM
Related Coverage75-year-old tied up in home invasion The Daily Telegraph, 2 days ago
Three held over home invasion Perth Now, 8 Sep 2011
Girl, 5, held at gunpoint by robbers Herald Sun, 17 Aug 2011
Mother, girl's home invasion terror The Daily Telegraph, 17 Aug 2011
Two men wanted over home invasion Adelaide Now, 13 Aug 2011
A FAMILY of five has been tied up and robbed in a home invasion in Sydney's northwest.

Police say they were tied up by men wearing balaclavas and armed with a knife and gun, who forced their way inside the house at West Pennant Hills just before 1am (AEDT) today.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...on/story-e6frfku0-1226174144124#ixzz1bdmyTHGB

Haz.

Multiple shots fired in road rage incident in Greenacre.

What ever you do, dont toot your car horn at people of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean appearence Down Under, especially in Sydney and especially if unarmed which we all are because armed self defence is illegal. You might get shot! Haz.

MULTIPLE gun shots were fired during a road rage incident in southwest Sydney yesterday. Leigh van den Broeke From: The Daily Telegraph October 25, 2011 7:23AM

A black handgun was fired three times into the air when the driver of a Toyota Prado 4WD began sounding his horn at a 1999 model green Holden Rodeo in front of him on Noble Avenue, Greenacre at 3.30pm yesterday.

Read More:

<http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/multiple-shots-fired-in-road-rage-incident-in-greenacre/story-e6freuzi-1226175835691>

Haz.

Youth gang attack Caltex service station.

They begin their criminal careers early Down Under. Average age, 14. Haz.

Youth gang attack on Hamilton servo.
BY MATTHEW KELLY
26 Oct, 2011 04:00 AM
THEY are no more than 14, have no fear or shame and apparently have little concern about being identified.
In a brazen youth gang attack, five boys ransacked and vandalised the Caltex service station at Hamilton yesterday in front of terrified staff and customers. The youths entered the service station at 3.41pm.

Three of the group walked about stuffing shop items, including chips, condoms and deodorant, up their jumpers.

‘‘One of them looked like he had a knife in his pocket,’’ site manager Aliza Bolsius said.

Read More: <http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/crime-and-law/youth-gang-attack-on-hamilton-servo/2335579.aspx>

Haz.

Home invasion by four men, wielding a firearm, stun gun and a crowbar.

The firearms ban is a totlal failure. Even though we ram it home daily the politicians refuse to admit it? Many want stricter gun laws. Haz.
*************************************************************************************************

Family tied up as man zapped with stun gun in Sydney home invasion
ALICIA WOOD
26 Oct, 2011 06:58 AM

A man was zapped with a stun gun and tied up along with his wife and daughter in a "random" home invasion in Sydney's south west.

Four men, wielding a firearm, stun gun and a crowbar, broke into a house in Cabramatta about 8:40pm yesterday, police said..

Read More: <http://www.theherald.com.au/news/national/national/general/family-tied-up-as-man-zapped-with-stun-gun-in-sydney-home-invasion/2335950.aspx>

Haz.

This is why we need our guns back. A cruel grandmother murder by teenagers.

"Michael Woods, for one of the youths, said his client was a good candidate for bail with no criminal history."

I sometimes dont believe what I am reading. Since the gun ban its mayhem down under, on a daily basis. Haz.

Teens 'cut throat' in cruel grandmother murder.
by: By Sean Fewster
October 25, 2011 3:26PM
Teens cut power, then murdered grandmother - court told
Two 17-year-olds denied bail over seriousness of allegations.

TWO youths murdered grandmother Anne Redman by holding her down and cutting her throat with a blunt knife, a court has heard.

The youths, both 17, from the southern suburbs, applied for bail in the Youth Court this morning.

Read more: <http://www.news.com.au/national/youths-cut-elderly-womans-throat-youth-court-hears/story-e6frfkvr-1226176380133>

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I sometimes dont believe what I am reading. Since the gun ban its mayhem down under, on a daily basis. Haz.

Teens 'cut throat' in cruel grandmother murder.
by: By Sean Fewster
October 25, 2011 3:26PM
Teens cut power, then murdered grandmother - court told
Two 17-year-olds denied bail over seriousness of allegations.

TWO youths murdered grandmother Anne Redman by holding her down and cutting her throat with a blunt knife, a court has heard.

The youths, both 17, from the southern suburbs, applied for bail in the Youth Court this morning.

Read more: <http://www.news.com.au/national/youths-cut-elderly-womans-throat-youth-court-hears/story-e6frfkvr-1226176380133>

If that was my grandmother those boys should beg not to make bail!!! Why should we respect their lives when they show no respect for innocent lives?

Haz.

If that was my grandmother those boys should beg not to make bail!!! Why should we respect their lives when they show no respect for innocent lives?

Mate, I'm with you on that. Its become hell on earth here since the firearms ban. People lock themselves in their homes at night afraid to go anywhere anymore because of the violence. Home invasions, which were unheard of are the norm these days.

"O'h look guys, theses an old granny, lets kill her and steal her lousy pension." Crazy stuff! Who raised these demon possesed kids?

Haz.

Virmin, lower than pond scum, attack and rod 87 year old woman.

This is the type of vermin that have surfaced since the gun ban down under. Attacking and robbing 87 year old women? Haz.
***********************************************************************************

"The Essendon woman said she saw a man who stared intently at her and appeared to be tying his shoelaces minutes earlier.

Mrs Smith continued on and initially did not look back because she was frightened.

"I turned around and there was no sign of him," Mrs Smith said.

"All of a sudden I felt him in my back and kick my leg, my right leg, and I hung on very tightly to the handles of my wheeler. I had my hand over my handbag and he grabbed that and ran off and I screamed."

AN elderly robbery victim says she is not deterred from walking the same route - despite insisting she can still see her callous attacker's face.

Grandmother Patricia Grace Smith, 87, was kicked to the back of the knee and toppled over her walking frame as she walked to the doctor along Carrington Rd, Niddrie, last Friday.

The attacker stole her handbag with a credit card and new glasses and ran off towards Hoffmans Rd about 11.20am.

Read More: <http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/victim-87-is-shaken-but-defiant/story-fn7x8me2-1226178802208>

Haz.

Thugs bash 87 year-old pensioner Geoffrey Wyatt in home invasion.

Nothing has improved down under. Armed self defence is still illegal and people are still being bashed and robbed. This is all police can do

"Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward."

Haz.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/thu...id/story-e6frfkvr-1226186748249#ixzz1csIfGFJs Haz.
A FRAIL 87-year-old pensioner has tearfully told of his night of terror when three masked intruders bashed him at his Gerringong home.

The cowardly thugs pinned former Qantas engineer Geoffrey Wyatt to his bed before ransacking his house and stealing his wallet late on Friday.

Left battered and shaken by the attack, Mr Wyatt said he feared for his life.

Read More: <http://www.news.com.au/national/thugs-bash-87-year-old-pensioner-in-home-raid/story-e6frfkvr-1226186748249>

Haz.

Man Gets Bond after threat to cut officer's wife's throat,and urinating in dock.

Bond after threat to cut officer's wife's throat, urinating in dock
STEPHEN RYAN
23 Nov, 2011 04:00 AM
A MAN who threatened to track down a Newcastle police officer’s wife and daughter and ‘‘cut their throats’’ avoided a jail sentence yesterday after a magistrate said the officer would have had genuine fears given the offender’s violent past.
Kelvin John Rees, 46, was arrested on August 30 after he sent a number of threatening text messages to his former partner and threatened to burn her house down, a statement of facts said.

Police later arrested Rees when he tried to flee over the back fence of his Metcalfe Street, Wallsend, home.

He was sitting in the dock of Waratah police station when he told an officer: ‘‘When I get out of here I’m gonna f---ing kill you and your family. For $50 I’ll get you shot in the head. I’ll have you shot next month c---. I know your face now. When I get out [my former partner] is f---ed. I’m gonna follow you and your family one day. Wait till I get hold of your daughter and missus. I’ll cut their throats.’’

He later stood up in the dock and urinated on the floor.

Rees pleaded guilty in Newcastle Local Court to stalking and intimidation, intimidating a police officer and damaging property.

Magistrate Mark Buscombe said it was ‘‘hard to imagine a more threatening threat’’.

As well as several convictions for drink-driving, Rees had numerous convictions for assault and breaching apprehended violence orders including several jail terms.

Mr Buscombe put Rees on an 18-month good behaviour bond and an intensive corrections order for one year.

Read More;

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...s-wifes-throat-urinating-in-dock/2367066.aspx

45acpForMe

...put Rees on an 18-month good behaviour bond and an intensive corrections order for one year.

Normally I would say what are they thinking letting this guy out but then I thought good that the police officer gets the same non-justice that everyone else is getting.

I wonder if his missus has a gun to use to defend herself unlike most of the public?

What is it going to take to shake people awake? I think the answer is a total breakdown of society where law of the jungle rules and at that point the animals better watch out! You don't rehabilitate a rabid animal, you put it down.

Haz.

Killer with drug-fuelled violence history should not have been free to kill.

Killer with drug-fuelled violence history should not have been free to kill - dad

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/kil...d/story-e6frfkvr-1226203715597#ixzz1eVFarKP2A PAROLEE with a history of drug-affected violence brutally murdered a young woman on a blind date - leaving her with horrific injuries - before setting fire to a hotel room where her body lay and driving into two people as he fled the scene, a court has heard.

David Patrick Clifford, 30, was given a four-month jail sentence in December 15, 2009 but was on the streets 47 days later when he bashed, stabbed, and strangled to death Elsa Janet Corp on February 1, 2010, the Supreme Court heard today.

"The murderer was on parole and on bail for other offences ... he should not have been at liberty on the first of February, 2010 ... our daughter should be with us today,'' father Andrew Corp told the court in his victim impact statement.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/kil...ad/story-e6frfkvr-1226203715597#ixzz1eVFMnbQ3

Haz.

Man, 82, bashed and robbed on his way home from Carrum Railway Station in Melbourne

The criminal scum Down Under know full well the majority of Law abiding citizens have been disarmed, thats why these cowards regurlarly attack the elderly. Whey, because they know the elderly are unarmed, and still the cowardly scum bag criminals know they will most likley not meet much risestance, especially if the victim is ove 80 years of age!
Haz.

Man, 82, bashed and robbed on his way home from Carrum Railway Station in Melbourne
November 27, 2011 10:44AM
AN 82-year-pld man has been brutally bashed and robbed while walking home from a Melbourne train station.

The man was attacked while walking along McLeod Road about 9.30pm (AEST) on Tuesday after leaving the Carrum Railway Station in southeast Melbourne.
As he walked past a block of flats, he was struck on the back of his head and fell to the ground, police said.
After the victim stood up, a male offender demanded the victim's wallet before hitting him in the left side of his face, fracturing the victim's left cheekbone.

Read More: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ion-in-melbourne/story-e6frfku0-1226207228580

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ne/story-e6frfku0-1226207228580#ixzz1esWyGp8I

Haz.

Shoot-out-with-police. On the run since 2005.

NEW South Wales' most wanted man - accused double murderer Malcolm Naden - has slipped away from scores of heavily armed and camouflaged police as poor weather hampered a massive manhunt in bush near Tamworth.

Thermal imaging and infrared technology on board a police helicopter was used to track the fugitive to his bush hideout near Nowendoc.

But Naden was able to elude capture yet again as the weather closed in.

Police last night said darkness and clear weather was their best friend in the hunt for Naden, 37, due to new equipment on the recently updated Polair chopper, which includes a forward looking infra red scanning system. But the chopper will remain grounded until the weather improves, giving Naden time to move.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sho...ve/story-e6frfkvr-1226217750688#ixzz1fyhXUV1j

http://www.news.com.au/national/sho...t-be-taken-alive/story-e6frfkvr-1226217750688

Haz.

15 people in mass brawl on streets of Geebung

Things have not improved since the gun ban, buy back and armed self defence made illegal, in fact things are getting worse by the day. Haz.

15 people in mass brawl on streets of Geebung.

by: Rikki-Lee Arnold From: The Courier-Mail December 10, 2011 6:58AM EMERGENCY services were kept busy overnight thanks to a spate of drunken assaults across Brisbane, including a 15-person brawl in Geebung.

A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said there were numerous assaults across the city on Friday night, with the two most serious occurring before midnight.

Police and paramedics were called to a massive fight on High St in Geebung at around 11.11pm.Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...reets-of-geebung/story-e6freoof-1226218738333

Haz.

Diners duck for cover during gunfight in cafe.

This only proves beyond doubt that the Howard Governments five hundred million dollar firearms ban and buy back is a complete failure. Police are hamstrung being forced to waste time money and resorses carrying out safe keeping checks on law Abiding Sporting shooters while criminals, who have never complied with any of the introduced firearms laws, bans and amnesties blatently continue to endanger dissarmed and vulnerable citizens.

Diners duck for cover during gunfight in cafe
by: By Adam Hegarty and Derek Pedley
December 19, 2011 12:57AM
Man wearing balaclava shoots at cafe diners
Someone inside the restaurants shoots back
Gunman wounded, but still on the loose.

WITNESSES of a shooting at North Adelaide have described the incident as a gunfight and say a second weapon was drawn and fired, wounding one man in a leg.

People who were inside Cafe Paesano, where the shooting took place, say a man wearing a black hoodie entered the restaurant and fired shots at a table where three men were seated about 9.45pm.

As diners dived for cover, a person in the restaurant reportedly fired a shot at the gunman, wounding him in the leg before he fled.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sho...de/story-e6frfkvr-1226225336301#ixzz1gvM5Infn

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sho...de/story-e6frfkvr-1226225336301#ixzz1gvL4kG34