• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Rainier Tattoo

Visited Rainier Tattoo in Renton today, the guys there are good guys.... this is what I had done.

576483_2047472642935_1728023493_1012964_1899717859_n.jpg

to match my holster....

390839_1645182305928_1728023493_856637_37637175_n.jpg

1245A Defender

Well,,,

At the Capitol in Olympia now for the Tea Party limited government/tax rally at noon with M1gunr, Squeak, Deros.

so we need an after action report.
how was the rally?
how big a crowd?

funny, I haddent heard anything about this, rally.

Geez bob can u pm me!

Sooo, I always thought it was wierd when someone Publicly posted that they were sending a Private message to someone.
But I have NEVER seen someone Publicly ASK for someone to send them a Private message!!!
Sooo, I did send gogo a private message, I said,, what up?

There was a time that he could have, should have, just replied to my simple request for an after action report. as i asked in my post.
But now.... I dont want any PMs, at all... He has not responded to my, What up, PM...
If I get a PM, I will post it on here...

Last edited:

1245A Defender

And!!!

And heres another thing!!!

A thing I think about sometimes...
The Republican party has pre/pro/emted the TEA Party...
They take over the times, the places and the Anouncements of the events.
This why practicly NOBODY knew about this rally on Saturday!
It would have been good if someone from OCDO would have posted the event for us to see!

Soooo I... and Slapmonkey Have voiced our loss of this oppertunity to
petition our government for redress of our grievences...

sorry I cant spell....

Beretta92FSLady

After the South Sound OC meet, I took the family to Cabelas. My kids went crazy when we passed it on the way to Lacey. I couldn't pass up the chance to look at more guns.

My kids love Cabelas; always thrilled to hear that we are going. Sometimes I think they are more excited to run around there than me or my wife.

decklin

I'm a little late posting this but I had two positive encounters over the last couple of weekends.
The first was two weekends ago (apprx. the 7th) at the Auburn Walmart. I was in the beer/wine aisle when a very tall guy walked over and said, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice you're OC'ing. Does Law Enforcement ever bother you?"
I told him no and explained the usual. Apparently he was from Grant County. He said he has seen alot of people OC there but was not aware anyone did it on the west side.
As he left in reference to OC he said, "Good for you. Keep it up."
The other was this past weekend while standing in the exact same spot. Another guy walked by and asked, "That a .45?"
"Yes sir," says I.
"Good choice," he replied and continued on his way.
Two positive experiences in the very same location. I should set up a stand with pamphlets in that aisle.....

DCKilla

I took the family to the Lakewood Carl's Jr. There was plenty of people, but nothing said. Then we walked around the nearby shopping center until the rain kicked us out. I'm praying for nicer weather. We might hit up Point Defiance Park next week if the sun comes out.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Camping World

Went to Camping World in Fife on Saturday to buy some goodies for my new2me tent trailer. Prepping for the campout next month and also prepping for it to be a quick bug out vehicle behind the Wrangler. I was in CW for about an hour buying a bunch on miscellaneous items. There were lots of other shoppers, lots of very friendly people and no mention of any bang bangs.

Off to Wholesale sports for a few odds and ends that CW did not carry. The only crazy thing that happened at WS was while ringing up my order, the registered showed my total to be over $90,000.....haha. Cashier fixed whatever was wrong and I went home.

DCKilla

Welcome to Washington

It wasn't a big deal when we walked into Taco Time near Canyon RD and 176th on the way home. I had no issues with the employees or other constumers. This one couple walked in and ordered, again no big deal. We were about to leave. So, I cleared our table of trash. My strong side was toward them many times as I completed my current task. As we were packing up, the couple headed out and to their car. The car had California plates and an Obama 08 bumper sticker.

jt59

It wasn't a big deal when we walked into Taco Time near Canyon RD and 176th on the way home. I had no issues with the employees or other constumers. This one couple walked in and ordered, again no big deal. We were about to leave. So, I cleared our table of trash. My strong side was toward them many times as I completed my current task. As we were packing up, the couple headed out and to their car. The car had California plates and an Obama 08 bumper sticker.

Maybe they called their realtor and cancelled the appointments for the showings after lunch....:D

Last edited:

decklin

OC'd at the Auburn Walmart. While shopping for spray paint to make some targets I was approached by a gentleman in a black hoodie asking me if I ever had any problems with OC. It turns out he also was carrying a 1911 but it was concealed. We had a nice conversation about OC. Apparently he had picked up a pamphlet on OC at the Federal Way Discount Guns. I was surprised considering they have a sign on their door that says no loaded weapons.
On another note, yesterday I took my STI up 165 towards Mowich Lake. I had never been in that area. I ended up in Mt. Rainier National Park where I saw a sign that says Firearms Restricted. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that law had been repealed in 2010?
securedownload.jpgsecuredownload2.jpg

Last edited:

zekester

Play on words ...."Restricted"....yes....but not banned...
You cannot take in buildings...pretty sure anyway.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
OC'd at the Auburn Walmart. While shopping for spray paint to make some targets I was approached by a gentleman in a black hoodie asking me if I ever had any problems with OC. It turns out he also was carrying a 1911 but it was concealed. We had a nice conversation about OC. Apparently he had picked up a pamphlet on OC at the Federal Way Discount Guns. I was surprised considering they have a sign on their door that says no loaded weapons.
On another note, yesterday I took my STI up 165 towards Mowich Lake. I had never been in that area. I ended up in Mt. Rainier National Park where I saw a sign that says Firearms Restricted. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that law had been repealed in 2010?
View attachment 8374View attachment 8375

I believe they can restrict hunting and I know they can also restrict carry of firearms in buildings. I am not saying the sign refers to either of those but I would like to hope.

I had a good email exchange with the Mt Rainier Head Ranger last year, they had signs posted at trail heads and scenic views still showing the no guns prohibition. I informed him of the change in federal law of which he was familiar with. He informed me that they were changing the signs (which they were waiting on new ones for) in July of last year. He also had told me they covered the no guns section of existing signs with tape but due to the dramatic weather most of the tape had fallen off, he also said he would have his rangers retape the signs until the new signs arrive. At the end of July he followed up with me saying his rangers were working to replace the signs as the new ones had arrived.

Last edited:

jt59

I have also read that national parks in other states have taken license on the interpretation of "federal building" but generally I think it is interpreted to be the places where federal employee's work.

The question I have at the park then goes to:

Sunrise: The reasturant above the climbing office on the lower floor of the building is leased to an outside vendor - OK? not OK?

Paradise: The Hotel - same deal...no park employee's, but the rangers climbing office and the new visitors center - out of bounds

Longmire: the Hotel and resturant ...leased, no park employees

Narada Falls: public restrooms - no park employee's unless being cleaned....then cones are up.