• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in the last frontier.

akhunter3

imported post

daveit wrote:
Hello, new to the forum. I was wondering if someone could give me a run down ofbusinesses in Anchorage that don't allow OC besides the ones listed below. I'd like to know which business I should be boycotting. :D I recently got my first handgun, so I've never really paid attention to signs prohibiting them and I'm wondering which places do so.

Also, I've seen a person OC in the Moose's Tooth before. He was not drinking, but does that fall under a bar or not?

[*]Any Courthouse Housing ONLY Justice-Related Agencies
[*]Any Courtroom
[*]Any Licensed Child Care Facility
[*]Any Non-Private-Residence Assisted Living Facility
[*]Any Office of The Alaska Court System
[*]Bars
[*]K-12 School Buses
[*]K-12 School Grounds
[*]Private Residences Without Residents Permission
[*]Restaurants WHILE CONSUMING ALCOHOL
[*]State Funded Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Shelters Thanks!

If you want to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, whether you drink or not, you will need to carry concealed. So no, he shouldn't of been carrying in Mooses' tooth.

:uhoh:dumb rule

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

Congratulations!

I've been tryin' to track down a G19 for three weeks now (from a private seller)and it's next to impossible!

If anyone wants/knows someone that wants to get ridda a G19 lemme' know:)

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

The G19 is hard to come by unless you buy NIB, and for good reason. It's a perfect little pistol!

There's a gun show coming up at the Sullivan Arena next month. You and I should go Jon!

akhunter3

imported post

Not a bad idea, I might just have to take you up on that. I've asked around just about everywhere I can think of and it's just plain hard gun to find. I've seen them around before, just not when I have the cash to buy one.:(

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

I certainly hope I can find one. I can't believe how few people are selling Glock 19's these days! I used to see them fairly regularly on the private market. Must be the threat of obamanancy:(

I'd love to see a 19-sized frame that could fire a 10mm cartridge. now THAT would be the ****:D

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
akhunter3 wrote:
Must be the threat of obamanancy:(

That is a classic quote Jon.

Thanks. I wish I could remember where I'd heard that before. Glocktalk maybe?

Anyways just wanted to say I have a G19 in OD that should be shipping any day now.:celebrate Hopefully will have it sometime next week.

Is northern security the cheapest place in town to pick up 9mm? Can't wait to give it a try, this will be a tiny gun/caliber compared to what I'm used to!

Jon

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

call ammo can(if you can) and go to northern(they wont tell prices over the phone) see what one is better. my bet is on ammo can. 9mm is not much of a LEO rd, which is what northern moves lots of.

spyderdude

imported post

Congrats on the new OD G19, you won't be disappointed. No matter what gun I try to carry I always come back to my trusty G19. The money you save on ammo will be nice too! :celebrate

AKRed

imported post

I like the 45 Long Colt. The factory rounds are low recoil, or with the right gun, you can handload it pretty hot or buy Buffalo Bullets or similar heavy duty rounds that are similar in ballistics to the 44 Magnum.

I have a Ruger Vaquero that I love to carry and shoot. I'm not really into the Cowboy Action Shooting or anything but I really like the simple, built in sights, no frills, utilitarian service it gives me.I've got to where I usually carry it instead of mysemi autos. If I were buying one today, I'd look for an old model, (not the newest small frame) in stainless for easy maintenance.

AKRed

imported post

Baradium wrote:
murphyslaw wrote:
yeah all the laws in alaska are for the most part upfront and easy to figure out, its mostly common since stuff.

winters are ok usually average like 30 below. but the summers are 80's all the time thats to hot for me anything above 70 and im sweating my as$ off. good luck in fairbanks. you up there in the service? must be if your coming from georgia.

do you offroad or anything like that?

Right now in Georgia it gets to near 100 degrees with probobly 90% or higher humidity. Miserable. 80 or 90 degree summers with low humidity will be paradise for me. It's been above 95 each time I looked at the thermometer for the past week.

I'm a pilot just starting out with an airline up there. I like open spaces and the outdoors, I've wanted to move there for a very long time. So coming from Georgia by choice. Fairbanks, even downtown is so much more open feeling to me than the semi rural area in Georgia I'm from it's amazing.

Do the occasional offroad, but there isn't much around here in Georgia. I'm big into hiking, backpacking etc and would like to do more offroading. I have a '78 International Scout that I'll be getting up there using a '71 International crewcab. Sold a 1980 diesel Scout about a month ago since I was moving (have to limit how much I can bring, miss the 25 mpg though). The crewcab towing the scout will also be able to bring whatever I have down here and want to keep (I'm thinking that's how I'm going to get my guns down here up there). Going to need to wait until I have a place to keep them (the trucks)though (no room at apartment in Fairbanks), so that trek will wait until another time.

Once I have my Alaska driver's license, I'm going to get a pistol up there that will go in my survival bag and that I will also carry at least for camping, hiking etc (also planning on a 12 guage). I'm a big fan of the Ruger Blackhawk and I'm down to wanting a stainlessnew modelwiththe 7.5" barrel in either .45 Colt (long colt) or .44 Mag.

I really like the idea of .45 Colt, mainly for thehistory of the round.I shot over 100 rounds through an old model .44 mag this past weekend (probobly more than that pistol had ever had shot through it :shock:). I can shoot it one handed without a problem, but I've been wondering if I might be able to get more rounds off faster with accuracy with the .45 Colt due to the lower recoil. But I want to still have a chance of stopping a bear too. ;)

What's your opinion on that? I know, really digressing from the actual topic...
I like the 45 Long Colt. The factory rounds are low recoil, or with the right gun, you can handload it pretty hot or buy Buffalo Bullets or similar heavy duty rounds that are similar in ballistics to the 44 Magnum.You can also fire them in the 454 and 460 as well.

I have a Ruger Vaquero that I love to carry and shoot. I'm not really into the Cowboy Action Shooting or anything but I really like the simple, built in sights, no frills, utilitarian service it gives me.I've got to where I usually carry it instead of mysemi autos. If I were buying one today, I'd look for an old model, (not the newest small frame) in stainless for easy maintenance.

spyderdude

imported post

I'm being bored here, so just thought I'd check to see how everyone was doing. I haven't been OCing much due to cold temperatures. Anyway other than that, just working twice a week, and chilling with my buddies. Hope everyone is having a good winter season so far, and be careful on the slick roads! :)

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I am doing good so far, been busy as hell. working 7 days a week at least 9hrs a day(averaging out the week).

enrolled my ass in school, now im broke like everyone. need to find me some more work.

Flintlock

imported post

Super busy with work and such. Been away from the forum for a while but trying to get back into it now. Summers are a great excuse to stay away from forums when there is so much to do outside.

Finalizing a detailed list of potential purchases when the Obamanacy happens next week.

Hope everyone is well..

akhunter3

imported post

I've been stocking up a bit due to the impending obamanancy. Staying busy with work and school.

If anyone knows where (BESIDES Ammo king) I can pick up some metal AK mags or a case of 7.62 at about $250 per thousand, I'm all ears!:D

spyderdude

imported post

Try Ammo Can. I think they relocated to the corner of Benson and Spenard. Or you can go to Gun Runners. That's where I managed to score a metal 40 round AK mag.

akhunter3

imported post

I'll have to stop by and give them a looksy. I called them yesterday to ask about ammo, they only sell wolf and it's almost 300 bucks per 1000rd case.:X