• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum is kind of a turn off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Rants are generally self-serving and they are little embraced by others.

Most frequently, they are a repeated objection to the rules and how they applied. The frustration would seem to stem from the inability to get their own way. That will only work on a forum where they are in an ownership position.

So there you are - start and operate your own forum......eye95 did. I've lost me link to his forum - does anyone still have it?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Most frequently, they are a repeated objection to the rules and how they applied. The frustration would seem to stem from the inability to get their own way. That will only work on a forum where the are in an ownership position.

So there you are - start and operate your own forum......eye95 did. I've lost me link to his forum - does anyone still have it?

We all have our ups, and downs, but sometimes some have downs a lot more than others. I have learned to ignore those, and OCDO became the greatest of the many forums/sites I visit.

Freedom1Man

I work with cops at my current job. I do not hate them, I don't approve of some of their actions though. While on the job, strictly professional. Personal time, strictly legal.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

utbagpiper

Banned
I trust a couple of quotes, "owned" (as per forum rules) by he who posted them, is not going to be considered a personal insult when offered without further commentary.

As far as smart alecs, yea they are on every site, I am sometimes one of them, we here call it humor, or sarcasm.

You can think funny all you want, but you have no license to act like the back end of a mule. Take your condescending pompous attitude, and pound sand.

utbagpiper

Banned
Again, no personal insults, no commentary. Just a couple of quotes that may be illuminating.

You are now insulting our moderator, those terms are not allowed, and if anything close to that comes up he is on top of it.

[OCDO has] a very overworked but professional fair moderator.

Solus, I have been invited to join NAAGA by Mr Smith. .... one member [here] has special privileges to break the rules anytime he wants.... I keep hoping our mod will step up on this issue, yet he has failed every time.

Last edited:

solus

mate, i do believe this is the worst character assassination type behavior i have ever seen you exhibit on the forum to date...

quite surprised you felt the necessity to lambaste another member who's comments you quoted do not seem to be directed towards you whatsoever, all with specific intent of tarnishing defaming their reputation.

i can honestly state i did not expect your break to manifest in such a brazzen fashion and wondering if another spate will flow out of your computer trying to defame my reputation.

best advice...rest, take time off, might notify your SO of this recent lapse so when you completely crash it won't come as a big shock to them~tho, if your exhibiting this type of inappropriate behavior on a public forum....they are already watching you closely.

best of luck mate

ipse

Last edited:

solus

Yup. And incivility breeds incivility.

And the beat goes on and on. All is well here. No need for any introspection.

i do apologize mate, i didn't read down far enough...

you are aware the break is occurring yet can't stop the spiraling....

oh dear, well truly sorry it hit so severely...rest up and keep those you hold near and dear close by...the holidays will be quite the ride...

ipse

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Most frequently, they are a repeated objection to the rules and how they applied. The frustration would seem to stem from the inability to get their own way. That will only work on a forum where they are in an ownership position.

eye95.com is registered, but it has never worked.

http://www.eye95.com/home.html
it is there,, but nobody has ever posted.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
eye95.com is registered, but it has never worked.
It works up to a point. It never got off the ground - eye95 himself is the only registered user despite an appeal for others to join in the conversation. I think that the problem was that the site name/title didn't have anything to attract the target market.

Suspect that he is active on another forum somewhere with a different user name. He had too much to say to keep it inside.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I don't believe that one has ever been able to post, and at the moment, the site is only one page deep, the 'home' page.

I could believe that he is here in the persona of one of the more thoughtless posters, the ones that make you wonder, continually, what does that have to do with anything?
Eye95 was banned from "Ohioans for concealed carry." He lives near Dayton Oh. and works at Write Pat air force base. Or he did a few years ago. But, being banned from "OFCC" is not hard to accomplish. Disagreeing with a mod will get you banned in a flash. Where eye95 hangs out now I have no idea.

solus

I don't believe that one has ever been able to post, and at the moment, the site is only one page deep, the 'home' page.

I could believe that he is here in the persona of one of the more thoughtless posters, the ones that make you wonder, continually, what does that have to do with anything?

do not believe he could stifle his subject matter enthusiasm whatsoever...

ipse

solus

Eye95 was banned from "Ohioans for concealed carry." He lives near Dayton Oh. and works at Write Pat air force base. Or he did a few years ago. But, being banned from "OFCC" is not hard to accomplish. Disagreeing with a mod will get you banned in a flash. Where eye95 hangs out now I have no idea.

eye95 worked at the base exchange at Wright Patterson located in fairborn ohio, but also spent a great deal of time, if mem serves, in AL which is where was from.

ipse

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I think ya'll are solidifying the OP's point.

Is it really necessary to spend nearly a page denigrating someone who isn't even here any more and whom a newcomer wouldn't likely encounter?

Aren't posts castigating others for anything other than opposition to gun rights contrary to forum rules?

Aren't posts supposed to stay on topic?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I decided to mess with all the word nazis. I will be using the improper or wrong spelling of words just to mess with those who just can't leave well enough alone.
Alot versus a lot, flip flop their and there, plain and plane, and list goes on and on. And lets not forget to, too and two.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think ya'll are solidifying the OP's point.

Is it really necessary to spend nearly a page denigrating someone who isn't even here any more and whom a newcomer wouldn't likely encounter?

Aren't posts castigating others for anything other than opposition to gun rights contrary to forum rules?

Aren't posts supposed to stay on topic?
His case was so different/unique that it was allowed - he did oppose OC except in ways he approved also.

He ranted excessively against a celebration that happened to be on the first of May - that being relating soley to Communism/anti freedom in his opinion.
https://www.marxists.org/history/etol/writers/souvar/works/1920/04/29.htm
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/15268-history-of-may-day

He chose to ignore that it was also the beginning of the effort to establish an 8 hour work day in the USA.

"Most people living in the United States know little about the International Workers' Day of May Day. For many others there is an assumption that it is a holiday celebrated in state communist countries like Cuba or the former Soviet Union. Most Americans don't realize that May Day has its origins here in this country and is as "American" as baseball and apple pie, and stemmed from the pre-Christian holiday of Beltane, a celebration of rebirth and fertility."
http://www.iww.org/history/library/misc/origins_of_mayday

Last edited:

FBrinson

http://www.eye95.com/home.html
it is there,, but nobody has ever posted.

I found the problem. From the website:

"Citizen (he knows who I am talking to), due to your recent courtesy you showed me during the trouble, You get the first shot. Keep in touch. I will open the blog to comments as soon as you are ready to make the first post. "

It is Citizen's fault! Go post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.