• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Younger Generation

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Kinda like OC.

You have one guy that open carries and is a complete moron with the officer. But you want the police officer to play nice with you and you get upset because he thinks you will also be a jerk like the last gun toter.
Could you give me an example of being a "Jerk", 229.

To be honest, I haven't ever seen an OC'er who ran up to the nearest cop and said "Your ugly and your Captain dresses you funny".

Well, there was the example of an OCer by the name of danbus whocomes to mind.

Heheckled some officers who were investigating some incident in Suffolk about a year and half ago.

Danbus actedpretty smugly, taunting the officers after they started to arrest him by saying that it was "lawsuit time." And when they were taking his gun from him he said it was good and "more money for me."

Further, he ribbed one of the officers for not knowing the relevant code by saying "I'm not mad at you."

Danbus was a wisecracker, for sure, in that incident.

peter nap wrote:
It's almost always the Officer that initiates the contact. Let me see some ID or why do you have a gun.

In the Suffolk case, our OCer, Danbus initiated the contact. The officers didn't even know who he was until he approached them OCing while they were working on some investigation that did not involve him in any way. In fact, they asked him why he was carrying and asked him for ID. Of course, Danbus refused to show ID when he was asked to do so.

peter nap wrote:

Is it being a "Jerk" to treat the Officer, who is demanding something he has no legal means of enforcing, like any other busybody?
Is it being a "Jerk" to walk up to two officers working and demand to know "What's going on?"

peter nap wrote:

Who invaded who's space?

Well, nobody owned the Suffolk space that Danbus walked into, but he sure was sticking his nose in a place it didn't belong. And he seemed to enjoy jawing at the coppers. He paid for it too, in court.

Z'at a good enough example for you, Peter?

By the way, in the thread about that Suffolk case, someone said:

"Danbus does need to learn to keep his mouth shut. After the cuffs are on, nothing he says is going to matter.In this case, he will be using the recording as evidence so the judge and or jury, will hear the more money remark."

Guess who said that, Peter? Hey, it was you. :(

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/5701-6.html

wylde007

imported post

They demanded ID and he had every right to refuse because they had none to request it.

If the scene of investigation was marked he may have been out of order. Otherwise they could have asked him to stand back or tell him that they were too busy doing their jobs to entertain his questions.

They chose to be jerks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

HankT wrote:
peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Kinda like OC.

You have one guy that open carries and is a complete moron with the officer. But you want the police officer to play nice with you and you get upset because he thinks you will also be a jerk like the last gun toter.
Could you give me an example of being a "Jerk", 229.

To be honest, I haven't ever seen an OC'er who ran up to the nearest cop and said "Your ugly and your Captain dresses you funny".

Well, there was the example of an OCer by the name of danbus whocomes to mind.

Heheckled some officers who were investigating some incident in Suffolk about a year and half ago.

Danbus actedpretty smugly, taunting the officers after they started to arrest him by saying that it was "lawsuit time." And when they were taking his gun from him he said it was good and "more money for me."

Further, he ribbed one of the officers for not knowing the relevant code by saying "I'm not mad at you."

Danbus was a wisecracker, for sure, in that incident.

peter nap wrote:
It's almost always the Officer that initiates the contact. Let me see some ID or why do you have a gun.

In the Suffolk case, our OCer, Danbus initiated the contact. The officers didn't even know who he was until he approached them OCing while they were working on some investigation that did not involve him in any way. In fact, they asked him why he was carrying and asked him for ID. Of course, Danbus refused to show ID when he was asked to do so.

peter nap wrote:

Is it being a "Jerk" to treat the Officer, who is demanding something he has no legal means of enforcing, like any other busybody?
Is it being a "Jerk" to walk up to two officers working and demand to know "What's going on?"

peter nap wrote:

Who invaded who's space?

Well, nobody owned the Suffolk space that Danbus walked into, but he sure was sticking his nose in a place it didn't belong. And he seemed to enjoy jawing at the coppers. He paid for it too, in court.

Z'at a good enough example for you, Peter?

By the way, in the thread about that Suffolk case, someone said:

"Danbus does need to learn to keep his mouth shut. After the cuffs are on, nothing he says is going to matter.In this case, he will be using the recording as evidence so the judge and or jury, will hear the more money remark."

Guess who said that, Peter? Hey, it was you. :(

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/5701-6.html
Hank, I know what I said and after I said it, I let it sit. Dan exercised very poor judgment IMHO.. but I wouldn't call it being a jerk.
If you remember from the recording, the officer was a jerk. So we had poor judgment and a jerk...J&J.

His exploits cost him whatever chance he had in LE not to mention considerable personal humiliation.

Now...we know what ultimately happened to Dan, however, the example I used about the Fairfax Officers is still unknown as to the discipline they received. 229 knows at least the rumor if not fact...but he isn't talking. Policy you know.

So we have two examples Judgment and jerk and the three stooges. Where does that leave us regarding AGE?

All American Nightmare

imported post

When is the last timea LEO was surrounded by ten cops and thrown aganist the wall for complying with aofficers commands,or called stupid for carrying a firearm ? Better yet ever been threatend to be arrested because a cop saw you with a gun just walking down the street ?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

xdm guy wrote:
... with a gun just walking down the street ?

111WalkingGun-1991-LaurieSimmons.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

:X
This thread has seriously degenerated from the original hypothesis and in a disturbing manner.

Those that select to post in large, bold font are shouting and screaming as we are cautioned to not do by posting in all caps. It has been my experience that people with weak or faulty arguments frequently employ such tactics in attempt to over power their opposite member. Ad hominem attacks fall in a similar, unnecessary category. Are not we better than that? We should be.

I say this not withstanding any personal history that a poster may have. Unless a fellow participant was individually responsible for your discomfort/injury, they deserve better. At the very least, civil discussion will not leave you looking like the antagonist.

Lastly in what should be the primary point, this is a public forum and what you say and how you say it, reflects on all of us at OCDO.

Some are displaying more emotion than fact. With friends like that, we can do with considerably less from our enemies.

You may be seated and start your homework.

Yata hey

Sheriff

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
:X
This thread has seriously degenerated from the original hypothesis and in a disturbing manner.

Happens EVERY time a certain person enters a thread. Usually goes on for 6, 7, 8 or more pages, until finally locked.

I think the "cops can do no wrong" attitude is the cause of it. :banghead:

TexasNative

imported post

I'm certain that the "cops are all out to bust you no matter what, they'll all lie, cheat, steal and perform all other kinds of mayhem to prove that they're all-powerful" attitude that we've seen in these threads has nothing to do with it, Sheriff. No, nothing at all to do with it.

~ Boyd

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
I'm certain that the "cops are all out to bust you no matter what, they'll all lie, cheat, steal and perform all other kinds of mayhem to prove that they're all-powerful" attitude that we've seen in these threads has nothing to do with it, Sheriff. No, nothing at all to do with it.

~ Boyd
The issue most certainly comes from both sides, but the anti-cop attitude some bring to this forum is a tad ridiculous.