• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ Admin Code

BROKENSPROKET

The scene from True Romance was brilliant. Linking it would violate TOS.

What is TOS?

Is this the one?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tqccyUpnZwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ETA: That didn't work. How do you embed a video?

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

In the control buttons on top of the window, immediately left of the "quote" button is a film strip button. Click on that and a window will open for you to insert the address of the clip.

Screenshot2011-09-19at11723AM-1.jpg

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

You got me. Do you have some sort of ad blocker activated in your browser?
You should have this. I can't find any way to active or hide these buttons on the site settings here.

Screenshot2011-09-19at20333AM.png

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

You got me. Do you have some sort of ad blocker activated in your browser?
You should have this. I can't find any way to active or hide these buttons on the site settings here.

I figured it out. Under General Settings.

Message Editor Interface.gif
I was on Basic.

Thanks. Oh, I can have fun now.

Last edited:

MKEgal

davegran said:
"I have it on good authority..."
Sorry I had to put it that way, but the person from whom I got the information doesn't want to be made publicly known. I'm not sure of all his reasons, but I respect that he has good ones.
I promise you all that he is "in on" the sausage-making happening at DOJ, & his information is good.
Or at least, accurate. Not "good" in the sense of "we're happy that DOJ is doing what the legislature intended".

He says the OP is who he claims to be,
and he says that what the OP is saying is indeed what DOJ is doing/planning.
So we have 2 independent, credible sources telling us that DOJ is going to impose restrictions on the issuance of a cc license that are not in Act 35,
and that making an administrative rule can set aside the provision of Act 35 that says they can't do that.

McX said:
and Zombies, we need more zombies!
Shameless plug: come to the zombie shoot next Sat. in Berlin.
(Leave the kid in charge of the shop for one day.)
Yes, it's quite a drive (90min from MKE), but pack a lunch & make a day of it.
The facility is _nice_. Membership is $5 for a YEAR. (Calendar year, but it's still cheap.)
Things are possible there that the staff at indoor ranges would anally excrete the proverbial brick about.
I've put a few hundred rounds into one of their berms already, including some shots that I originally thought were impossibly long & there's no way I'd hit the target.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

So we have 2 independent, credible sources telling us that DOJ is going to impose restrictions on the issuance of a cc license that are not in Act 35,
and that making an administrative rule can set aside the provision of Act 35 that says they can't do that.

Thank you Scott Walker.[video=youtube;qdFLPn30dvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ[/video]

Last edited:

oak1971

I'm getting sick of the conspiracy theory nonsense. Make your sources known or cease with the rumor mongering.

safcrkr

First of all... Neoinarien has been posting on another WI-specific firearm forum for years. He's the real deal.

Secondly... back on August 2nd, DOJ posted on it's website a FAQ section on the new CC law. In that section it said, at the very bottom of section "C" (training requirements), in bold, "IMPORTANT NOTE: DOJ is currently in the rule-making process and is evaluating what information will be required on the certificate to substantiate proof of training. We will not have specifics until the rule-making process is complete." 6 weeks later, everyone is all upset because sources (credible ones, I might add) say DOJ is doing just that? What could they possibly require on a legitimate training certificate that isn't already there, that would get the "OK" of the legislature, and cause problems for anyone who took a legitimate class as spelled out in the law? DOJ is specifically forbidden by the statute from designating a mandatory criteria for a training class, unless it's their own taught by their "own certified" instructors (and this cannot be deemed mandatory to receive a license neither). When Rep. Barka offered an amendment that would do just that (he wanted a mandatory "MN - UT" type class, specific to concealed carry in WI), that amendment was soundly defeated by the legislature, as being much too restrictive. So how could DOJ come up with something defining mandatory training, either by class content or minimum time of training, in the administrative rules when this CLEARLY was not the intent of the Legislature?

I think everyone is getting all worked up over nothing. Maybe that's just me... I'm not concerned, because I have the hunter safety class, I'm a former hunter safety instructor, I have 3 concealed carry licenses from other States (each will satisfy the training requirements), I have police academy firearm training, and an AACFI training certificate for a MN permit (got the MN permit too) from BDJ-LTD. I've got every training qualification possibility covered except a DD214. I count 7 differant, seperate documents in my possession, each of which should meet the training requirements in Act 35. So... what, me worry?

Last edited:

neoinarien

First of all... Neonarin has been posting on another WI-specific firearm forum for years. He's the real deal.
<snip>

<snip>

*and I have it on good authority, independent of anyone here on ODCO/WI Carry, that DOJ will be doing so.
Also that the OP is who he says he is & his info is valid.
Also that they will deny MD, and will require a minimum # of in-person hours.

How that jives w/ the test-out hunter safety course I don't understand, since it won't be enough hours.
Or is that exempt from both the specific wording on the certificate & the hours because it's more clearly explained in the law than anything else?

I'll point out that, in addition to the above sign offs (thanks), I have discussed this with the founder of ArmedBadger.com and high ups/founders from multiple firearm training companies (AACFI, JustCarry and the Ayoob school in WI).

But hey: shoot the messenger, right? ... What do I know...

oak1971

I'll point out that, in addition to the above sign offs (thanks), I have discussed this with the founder of ArmedBadger.com and high ups/founders from multiple firearm training companies (AACFI, JustCarry and the Ayoob school in WI).

But hey: shoot the messenger, right? ... What do I know...

The training lobby is hard at work as usual.

neoinarien

The training lobby is hard at work as usual.

On the contrary, they just want to make sure that people are going to be good-to-go and want to know whatever they can to make sure they can help their clients, both past and future, to get things done as quickly as possible.

I've been impressed with the concern put in.

It would be VERY easy for them to just blow it off and say, "whatever! The people who already paid us can't get a refund; and the other people who are going to take our classes are none-the wiser! We're safe: why worry"

I think your attitude, and that of many on this forum, is far too cynical.

But hey, I'm just another internet wannabe attorney who likes taking cheap shots at people who are devoting their time and efforts, much of it pro bono, to help other people: sounds like a guy to undercut. ;)

Last edited: