• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Prince William County

possumboy

imported post

OC'ed today at Henderick Honda, stayed way to long for my liking. Got a ride to Potomac Mills, did a little guerrilla OC in the theater, CC'ed in, OC'ed out.

Transformers, the ultimate change from CC to OC...

zoom6zoom

imported post

OC's today while getting the car inspected at the Sunoco at Dale Blvd and Minneville. The inspector asked me if I was a state trooper, to which I answered, no, just a citizen exercising my rights. His reaction was great, saying he wished a lot more people would. He was thinking about getting a CHP, we talked about why I choose to OC even with a permit, illegal aliens, and other stuff. Great conversation. I left him a VCDL flier and the opencarry forum address.

Then it was off to Giant Food in Center Plaza for groceries. No issues.

Then I had to come home and order tires, since mine just squeaked by during inspection. There goes the rest of this month's gun show money!

VAopencarry

imported post

OC'd at the neighborhood 7-11, as I do most days, PW County officer was inside when I walked in. No issue's, I am pretty sure he saw I was armed. OC'd at a grocery store on or near Linton Hall Rd, engaged 2 cashiers in conversation, no issue's.

vrwmiller

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
OC'd at the neighborhood 7-11, as I do most days, PW County officer was inside when I walked in. No issue's, I am pretty sure he saw I was armed. OC'd at a grocery store on or near Linton Hall Rd, engaged 2 cashiers in conversation, no issue's.
Does this happen to be the brand new one that opened up at Rt 28 & Linton Hall?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

This morning, I visited the Target in Gainesville, with a little friend at my (open) side. My superb, and much loved, Kahr K9 Elite '03. I just got this gun back from Sandy Garrett (Northern Virginia Gun Works) on Wednesday after having him round off the edges on the bottom of the trigger and shortening the trigger about 1/64" (he also highly polished the trigger face). A trip to IWLA off of 28 this morning to verify all was well and check out the new trigger, then home to clean it up (and my Glock 23 that also went with me to the range).

No stares, no comments, no nothing. And Target was pretty busy. While I am aware that maybe over 75% of the people who live in this area are not native Virginians, I suspect many of them just think that someone carrying a gun open is probably an off duty police officer or perhaps a federal agent of some kind. Amazing.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Attaboy, Southernboy :monkey

I've seen it approriately said here that the first time you open carry (in a urban, sheeple infested area) it feels like you are walking around buck naked. Sure that every single person not only sees the gun but that they will react in horror that you are carrying such an instument of death.
By the end of the day, realizing exactly how few (if any) people give a darn you wonder why you waited so long to carry in such an intelligent and comfrtable way :)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Attaboy, Southernboy :monkey

I've seen it approriately said here that the first time you open carry (in a urban, sheeple infested area) it feels like you are walking around buck naked. Sure that every single person not only sees the gun but that they will react in horror that you are carrying such an instument of death.
By the end of the day, realizing exactly how few (if any) people give a darn you wonder why you waited so long to carry in such an intelligent and comfrtable way :)

Yeah, it's weird. When I started carry concealed 12 years ago, intially I felt self-conscious.. as though I was standing out by either printing or just acting different. But definitely self-conscious.

Last Sunday when I broke the ice on OC, I felt the same way. And I still do because it IS so obvious. I know it will take a bit before it comes natural. And I'm sure I will still CC as well. Bu in the summer months OC is more comfortable, that's for sure.

Now as for urban areas, where I live is maybe 37+ miles from Washington DC. We are in the outer suburbs here, but the area is growing fast (booming is more like it), and very affluent. Lots of yuppies around (some might way I'm one since I'm a Software Engineer, but I never think of myself as a yuppie - too Southern for that).

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Klines Drive in on route 28 South of Manassas near the airport. Tomahawk, LEO 229, VRWMiller, Wooley, horrid mischief, and I met up for some lunch and a visit. VRWMiller brought his son (great guy by the way), and horrid Mischief brought a few kids along as well. While I was waiting out front for the others to arrive, a few people noticed, but just went about their business.

One guy who was obviously CCing under a "T" shirt, did not even notice, but he was obviously new to the whole idea of carry as he kept patting his concealed firearm and it was printing terribly.

In any case we were there for a few hours, had a lot of laughs, and some good fellowship. Most importantly, we had no problems whatsoever.

Afterward a few of the guys went over to Virginia Arms (just down the street), and I went on to Advanced Auto Parts on 28 North of town. No problems all day.

Regards

Wooley

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Wooley wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Hawk, did LEO 229 ask to see your ID's? :p
No, but Hawk did take a picture of my plate...

Yea and I have a picture of LEO 229 too. I am reluctant to post the LEO picture, but your plate is a WHOLE other thing.:what:
If I can preview it and have it edited as needed to protect the innocent (her not me) I'll consider letting you put it up for all to view.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wooley wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Wooley wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Hawk, did LEO 229 ask to see your ID's?  :p
No, but Hawk did take a picture of my plate...

Yea and I have a picture of LEO 229 too. I am reluctant to post the LEO picture, but your plate is a WHOLE other thing.:what:
If I can preview it and have it edited as needed to protect the innocent (her not me) I'll consider letting you put it up for all to view.

All kidding aside. I do not post identifiable images of folks on the internet without their permission. That said, I was planning to send it to you. Same goes for Leo 229's picture, it is just to risky for people to be "outed" that way without asking first.

Regards

vabi

imported post

hey guys, was this lunch planned?:lol: i would like to get in on some of these. I was at guns and ammo at 1130 hrs today, then i went to the iwla range off 28 (but it was closed today for the annual picknic) so i ended up at blue ridge. i just missed you guys.

VAopencarry

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Does this happen to be the brand new one that opened up at Rt 28 & Linton Hall?
If I answered that question it would allow the forces of evil to narrow down my currently undisclosed location, wouldn't it? :)