• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOCKING AUDIO: Philadelphia Police violate rights of open carrier at gunpoint

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Dave Champion Devotes 15 Minutes on His Show on DA's Comments

Don't know if you guys saw this one yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ok-way-open-carry-gun-owners/?test=latestnews

Actually found this on one of my motorcycle sites.

I was listening to the Dave Champion show today and he commented on the DA's statements over inconveniencing OCers in the future. The segment can be found at the following link and starts at 44:00 and ends around 1:02:30. Dave makes a number of excellent points that people here have been saying...worth the listen:

http://www.davechampionshow.com/archives/?p=1697

Fight the good fight...resist!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Having a Government Agent scream curses and point a gun at you is a little more than 'inconvenienced.' Especially when you aren't doing anything wrong or illegal.

I can only imagine what they do to ACTUAL bad guys....

bill gray

Trial schedule

Scheduled for this Thursday, Sept. 15 at 9:15 AM. Place: the Criminal Justice Center, Room 406, 1301 Filbert St Phila, PA. I plan on wearing a large but empty holster to the courtroom. No law against leather envelopes is there?

Curmudgeon

Will there be civil suits filed in response?

While Viper (Mark) would be the best one to respond to this, he was planning on a civil response almost from the beginning. In fact, the Philly PD only brought those 2 bogus charges against him 2 days after it was published that he was doing so.

Can anyone say malicious prosecution?

He already has an attorney for the civil case, and recently the ACLU has officially joined with his attorney in this. Everyone has been waiting for the outcome of the criminal trial before proceeding with civil litigation.

Should be interesting.

Edit: Here is the thread that started it all...

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/126083-arrested-philadelphia-police-open-carry.html

Although the thread is well over 3,000 posts, I think you can probably read the first 2 pages or so, then skip ahead to the last 2 pages to get up-to-speed on everything.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

326.gif

Curmudgeon

LOL... pretty much the universal reaction. "Lemmee 'splain. No, is too much; lemmee sum up..." /inigo montoya

IIRC, Mark made initial contact with the ACLU very early on, and they were not interested. Then the audio went viral, general public indignation went off-scale-high, and the ACLU saw a cause celebre in the making. At this point, *they* contacted Mark expressing a new interest in the case. The nobility of their new interest is fodder for debate.

Mark has 2 attorneys, one for his criminal defense, one for his civil suit. His civil attorney has been on board since before charges were brought and was in attendance at the criminal trial to see and hear everything for himself.

Needless to say, it's going to be interesting to watch this thing unfold.

carry for myself

if i were him. i would buy philly PD new little pocket sized law books. one for every officer, that i had personally gone through and highlighted the firearms laws in pink highlighter. also would make it part of the suit that they were REQUIRED by law to carry these law books daily.

as a gift :-D

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
if i were him. i would buy philly PD new little pocket sized law books. one for every officer, that i had personally gone through and highlighted the firearms laws in pink highlighter. also would make it part of the suit that they were REQUIRED by law to carry these law books daily.

as a gift :-D

1) you can't make a book that big 'little'
2) they still won't care
3) they still won't read it

All actions require the Will and the Ability. If you cannot alter the Will, you must alter the Ability.

MilProGuy

The officer who began initially speaking with the gentleman has a very limited vocabulary. It seems he was very proficient with the "f" word, but not very adept with the rest of the English language.