• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

Brace

I don't see any mention of past violence or crimes against person with the exception of "resisting arrest", which is one of those charges that's applied over broadly. The likelihood that he deserved it just went up though.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
He may have served his time, and yes, he's made mistakes. I believe he just made another mistake and this time, the price he is paying now is a little steeper. It is sad that he has not learned anything from his past string of mistakes.

Maybe he believed that he's already paid, therefore, he can keep doing as long as he keeps paying?

Well, now that he's paralyzed, he doesn't have that luxury.

I can only assume all of these morons never had parents to teach them basic things, like don't run into the street, because cars are dangerous, don't intentionally cause accidents, etc.

Last edited:

onus

"The Lawrence motor*cyclist struck and paralyzed as a desperate SUV driver tried to escape the rage of other bikers in New York on Sunday has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.

Edwin Mieses, 32, never got a driver’s license in the Bay State, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said, but he was frequently nabbed behind the wheel, and even sentenced to jail for driving without a license, court records show. Mieses has a pending case out of Lawrence District Court for driving suspended, subsequent offense, said Carrie Kimball Monihan, spokeswoman for the Essex County District Attorney’s Office. Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show.

Mieses was sentenced to jail in 2004 for distribution of cocaine, in 2001 for operating without a license, in 2000 for possession of a firearm, and in 1999 for possession of marijuana, receiving stolen property, destruction of property and attaching plates, according to court records."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio.../run_over_mass_biker_has_long_criminal_record

Most of the people in the video have similar histories. There is a reason so many of them didn't have license plates. There is a reason they ride in a huge pack.

samkent

I heard it elsewhere but it says it best.

"If you play stupid games you will win stupid prizes."

MKEgal

david.ross said:
He's made mistakes sure, though that doesn't mean the law should ignore any unlawful action against him.
"unlawful action against him"????
Wait, we're still talking about the biker who participated in blockading the freeway, and was blocking the victim in the SUV from going on his lawful way (kidnapping), right?
The one who was run over as the victim escaped, and is now apparently paralyzed?
Exactly what "unlawful action" was taken against him?
It seems like his participating in the blockade & intimidation against the victims in the SUV was the latest in a string of bad decisions on his part, but it was his own fault.
Nobody did it to him.
Nobody forced him to park in front of that vehicle, or be part of the gang which was threatening the victims.

Bernymac

"The unidentified narcotics officer only came forward Wednesday night, four days after the caught-on-video biker predation, and is described as a motorcycle hobbyist who rides with Front Line Soldiers, a New Rochelle-based group that also counts several other cops among its members, a source said. Internal Affairs is investigating whether those cops, too, were among the bikers, and whether any of them are also witnesses to the beating that left Internet exec Alexian Lien bleeding on the pavement as his wife and toddler daughter cowered inside their black Range Rover."

http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/undercover-cop-stood-by-as-bikers-beat-dad/

See the mind set.

"Did not want to blow his cover"???? Really, how is doing the right thing as a human being to try and help out going to blow a cover? Or is his cover a total sociopathic ass-munch? What a lame excuse. Can they use that like the old "just following orders" schtick?

Last edited:

onus

"The unidentified narcotics officer only came forward Wednesday night, four days after the caught-on-video biker predation, and is described as a motorcycle hobbyist who rides with Front Line Soldiers, a New Rochelle-based group that also counts several other cops among its members, a source said. Internal Affairs is investigating whether those cops, too, were among the bikers, and whether any of them are also witnesses to the beating that left Internet exec Alexian Lien bleeding on the pavement as his wife and toddler daughter cowered inside their black Range Rover."

http://nypost.com/2013/10/04/undercover-cop-stood-by-as-bikers-beat-dad/

See the mind set.

haha awesome. I wouldn't expect anything less from po po

HandyHamlet

"unlawful action against him"????
Wait, we're still talking about the biker who participated in blockading the freeway, and was blocking the victim in the SUV from going on his lawful way (kidnapping), right?

Shame on you.

The only ones for sure who knew what happened in the initial accident are the rider and SUV. Now we have a blockade? I guess I really am the only one who stops for an accident.

Are you honestly stating on a public forum you wouldn't stop and assist a downed rider in your group?

tisk tisk.

WalkingWolf

You would stop in the middle of the highway? Surprised you have not been road kill already. The proper place to pull over is on the side of the road. MKE was spot on, the injured rider was blocking/trapping the family. The scumbag got what he deserved.

georg jetson

You would stop in the middle of the highway? Surprised you have not been road kill already. The proper place to pull over is on the side of the road. MKE was spot on, the injured rider was blocking/trapping the family. The scumbag got what he deserved.

+1!!!!

The injured biker mob participant was blocking the forward progress of someone fleeing for their life.

Get that people... he was blocking the suv! Just like the mob biker that stopped him in the first place.

georg jetson

Shame on you.

The only ones for sure who knew what happened in the initial accident are the rider and SUV. Now we have a blockade? I guess I really am the only one who stops for an accident.

Are you honestly stating on a public forum you wouldn't stop and assist a downed rider in your group?

tisk tisk.

The rider that purposefully stopped the suv you mean... and the injured rider that purposefully blocked the suv you mean. He didnt stop for an accident, he blocked for an "on purpose".

JoeSparky

Centurion
I don't see any mention of past violence or crimes against person with the exception of "resisting arrest", which is one of those charges that's applied over broadly. The likelihood that he deserved it just went up though.

Nope, I don't think any of those involved in this tragedy DESERVED whatever happened to them. Those that took the risk and initiated this travesty (the group (MOB) of bikers) got caught and are now facing the CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.

HandyHamlet

Now we really are into bizarre-o land.

The SUV stopped after tagging the biker in front of him. Otherwise we would have two mangled bodies. But we don't. Facts don't matter in a good lynching.

Some riders stopped as they realized someone was down. Some stopped because a dumbass SUV just stopped in the middle of the road in front of them. Others stopped because everyone in front was now stopped and blocking them. The camera guy and the front of the group was far ahead and had to look back after they stopped. Because most never even knew a rider was down. All they saw was everyone stopping and then an SUV run bikes and people over. So of course they chased the @hole and stopped him. Only to have yet another guy get run down. Of course they continued the pursuit and beat the driver. They say him running people over. Twice.

Maybe the cops did not step in because the truth has nothing to do with the inflammatory rhetoric surrounding the story.

Reasonable

Yawn. This whole conversation is just another excuse to hate on the cops.

Where is the open carried gun on this story?

Logan 5

Even with all that has been said so far, he'll still get a pay off from the SUV driver's insurance company.

Last edited: