• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your TX Open Carry experiences here!

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
I'm going to IHOP around 1 PM, with my Taurus 9mm and two extra clips strapped to my side with no jacket to hide them.

What are these clips you speak of?

th

nonameisgood

Lowes today. Got a couple of looks, probably just because I'm me <wink>. One guy shopping with his wife/gf said to me, "open carry, that's awesome" as he smiled and nodded. I smiled and nodded back as I passed by with my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSoul

my first non fast food carry. Went to walmart to pick up Sprite and some kind of off brand cereal not sure what kind. no one noticed or said anything to me except for my neighbor who was parking at the same time I was, the only thing he said was that it wasn't legal to carry into walmart "like that." My wife corrected him and in we went. We saw him again when we were heading for checkout and he just kinda laughed when he looked at me. I guess I'm just goofy looking or something.

RichardR

Founder's Club Member
my first non fast food carry. Went to walmart to pick up Sprite and some kind of off brand cereal not sure what kind. no one noticed or said anything to me except for my neighbor who was parking at the same time I was, the only thing he said was that it wasn't legal to carry into walmart "like that." My wife corrected him and in we went. We saw him again when we were heading for checkout and he just kinda laughed when he looked at me. I guess I'm just goofy looking or something.

That's the anti-gun folks use of the Alinsky method; make fun of those with whom you disagree.

nobama

That's the anti-gun folks use of the Alinsky method; make fun of those with whom you disagree.

Yep, and if that was my neighbor, I would OC every time I walked in my yard. I think I would even sling a LG across my back.

CrimsonSoul

I think I misspoke. I don't think he was laughing at me, but at the situation (I think). Guy is in his 80's ex-marine. pretty good guy he didn't seem like he had a problem with me carrying, just didn't think it was legal to carry inside of a store or something?

qednick

I think I misspoke. I don't think he was laughing at me, but at the situation (I think). Guy is in his 80's ex-marine. pretty good guy he didn't seem like he had a problem with me carrying, just didn't think it was legal to carry inside of a store or something?

Glad your wife set him straight. I read some of the experiences on another forum this morning (I'm not a member there). Several mentioned apprehension about entering WalMart...hearts beating out of chest, almost turning back to car, etc. Kinda funny because I think WalMart is one of the "safe harbors" for OC in general.

I'm at work today so haven't been able to OC much other than in the car and when pumping gas. Not too sure yet but we might end up getting fast food tonight (we generally don't eat fast food). I'll let y'all know how it goes if we do.

CrimsonSoul

Oc at McDonald's in Clute. Manager (or team leader or assistant manager.. It was a white shirt guy) was telling me he didn't see why they were making a big deal about it because people have been carrying for 20 years and I put my shirt over (made It concealed and was like yeah there's the difference and he said exaxtly

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

rushcreek2

Since 1871 Texans have been patiently waiting for a clarification of the term "when traveling".

I expect it's a similar predicament to waiting for a clarification of that term " shall not be infringed".......?

nonameisgood

Since 1871 Texans have been patiently waiting for a clarification of the term "when traveling".

I expect it's a similar predicament to waiting for a clarification of that term " shall not be infringed".......?

"Traveling" was intentionally vague to allow LE to do whatever they like with carpetbaggers and freedmen. The thought being that people traveling were upstanding but drifters who hung around weren't, or some such bs.

qednick

Went to eat at Church's Chicken last night in Bandera. Quite a few people in there. Also went to Lowes Market again for a couple things. Nobody seemed to care, no 911 calls, no people fainting, and the only blood in streets is from people driving too fast at night and hitting deer.

nonameisgood

Took off my jacket at Project Pie in Dallas last night. Had a few unusual glances but nothing obvious except a little girl who was apparently motioning to her dad. And a guy who gave me a wider than usual space to refill my tea, he stayed back three or four feet.

solus

Took off my jacket at Project Pie in Dallas last night. Had a few unusual glances but nothing obvious except a little girl who was apparently motioning to her dad. And a guy who gave me a wider than usual space to refill my tea, he stayed back three or four feet.

noname, most are too shy, but i am up to the tasking...

the actual reason he stayed back was cuz your deodorant failed...:shocker:

glad life goes on the heart of the lonestar state...

ipse

qednick

ipse

I see someone's been feeding you after midnight again. Please people, do not, absolutely do not get him wet...he may multiply :rolleyes:

latest

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

ipse
Maybe he was just being considerate because his deodorant had failed. :uhoh: