• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your TX Open Carry experiences here!

nonameisgood

Never let 'em see you sweat.
Whataburger in Ennis is NOT posted. In fact, so far I have not seen a single 30.07 sign, but I've stayed away from places like AMC and Whole Foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qednick

Maybe he was just being considerate because his deodorant had failed. :uhoh:

I'm not sure what activities he gets up to between his sponge baths. ;)

Never let 'em see you sweat.
Whataburger in Ennis is NOT posted. In fact, so far I have not seen a single 30.07 sign, but I've stayed away from places like AMC and Whole Foods.

Only place I've seen so far personally is H.E.B. I have seen a couple of reports of Valero gas stations being posted but haven't been able to confirm this, nor am I sure they are just individual franchisees or something. It's still early days yet. I don't really get out too much as I'm usually either working or sleeping.
I'm really hoping OC in TX continues to be a non-event. It will make it easier to push the case for unlicensed carry in 2017.

qednick

Just a quick stop at the WalMart in Boerne again last night. No reactions whatsoever (that I noticed). I'm beginning to think I need something bigger with some purdy handles, or perhaps some flashing LED lights around my rig for anyone to even notice...but I digress

RichardR

Founder's Club Member
Just got back from paying the electric bill at our rural electric coop office. 30.06 and 30.07 signs were both posted on the big glass front windows. This is basically a government operation, but since it is theoretically a "member -owned" company, I think that I will express my disapproval at the next stockholder's meeting.

qednick

Just stopped by my buddy's gun shop. Buddy wasn't there so no discount for me today. It didn't stop me from walking out with two firearms though. Don't tell my wife but I got me a nice 1911 Commander and a Taurus 9mm. They were still out of the M&P Shields.

OC for ME

Just got back from paying the electric bill at our rural electric coop office. 30.06 and 30.07 signs were both posted on the big glass front windows. This is basically a government operation, but since it is theoretically a "member -owned" company, I think that I will express my disapproval at the next stockholder's meeting.
Indeed. Please keep us posted...oops, sorry, no pun intended...really.

Firearms Iinstuctor

What are these clips you speak of?

th

Magazine = clip clip = magazine

clip

noun

Definition of clip

: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook

: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

: a piece of jewelry held in position by a clip

qednick

Stopped at Valero by my office for gas and went in to get a hot dog (or two). Wasn't posted so I'm assuming the other reports elsewhere online were referring to individual franchisees. No issues other than the weather is not really cooperating today.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Today was the last day of the Cabela's after Christmas sale so I decided to go have a look at the one in Buda. Walked around the store for about an hour without a mention of my sidearm and left with some good hunting gear for next season.

Went to eat at Thundercloud Subs at lunch rush and nothing to report except maybe a few double takes.

qednick

Today was the last day of the Cabela's after Christmas sale so I decided to go have a look at the one in Buda. Walked around the store for about an hour without a mention of my sidearm and left with some good hunting gear for next season.

Went to eat at Thundercloud Subs at lunch rush and nothing to report except maybe a few double takes.

I keep meaning to go check out that Cabela's. Good to hear you didn't have any issues!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Magazine = clip clip = magazine...

Definition of clip ...

"Assault weapon" is in the dictionary, too. Doesn't make it right. Just makes it a common term.

Same with misspellings like "cancelled" with two L's. Enough people do it wrongly and they just give up and rewrite the dictionary. Welcome to language.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Generally, I agree, except that cancelled is the correct spelling in Commonwealth nations, and predates the American spelling.

This dialogue is a grey/gray area. Of course I could be labouring under a flag of another colour.

nonameisgood

Taco Cabana today. Early on, they posted 30.06, then later removed them. I understand the sentiment behind this, but am not sure I like the notion that one should be shamed into doing what they want rather than being obliged to conceal or leave. A store manager or employee could really cause trouble for the chain by raising a ruckus.
cb608bb4a7160d204b097ced9cb66659.jpg

qednick

Engrave that in aluminium, and I'll agree with you.

Once you have it engraved in aluminium, don't forget to colour the letters in. In your defence though, hopefully everyone will realise what I just did there!

Taco Cabana today. Early on, they posted 30.06, then later removed them. I understand the sentiment behind this, but am not sure I like the notion that one should be shamed into doing what they want rather than being obliged to conceal or leave. A store manager or employee could really cause trouble for the chain by raising a ruckus.
cb608bb4a7160d204b097ced9cb66659.jpg

I wouldn't eat at Taca Cabana if you paid me. ;)

qednick

So the youngest wanted burger king last night. We went up to the new BK in Bandera last night and it was packed. Tons of high school aged kids in there as well. Nobody battered an eye lid, nobody lost control of their bowels. Pretty good visit!

OC for ME

So the youngest wanted burger king last night. We went up to the new BK in Bandera last night and it was packed. Tons of high school aged kids in there as well. Nobody battered an eye lid, nobody lost control of their bowels. Pretty good visit!
Uh...unless their phone batteries die they would not notice a train wreck right next to them. Were any actually eating? A national fast food burger joint had to put their foot down on high schoolers buying a small fountain soda, refills of water, so as to stay hours upon hours to suck up the free WiFi.

Nope, no train wreck, no notice...unless your gat showed up on one of their social media feeds as a result of someone who did notice and snapped a photo...

qednick

Uh...unless their phone batteries die they would not notice a train wreck right next to them. Were any actually eating? A national fast food burger joint had to put their foot down on high schoolers buying a small fountain soda, refills of water, so as to stay hours upon hours to suck up the free WiFi.

Nope, no train wreck, no notice...unless your gat showed up on one of their social media feeds as a result of someone who did notice and snapped a photo...

Very good point! I did notice some hooked on cell phones but many others seemed to be just standing around chatting. Never thought about the fact I'm probably on several FB feeds by now. :lol: