• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Incident In Seabrook Sam's Club

doobie

Not to get off topic, but can out of staters OC in NH like Vermont allows?? I have a CT permit to carry (CC or OC). Just curious as i'll be spending time in the area this summer. Thnxs....

You can OC, but you can't CC. You also cannot OC in a vehicle without a license.

USAR-VET

Ok, thanks guys. Sounds like I can have an unloaded gun in the car, and when out of the car, you can then load it, and OC. Is this correct? Thanks again.

VET

doobie

Ok, thanks guys. Sounds like I can have an unloaded gun in the car, and when out of the car, you can then load it, and OC. Is this correct? Thanks again.

VET

Yes, but some cops will take having a magazine outside but near a firearm as loaded....mainly because of the wording in the law... "A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges"

"with" has been in the past taken to taken to include anywhere when both are within reach.

jrd929

Thats great news. I live down the street from Sams club, but to tell you the truth I havnt OC'd around here at all. I'm a bit reluctant because of the MA border and all the MA people that shop around here. I guess I'm trying to avoid a MWG call or a confrontation with the store clerks. I'm glad you had no issue and the store manager was good about it. I may try Ocing in Sams this spring sometime. I always wonder how many calls the police get in Seabrook from Massholes about a MWG. I'm glad your exercising your rights!

Since then I have OCed in Sams MANY times and have had no more problems with customers or employees. I have been in the store many times where, according to the cars in the lot, Mass residents far outnumbered NH residents in the store, and still not had a problem, and no police encounters. I'll continue to OC there for the foreseeable future, Massholes or not.