• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Younger Generation

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote: Do you now believe that from that incident that the other 899,999 cops are bad?

Or do you give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise?
Not necessarily bad,,,

Lazy, some
egocentric, most
bullies, most
scheming, all
deceiving, all
spiteful, most
vengeful, most

but certainly not bad...just a little misunderstood.
Didn't you just describe the public at large?

And what pool of people do we hire cops from?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Ok here is the list:
There was no jail, judge, or jury involved.

Trust me... there are employees I have never met therefore.. I have never "worked" with them.If you think about opposing shifts... I have never "seen" them.

But we CAN all get along.... but only in a perfect world. :p

This world is far from perfect. And even if it was.. some people would not be happy.

I have known people who saw everything go right but still bitched about it anyway on how it could have been better.Some people like to bitch just to do it. :lol:
A magistrate is a judge and your ladies dragged a man who was peacefully and lawfully going about his business, in handcuffs, under arrest, before a JUDGE, only to find they didn't know hog jowls from horseshit.

The world ain't perfect and your folks are the ones drawing the line in the sand.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote: D
Didn't you just describe the public at large?

And what pool of people do we hire cops from?
Actually, it doesn't describe the general public but that is a good example of an egocentric
attitude.

What pool do you hire from......Hall Monitors, the kid who gets a jock tied on his head during Phys Ed, washed out MP's....
Not normal people.

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
A magistrate is a judge and your ladies dragged a man who was peacefully and lawfully going about his business, in handcuffs, under arrest, before a JUDGE, only to find they didn't know hog jowls from horse@#$%.

The world ain't perfect and your folks are the ones drawing the line in the sand.

No.. a Magistrate likes to THINK he is a judge... but he is not.

A judge has a law degree.... I do not know any magistrates that do.

Are you now embellishing by using the term "dragged" or is this what the guy reported?

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Actually, it doesn't describe the general public but that is a good example of an egocentric attitude.

What pool do you hire from......Hall Monitors, the kid who gets a jock tied on his head during Phys Ed, washed out MP's....
Not normal people.

OK, now you are kidding yourself. :lol:

There are a great many people in the population that have the very traits you claim exist only in law enforcement. Look at this forum!

The pool of candidates come from a great many locations. Military, college, and high school graduates from all walks of life.

How you have concluded they are "hall monitors", washed out military police,nerds, and abnormall people is beyond me. :?

But clearly... either you are just yanking my chain or you are a complete ass to think that way.

Many police officers are formermilitary who were neverMP's.

So I guess they joined the military first to get some pay back on those bullies, huh? :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
peter nap wrote:

But clearly... either you are just yanking my chain or you are a complete ass to think that way.
A little of both, but isn't it fun:lol:

hunter45

imported post

peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote:  Do you now believe that from that incident that the other 899,999 cops are bad?

Not necessarily bad,,,

Lazy, some
egocentric, most
bullies, most
scheming, all
deceiving, all
spiteful, most
vengeful, most

I plan on becoming a police officer after I finish college and I am not lazy, not egocentric, not a bully, not scheming, not deceiving, not spiteful, and not vengeful. I also know plenty of cops, but none of them are as you described them to be.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote: Do you now believe that from that incident that the other 899,999 cops are bad?

Not necessarily bad,,,

Lazy, some
egocentric, most
bullies, most
scheming, all
deceiving, all
spiteful, most
vengeful, most

I plan on becoming a police officer after I finish college and I am not lazy, not egocentric, not a bully, not scheming, not deceiving, not spiteful, and not vengeful. I also know plenty of cops, but none of them are as you described them to be.
Don't start taking things too seriously Hunter. Leo 229 and I are having a whizzing match:lol:

BTW, If you become a cop, you'll have much worse things said to you...and by people who mean it. Take it to heart and you won't last long.
I should have added to the list, Easily baited:celebrate

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gutshot wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote:
I am a rational man with common sense. People here need to use a little common sense too.

Can't we all just get along??!!
:cool:

That's exactly what I said...................when he hit me with the flashlight.

I said the same thing when a citizen kicked me and spit at me.

I guess @#$% happens on both ends.

It is not a perfect world. We can only hope people will act accordingly.

Do you now believe that from that incident that the other 899,999 cops are bad?

This is a great response. I accuse police of misconduct and you reply with... you guys do it too. You equate the actions of the worse of the general population with those of the police. That's quite an indictment. I agree the conduct of the police often resembles the conduct of the lowest class people. The difference is the dregs of the general population did not swear an oath to defend the constitution and "serve and protect". You and yours did. Your conduct isn't supposed to be above average, it's supposed to be above reproach. If you and those like you find it difficult or impossible to live up to that standard you need to change professions. If you think it unrealistic of me to expect that you live up to that standard you need professional help.
Why do people keep lumping all officers in with the few bad ones?

People expect all officers to be infallible perfectionists, as if they aren't human.

An officer can do a million things right, but it only takes one mis-step or mistake and the world lashes out against the entire profession.

They're human, and as such they are going to be mistaken sometimes. They are going to screw up sometimes. Sometimes they won't do enough. Other times they'll go to far.

That's reality, that's how it works. The best anyone can do is to make sure the right systems are put in place to deal with such mistakes or at least to curb them as much as possible. All you can do is make sure the right officers are hired, make sure the best training is given and hold officers accountable for their actions.

LEO 229

imported post

gutshot wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
gutshot wrote:
I am a rational man with common sense. People here need to use a little common sense too.

Can't we all just get along??!!
:cool:

That's exactly what I said...................when he hit me with the flashlight.

I said the same thing when a citizen kicked me and spit at me.

I guess @#$% happens on both ends.

It is not a perfect world. We can only hope people will act accordingly.

Do you now believe that from that incident that the other 899,999 cops are bad?

This is a great response. I accuse police of misconduct and you reply with... you guys do it too. You equate the actions of the worse of the general population with those of the police. That's quite an indictment. I agree the conduct of the police often resembles the conduct of the lowest class people. The difference is the dregs of the general population did not swear an oath to defend the constitution and "serve and protect". You and yours did. Your conduct isn't supposed to be above average, it's supposed to be above reproach. If you and those like you find it difficult or impossible to live up to that standard you need to change professions. If you think it unrealistic of me to expect that you live up to that standard you need professional help.

You do realise that I am talking about how the police are attacked so it is not "one sided". I am not condoning anything. Only pointing out that the people attack the police and on an even greater scale.

You make it sound like the people are all good and play nice. When in reality they don't.

LEO 229

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:

People expect all officers to be infallible perfectionists, as if they aren't human.

An officer can do a million things right, but it only takes one mis-step or mistake and the world lashes out against the entire profession.

They're human, and as such they are going to be mistaken sometimes. They are going to screw up sometimes. Sometimes they won't do enough. Other times they'll go to far.

That's reality, that's how it works. The best anyone can do is to make sure the right systems are put in place to deal with such mistakes or at least to curb them as much as possible. All you can do is make sure the right officers are hired, make sure the best training is given and hold officers accountable for their actions.

It is easier to mistrust EVERYONE of a group. That way you do not have to take a chance.It isa form ofdiscrimination. Hating a group of people based on something they have in common due to theexperience you had with one.

Kinda like OC.

You have one guy that open carries and is a complete moron with the officer. But you want the police officer to play nice with you and you get upset because he thinks you will also be a jerk like the last gun toter.

I guess if comes down to maturity, understanding, common sense. Some people here simply do not have it. Some people are just angry and want to hate. :lol:

Next, you will hear about how sick they are of all the wrong doings and violations of rights. As this will somehow justify hating all police. :uhoh:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

It is easier to mistrust EVERYONE of a group. That way you do not have to take a chance.It isa form ofdiscrimination. Hating a group of people based on something they have in common due to theexperience you had with one.

Kinda like OC.

You have one guy that open carries and is a complete moron with the officer. But you want the police officer to play nice with you and you get upset because he thinks you will also be a jerk like the last gun toter.

Exactly.

That's why cases such as the OCer whomindlesslyinterjected himself into police business in Suffolk....and the recent case of the OCer who shot and killed a man in a drug buy situation in Louisiana are so damaging to the cause of open carry.

It's hard enough to diffuse the innovation of OC (or gun carry in general) across this country without having LWAGs dragging the process downbecause of their cluelessness and selfish immaturity.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

HankT wrote:
LEO 229 wrote: Exactly.

That's why cases such as the OCer whomindlesslyinterjected himself into police business in Suffolk....and the recent case of the OCer who shot and killed a man in a drug buy situation in Louisiana are so damaging to the cause of open carry.

It's hard enough to diffuse the innovation of OC (or gun carry in general) across this country without having LWAGs dragging the process downbecause of their cluelessness and selfish immaturity.
Give it a rest Hank. That's old news...Go to the Joisy site and fuss about Gaabage or Sewa Rats or something!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Dispatcher wrote: Kinda like OC.

Could you give me an example of being a "Jerk", 229.

To be honest, I haven't ever seen an OC'er who ran up to the nearest cop and said "Your ugly and your Captain dresses you funny".

It's almost always the Officer that initiates the contact. Let me see some ID or why do you have a gun.

Is it being a "Jerk" to treat the Officer, who is demanding something he has no legal means of enforcing, like any other busybody?

Who invaded who's space?

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
No dayum wonder the magistrates up there are simply a rubber stamp.

Several of our local magistrates hold law degrees.

(And before you go off as usual, the term "rubber stamp" is not mine. It was used by a city attorney who was descibing a magistrate that should never have issued a warrant they got sued over. Little did the magistrate know she was actually issuing the so called "suspect" a rather large chunk of change! :lol: )

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
No dayum wonder the magistrates up there are simply a rubber stamp.

Several of our local magistrates hold law degrees.

(And before you go off as usual, the term "rubber stamp" is not mine. It was used by a city attorney who was descibing a magistrate that should never have issued a warrant they got sued over. Little did the magistrate know she was actually issuing the so called "suspect" a rather large chunk of change! :lol: )
An inferior court judge does not require a law degree 229. Only a judge in a court of record. Granted, every General District Court Judge I know doers have a JD, they don't have to have one.

How is it you think you get search warrants from Magistrates, if they aren't judges?

essayons

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:

You are absolutely correct, we shouldn't lump all of the good LEOs in with the relatively few bad ones. Unfortunately many of the "good" LEOs tend to form a "blue wall" around the bad ones to try to protect the profession.

Even though I see multiple examples of gross police misconduct daily in this country, no LEO will ever admit to knowing or working with these "few bad apples." That is what I find hard to believe.

The other critical thing is that LEOs have more power over the average citizen than anyone else in society, so they must be held to a higher standard. Even one bad officer who abuses a citizens rights is unacceptable. The principle of "good faith" is stretched to protect way too many LEOs whose duty it is to know better.

TexasNative

imported post

I just want to state for the record, Gutshot, that you're spouting crap that you and your fellow travelers make up. Sure, that stuff happens, but you characterize it as widespread and condoned by virtually all LEOs. You can't substantiate that, mostly because it ain't true.

You can't prove you're right, and I can't prove you're wrong, so I'm not going to argue about it with you. But I can't just let you make such wild claims without calling you on it.

I am definitely not calling you a liar, because I have no doubt that you believe this nonsense is true. I just believe you're deluded.

And besides, we're not here for cop bashing. Let's stick to the subject at hand.

~ Boyd

wylde007

imported post

Please, for the love of God, stop posting.

I'm no fan of law enforcement, but it doesn't give me license to act like a ying and go a-bashing.

I reserve my ire for other subjects and take my licks there.