• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Youth Corps

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The bottom line. Why does DHS think they need a FEMA recruiting organization? A academy of sorts to groom potential employees. The service academies have their purpose, to train the "future leaders" of the armed services.

FEMA needs future damage assessors like I need FEMA.....and I don't need FEMA.

Is the Homeland Youth Corp the "service academy" for Obama's Civilian Army.

This is what we should be worried about. I do not trust our federal government, nor will I ever regain that trust unless things come to a screeching halt. The government has done nothing but destroy our rights and prep the entire country for something, but nobody seems to know what that something is.

Has anyone else been witness to the picture of the young man with an MP5 air-soft rifle wearing the uniform with DHS patches on it? I can't remember where I have seen this picture... any references?

OC for ME

From the linked article.
Dressed in combat fatigues and armed with air guns firing tiny plastic pellets, they are taught how to assault buses, raid marijuana fields and rescue terrorist hostages from buildings.

Boy Scouts are trained to disarm “suspected terrorists” and subdue them, including Iraq war veterans.
I recommend that any OCDO members who have their kids participating in Boy Scouts to inquire as to whether or not this program is made available to their kids.

http://exploring.learningforlife.org/
http://exploring.learningforlife.org/services/career-exploring/law-enforcement/

When I was in the Boy Scouts we learned stuff like; always be prepared, woodland skills, first aid, marksmanship, cooking on the trail, help old ladies to cross the street. Today it seems that the Boy Scouts are teaching our youth to conduct no-knock raids.

Voice your displeasure regarding this vile program to brainwash our youth......"career exploring" my back-side.

Freedom First

If modern Committees of Correspondance are "up and running" I sure haven't noticed.

And you wouldn't have noticed during the years leading up to 1774 either.

We have our freedom because of the Committees of Correspondance during the Revolution, and now we are losing that freedom at an alarming pace. We truly need active committees and "Sons" that are as intelligent and resourceful as those of the past.

I would suggest that the Committees prior to the War for American Independence were part of the success of the movement in those days. But, the major difference today is the lack of personal local involvement in a town militia. People today have gotten it in their mind that joining a militia is somehow illegal and the very act will bring the feds crashing down on their family. Yet these same folks believe that they are Free...

The First Amendment protects a Right that existed Prior to the establishment of the Constitution of a person to willingly associate with other people without governmental interference.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Likewise, the Second Amendment protects our State's Right and thus our Right to provide for our common defense via a long established English tradition, the local militia.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Here on OCDO we gather to discuss the assault on our Right to Carry. Many have stood boldly in the face of a peace officer and refused to comply with what we KNOW are illegal demands. Yet we still submit willingly to the other violence done to our Rights without a peep. Nearly every Washington State OCer has a CPL. It's "required" to drive a vehicle with a loaded handgun on your person. I thought my Right to keep and bear arms "...shall not be infringed." by those in power??? Interesting.

Eye95 (btw Glad to see you back! You ok? I missed you dude!) would have us believe that discussing restoring this long expired republic is "armed revolt". I beg to differ.

Revolution; n. A fundamental change in political organization; especially : the overthrow or renunciation of one government or ruler and the substitution of another by the governed

Rebellion; n. An open, armed, and usually unsuccessful defiance of or resistance to an established government

I look at my Constitution and I hardly even see the basic form reflected in DC. I don't remember the people rising up in a Rebellion and tearing it down or those same people replacing it with another form... Hmmm, something else must have happened.

A coup d'état is the sudden, illegal deposition of a government, usually by a small group of the existing state establishment—typically the military—to depose the extant government and replace it with another body, civil or military.

I would say that this nation suffers from a bad case of Coup d'Etat and pushing back against those who already overthrew your government is far from Rebellion or even a Revolution. It's called loyalty. Or even obedience to the Oath many here took and to the Framer's words: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Over the last 150 years, the rulers of this nation have worked diligently to bring about change in the face of a clearly defined set of enumerated powers. This working on the forms of government by people within it, without the support or direction of the People themselves, is clearly an assault on our constitution and the forms of government intended by it's ratification. What do I call that? Well, based on the definitions above, it's a coup d'etat. It's clearly a betrayal by the leadership at the highest levels against the People they are supposed to be serving.

So, what shall we do? Send emails to our so-called representatives? Gripe online? Vote? Complain? Drink beer? Pray? Or prepare?

Regardless, I would ask you folks to really examine your faith placed in this system. Read your Constitution. Talk to your friends about your concerns. And pray.

sudden valley gunner

Nice post Freedom. I am reading Conceived in Liberty by Murray N. Rothbard. Great book! so far I am 1200 pages in (5200 page book) and never realized the constant struggle the people in the colonies and the folks who were here first were in with the Motherland and their own oppressive regimes here, there were lots of mini revolutions prior to our war for independence it was a constant struggle as Rothbard explains human history has always been a struggle between power and liberty, I am amazed at how often even relatively small populations were able to make the British Empire leave them alone by resistance to their demands.

I too would reassess Eye's assumption about revolution so would John Adams...

"Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people . . . . This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution."

John Adams, 1818

OC for ME

Not all the people. http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/revwartimeline.htm

The "shot heard around the world" is what started the revolution. Grumbling and complaining, while enjoying a tankard of ale in your local tavern, and not doing anything other than grumbling and complaining is not a revolution. revolutions are made when liberty minded men answer a call to action to strike down tyranny.

Freedom First

Nice post Freedom. I am reading Conceived in Liberty by Murray N. Rothbard. Great book! so far I am 1200 pages in (5200 page book) and never realized the constant struggle the people in the colonies and the folks who were here first were in with the Motherland and their own oppressive regimes here, there were lots of mini revolutions prior to our war for independence it was a constant struggle as Rothbard explains human history has always been a struggle between power and liberty, I am amazed at how often even relatively small populations were able to make the British Empire leave them alone by resistance to their demands.

There's nothing new under the sun...

The book that really helped me get a good grasp of the revolution was "American insurgent, American patriot. The people's revolution" by TH Breen. It explains from the people's viewpoint the workings of a revolutionary spirit in the decade leading up to 1775. During those years the people moved from a willing cooperation with the Crown to a state of refusal to cooperate.

The militia and the Committees moved against those holding Crown commissions (tax gatherer, toll master, post master, etc.) and forced them to either resign their commissions or flee to the few major garrisoned cities for safety. Imagine 500 of your neighbors banging on your door at midnight, with clubs and torches, demanding your resignation. Pretty imposing. Brings to mind the following quote from a movie: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Freedom1Man

There's nothing new under the sun...

The book that really helped me get a good grasp of the revolution was "American insurgent, American patriot. The people's revolution" by TH Breen. It explains from the people's viewpoint the workings of a revolutionary spirit in the decade leading up to 1775. During those years the people moved from a willing cooperation with the Crown to a state of refusal to cooperate.

The militia and the Committees moved against those holding Crown commissions (tax gatherer, toll master, post master, etc.) and forced them to either resign their commissions or flee to the few major garrisoned cities for safety. Imagine 500 of your neighbors banging on your door at midnight, with clubs and torches, demanding your resignation. Pretty imposing. Brings to mind the following quote from a movie: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Except now those who run the corporations and control your job(s) are the tax collectors.

Back then your boss was not the tax collector. Now your boss is the tax collector and if you kick him/her out of town you're out of a job.
Even tyrants learn from history.

So in order to kick the tax collectors out of town everyone would have to quit their jobs(s).

Freedom1Man

Most bosses I know don't want to be on the dark side we are forced to be there by threat of violence from the government.

The bosses can leave, all they have to do is grow a pair of balls, and use the lawyers they are paying to twiddle their thumbs to sue individual IRS agents if they start harassing you. It's been done successfully. They almost never get to court though so locating cases is slim pickings.

sudden valley gunner

The bosses can leave, all they have to do is grow a pair of balls, and use the lawyers they are paying to twiddle their thumbs to sue individual IRS agents if they start harassing you. It's been done successfully. They almost never get to court though so locating cases is slim pickings.

I have been to court with state issues and been audited by the FED's they lie cheat and have millions of dollars their disposal stolen from me and others to fight you even when you are innocent. It's easy to say just rebel and don't partake, but when you are barely surviving and can't afford to not work and to fight them........most employers just move on.

Freedom1Man

I have been to court with state issues and been audited by the FED's they lie cheat and have millions of dollars their disposal stolen from me and others to fight you even when you are innocent. It's easy to say just rebel and don't partake, but when you are barely surviving and can't afford to not work and to fight them........most employers just move on.

I full said that the government is corrupt, however, you can and should resist.

So you would not hire someone who does not have a SSN? Would you even consider just following the law? You CAN file a W-2 without a SSN on it.

sudden valley gunner

I full said that the government is corrupt, however, you can and should resist.

So you would not hire someone who does not have a SSN? Would you even consider just following the law? You CAN file a W-2 without a SSN on it.

I plead the 5th ......:cool:

And I am in full support of resistance to corrupt government, but do realize some folks also have to make a living.

Last edited: