• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Younger Generation

LEO 229

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Now I can't tell if you're serious or just seriously deranged.
Depends on who you ask on this board.

If you read one more above mine you will someone taking a moment to postsomething that has nothing to do with the younger generation. Itwas simply an opportunistic moment todo nothing but point out how cops are bad.

He now implies that he would like to see the next chief disarm the officers and take away their carsunder the guise that it would make the streets safer.

So read it again and see if it is meant to be serious.. of poke fun at theprior poster's logic. :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

Reno229, as usual, you can't read between the lines.

If an "off duty" civilian with a CHP in Virginia has a crash, injures other people, and has a firearm upon their person while this takes place.... his CHP will be revoked. Period. End of story.

If an "off duty" police chief in a city owned vehicle crashes into and injures other people while in possession of a firearm, their are no consequences to his ability to continue carrying a firearm.

And don't even waste your time asserting that we don't know the "off duty" police chief had a firearm with him or not. :lol:

This is the double standard that citizens are getting sick and tired of.

nova

imported post

63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

mmmmm......

TexasNative

imported post

It's amazing the lengths some folks will go to in order to have an argument.

I wonder if the fact that they're both cops has anything to do with it.

*ducks and runs for cover*

~ Boyd

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Reno229, as usual, you can't read between the lines.

If an "off duty" civilian with a CHP in Virginia has a crash, injures other people, and has a firearm upon their person while this takes place.... his CHP will be revoked. Period. End of story.

If an "off duty" police chief in a city owned vehicle crashes into and injures other people while in possession of a firearm, their are no consequences to his ability to continue carrying a firearm.

And don't even waste your time asserting that we don't know the "off duty" police chief had a firearm with him or not. :lol:

This is the double standard that citizens are getting sick and tired of.
Pointless drivel....

The DUI hasnothing to do with the younger generationdiscussion here. Now you are trying to side step to use CC permits andaccidents. Unreal!!

Take your cop hatingattitudeback to Officer.com. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
It's amazing the lengths some folks will go to in order to have an argument.

I wonder if the fact that they're both cops has anything to do with it.

*ducks and runs for cover*

~ Boyd
No... one is no longera cop. :lol:

TexasNative

imported post

Shut up and put on some socks. And pull down the sleeves on your jacket. You just look silly.

~ Boyd

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Take your cop hatingattitudeback to Officer.com. :lol:

Have any real cops joined that site lately? :question:

Me? Hate cops? No way!If we could have foreseen the chief getting drunk and crashing into a young girl, I would have gone up to Alexandria and been his designated driver for the evening. I would have done the same thing for the Virginia Beach cop on the specialized DUI Enforcement Team who just crashed while DUI himself as well.

LEO 229

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Shut up and put on some socks. And pull down the sleeves on your jacket. You just look silly.

~ Boyd
Naw... I cantake this old man....

Good sleeper hold and in about 7 seconds... Zzzzzz :lol:

Infidel

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I am speaking from 14 years of military service and as an NCO.

If you think everyone in the military is responsible.. your freaking nuts!
Leo ,

Where you a FOBIT? You know they are just so rare! :p

I have 19 years in, and I always had my Beretta M-9 and my Colt M-4 locked and loaded everytime I flew over the berm. I even had pilots with the "standing" order shot first, questions later. Being Medivac all we had was our issued small arms. We, by Geniva Conventions could not have any thing more. We didn't even havegun ships protecting us! As I said I have 19 years in, but I flew with guys much younger and junior to myself, and I trusted their judgement and abilities fully; with the exception of one winey pilot!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Oh, shut up, you citizen-intimidating, rights-stealing, corruption-hiding jack-booted thug!

~ Boyd
I just love it when one of our own provides material for the opposition - dissension in the ranks, unnecessary personal attacks and LEO bashing too.

Suggestion: do the slandering by PM. Keep the publicly viewed forum above board and on topic.

IMO - this thread has strayed too far already.

Where are those that can listen and try to understand more than one point of view without castigating the other poster?

That too is a personal opinion - don't make it more. :X

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Several points:
LEOcouldn't be farther from the truth. Coast Guard Recruits only haveone week at the range and only learn the "basic" courses of fire. Like the other services, you can join at age 17. If an individual went to boot camp at age 17 and then to a Small Boat Station that does a lot of LE Boardings, he (or she) could possibly be fully qualified to carry a pistol, rifle or shotgun on a boarding before turning 18 and could even be a qualified Boarding Officer (BO) and Small Boat Coxswain by the time they turned 20.

Where else could someone ineligible to buy a pistol from an FFL-dealer be responsible for ahalf-million dollar boat and a crew of 3 others while also being the senior member of the Boarding Team? Granted, Ive never met a BO that young, but I have met some Coxswains that age and they definitely had their "stuff" together.

For those interested in comparing the qualifcations of "Coasties" that carry weapons and other LEO's, here's a link to the CG's Personal Qualification Standards (PQS) for Boarding Officers and Boarding Team Members: http://www.uscg.mil/directives/cim/16000-16999/CIM_16247_3B.pdf

This PQS is over 10 years old and has very likelychanged as a result of 9/11 and the change from DOT to DHS as well as getting rid of theBeretta M9 and addition of theSig P229 DAK. This will give you a general idea of what they were doing in 1997 anyway...

I don't claim to know anything about land-locked LEO's qualifications or much about the other services. I know Marines spend a week just "snapping in" with a rifle before they even see a live round of ammunition. As far as I know, the Navy and Air Force don't have much small arms experience unless they're "high speed" guys like Special Warfare or security forces. I know Air Force security forces even have female "snipers" or designated marksmen.

The Army is so big, they can afford to send someone to school to learn how to fix electronics and then have them driving a truck or peeling potatoes due to "needs of the service". Is that what happend to you, LEO229? is that why you're so down on "kids" in the military? Maybe you went to MP school and then had the pleasure of stirring soup in the mess tent with your unloaded M16, 200miles away from the front lines...

Don't paint the other services with such a broad brush. Coast Guard LEO's might possibly have more training than their land-bound counterparts. I don't know for sure and darn sure don't claim to know. I DO know that a Coast Guard LEO has more authority as granted by Congress than any other LEO in the nation. Check out 14 USC 89 http://www2.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode14/usc_sec_14_00000089----000-.html
if you think I'm wrong...;)

A19 year oldE-4 Coast Guard LEO has that authority listed above. Scary, isn't it?:what:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Several points havebecome rather obviousaboutLEO's military career:

1. He was NOT in the army very long. Two years, four years at the most before he quit.
2. He was an REMF during Desert Storm.
3. He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawerat the time and still isn't...

His very limited experience left him with "sour grapes". Since he wasn't in a combat outfit, not allowed to have ammunition and not trusted, he makes the blanket statement that everyone his age in the otherfour armed services are treated the same way he was and have the same experiences.

He couldn't be farther from the truth. Coast Guard Recruits only haveone week at the range and only learn the "basic" courses of fire. Like the other services, you can join at age 17. If an individual went to boot camp at age 17 and then to a Small Boat Station that does a lot of LE Boardings, he (or she) could possibly be fully qualified to carry a pistol, rifle or shotgun on a boarding before turning 18 and could even be a qualified Boarding Officer (BO) and Small Boat Coxswain by the time they turned 20.

Where else could someone ineligible to buy a pistol from an FFL-dealer be responsible for ahalf-million dollar boat and a crew of 3 others while also being the senior member of the Boarding Team? Granted, Ive never met a BO that young, but I have met some Coxswains that age and they definitely had their "stuff" together.

For those interested in comparing the qualifcations of "Coasties" that carry weapons and other LEO's, here's a link to the CG's Personal Qualification Standards (PQS) for Boarding Officers and Boarding Team Members: http://www.uscg.mil/directives/cim/16000-16999/CIM_16247_3B.pdf

This PQS is over 10 years old and has very likelychanged as a result of 9/11 and the change from DOT to DHS as well as getting rid of theBeretta M9 and addition of theSig P229 DAK. This will give you a general idea of what they were doing in 1997 anyway...

I don't claim to know anything about land-locked LEO's qualifications or much about the other services. I know Marines spend a week just "snapping in" with a rifle before they even see a live round of ammunition. As far as I know, the Navy and Air Force don't have much small arms experience unless they're "high speed" guys like Special Warfare or security forces. I know Air Force security forces even have female "snipers" or designated marksmen.

The Army is so big, they can afford to send someone to school to learn how to fix electronics and then have them driving a truck or peeling potatoes due to "needs of the service". Is that what happend to you, LEO229? is that why you're so down on "kids" in the military? Maybe you went to MP school and then had the pleasure of stirring soup in the mess tent with your unloaded M16, 200miles away from the front lines...

Don't paint the other services with such a broad brush. Coast Guard LEO's might possibly have more training than their land-bound counterparts. I don't know for sure and darn sure don't claim to know. I DO know that a Coast Guard LEO has more authority as granted by Congress than any other LEO in the nation. Check out 14 USC 89 http://www2.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode14/usc_sec_14_00000089----000-.html
if you think I'm wrong...;)

A19 year oldE-4 Coast Guard LEO has that authority listed above. Scary, isn't it?:what:

gauntlet.jpg

MSC 45ACP

imported post

There... Fixed.

I stand guilty of mud-slinging. Apologies to all concerned. I think the rest of my post is pretty close to the intent of the OP: Younger Generation and firearms.

LEO 229

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Several points havebecome rather obviousaboutLEO's military career:

1. He was NOT in the army very long. Two years, four years at the most before he quit.
2. He was an REMF during Desert Storm.
3. He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawerat the time and still isn't...

His very limited experience left him with "sour grapes". Since he wasn't in a combat outfit, not allowed to have ammunition and not trusted, he makes the blanket statement that everyone his age in the otherfour armed services are treated the same way he was and have the same experiences.

Snipped...
I love how people make assumptions based on knowing nothing. :lol:

I actually had a great time in the Army. I decided it was time to move on to career in law enforcement. My unit was actually 5 miles from the border and one company move forward to the Euphrates River.

But my assignments have nothing to do with my observations of the soldiers that I saw daily.

It makes no difference where they work. Many young adults do some stupid stuff. College kids included. So I am not going to give any additional credit of maturity tothe military based on the fact someone joined. They still need to prove they are mature.

TexasNative

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
TexasNative wrote:
Oh, shut up, you citizen-intimidating, rights-stealing, corruption-hiding jack-booted thug!

~ Boyd
I just love it when one of our own provides material for the opposition - dissension in the ranks, unnecessary personal attacks and LEO bashing too.

Suggestion: do the slandering by PM. Keep the publicly viewed forum above board and on topic.

Where are those that can listen and try to understand more than one point of view without castigating the other poster?

Yata hey
Please, GS. I throw this crap at LEO all the time as a satire on the true cop haters. And if you'll notice, his avatar is currently Don Johnson from his Miami Vice days. You remember him, doncha? He never wore socks, and wore his sport coats with the sleeves pulled up his arms. It looked really silly.

Edit: Oops. I didn't pay close enough attention to my own quote. But the point that I'm posting satire remains. And I still like making fun of LEO for his Detective Crockett avatar.

IOW, it's a freakin' joke. If you think it's slander, you haven't been paying attention. Step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

~ Boyd

LEO 229

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

~ Boyd

Yata hey
Please, GS. I throw this crap at LEO all the time as a satire on the true cop haters. And if you'll notice, his avatar is currently Don Johnson from his Miami Vice days. You remember him, doncha? He never wore socks, and wore his sport coats with the sleeves pulled up his arms. It looked really silly.

Edit: Oops. I didn't pay close enough attention to my own quote. But the point that I'm posting satire remains. And I still like making fun of LEO for his Detective Crockett avatar.

IOW, it's a freakin' joke. If you think it's slander, you haven't been paying attention. Step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

~ Boyd

He is correct.

We have met in person and I am aware he is yanking my chain in a friendly way. I am fully aware he does not hold any ill will toward me or the police. Unlike so many other members here. :lol: