• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOCKING AUDIO: Philadelphia Police violate rights of open carrier at gunpoint

Gunslinger

if i were him. i would buy philly PD new little pocket sized law books. one for every officer, that i had personally gone through and highlighted the firearms laws in pink highlighter. also would make it part of the suit that they were REQUIRED by law to carry these law books daily.

as a gift :-D

You assume the thugs can read.

kadar

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120214_He_ll_take_aim_with_lawsuit.html

Today, he plans to file a civil suit against the department for the incident.

Fiorino, who recorded his 45-minute confrontation with police and posted it on YouTube, is suing for "violation of his constitutional rights to be free from unlawful searches, excessive force and malicious prosecution," according to the complaint filed on his behalf by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Go get 'em Mark.

Curmudgeon

+1. It is going to be really interesting to see this phase unfold, first because it is such an anti-2A city and, second because the ACLU is involved.

I am setting aside some vacation time from work should this go to trial. Mark has already been the impetus for positive changes in PPD's anti-2A attitude, hopefully this will provide extra motivation!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bowb

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh, my!!! What a wonderful, pleasant, ironic surprise! I went to the ACLUPA's webpage, and who do I see is the second party named in the suit?

Ol' Chuck Ramsey, Commissioner---and former chief of police of Washington, DC.

Oh, my, oh, my, oh, my.

He spent years enforcing DC's draconian anti-self-defense laws that required a gun to be licensed and dissassembled in the home. Now, he's named in a lawsuit for violating someone's 2A rights.

Oh, my, oh, my, oh, my. This calls for a few banana's.

:banana::banana::banana:

Edited to Add: I've now read the entire complaint. Oh. My. God.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

The ACLU got involved not because this is a 2nd Amendment case, which it isn't, but because of the 1st and 4th Amendment violations.

Correct. I also remember reading, and I wish I could remember where in the flurry of articles it was that I read this, that the ACLU was drawn to Mark's case out of the blatant malicious prosecution exhibited by the DA's office and PPD.

protias

The ACLU got involved not because this is a 2nd Amendment case, which it isn't, but because of the 1st and 4th Amendment violations.

Yes, but a firearm was involved in the case, which the ACLU doesn't touch cases like this.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Listening to the audio; the semi-literate PPD confuses compliance and cooperation. They used their titles and surname but used Fiorino's given name. Fiorino's SSN was demanded without the requisite caveats.

Either we are equal or we are not.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
sounds like he's from NJ .. the craphole state ... they took his gun & he won't see it again ...

he's a wussy for arguing with his mouth...