• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

amlevin

Oh and the firearms check-in guys got the googlie eyes again but we just exchanged hellos and that was that.

Had a short talk with one of the "Firearms Greeters" at Cabela's last week and asked him what their instructions were regarding OC. He said that they could care less if anyone carried a firearm while in the store. The only ones they were concerned about were those being brought in for trade, service, or fitting of accessories and they just wanted to make sure they were unloaded.

Cabela's is a "Gold Star", "A-1", "Top Dog", Open Carry business. Their only interest is safety with those firearms that are going to be handled while in the Store.

skiingislife725

Had a short talk with one of the "Firearms Greeters" at Cabela's last week and asked him what their instructions were regarding OC. He said that they could care less if anyone carried a firearm while in the store. The only ones they were concerned about were those being brought in for trade, service, or fitting of accessories and they just wanted to make sure they were unloaded.

Cabela's is a "Gold Star", "A-1", "Top Dog", Open Carry business. Their only interest is safety with those firearms that are going to be handled while in the Store.

Oh yah not in disagreement there. It's just that I've noticed that they've gotten the googlie eyes both times I've been in there (besides when I went when it was busy on opening weekend). Part of that's probably my age. And I do have to give them credit for being aware enough to notice...most people are tunnel-visioned. Just humorous is all.

skiingislife725

Two comments in one stop at beer heaven in Lake Stevens (I don't know the name...it's just got a TON of different beers). One of the workers commented that he really liked my homemade leather holster, and the cashier was asking about the gun. Just another good OCing day.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Quick post. I have been OC pretty much every where. No problems. This last Monday (memorial day) I spent several hours, around 7 hours, up at tuliup reservation at the outlet malls, cabelas, Walmart, olive garden, etc. Had a good time with the family.

FMJ 911

OC'ed the P-64 again. It's quite light, so I keep forgetting it's even there!

Went to the local gas station, no weird looks or comments. Just been hanging around the house and still carrying.

07Altima

Hey guys figured I would Joint the Conversation :)

I have been living in Snohomish county for most of my life. I have lived in many other places too, however I started Open Carry about 8mo. ago, I carried in State, and Federal parks with only some looks. been carrying almost non stop in OC.

There are some places I use discretion weather to OC or Conceal, however not many places. I have always had the best greetings, and been treated the best by Snohomish county Sheriff's. I find that the worst I have had to deal with was a dirty look from a Everett Cop once. I have had 2 maybe 3 comments in the last 8mo. had one single kid say to his mom that guy had a gun, the guy who just went to the bathroom, she said did he have it out in the open, he said ya, and she said well then he is probably allowed to have it. I was proud that it lead to a child being schooled by his mom on guns, I think that opened up a good dialogue, and chance for a mom to teach her son. My nerves settled upon her statement, and nothing bad came of the experience.

I now have a favorite shirt with a Ted Nugent statement on it, that says if guns cause crime then all my are defective!
I live in Lynnwood now, and even with some of the "no media coverage" gang violence, and the school shut down just blocks away, I have never been harassed by the police for open carry.I also for the first time ever had an entire group choose not to cross the street past me, simply because I had a gun, this while I had my two little ones with me.

I might add that nothing really huge has come from my carry, even though many here felt I would draw undue attn. to my firearm because I carry the RJ Raging Judge. She is huge she makes other pistols look small even those once considered large! I can conceal it just fine with my coat, but choose to avoid it when its not raining. I have a custom leather holster from Frontier Leather Works as at the time it was the only place selling holsters for them. I love it, and it has been fully broken in.

I have even gone so far as to lift it like a weight so that it would be as light as a feather for me if I ever have to draw. I am no smokin joe when it comes to speed but I am fast as far as I can tell, pretty damn accurate too. I carry the 45colt self defense loads from hornady for carry, the 410 5 pellet copper plated for home defense, mixed with 45s, and carry the 454 when on the trail. The 45, and 454 are accurate out to about 25 yards so I am happy about that for a 3in pistol. I would love to meet up with some folks in Snohomish county some time, and get to know those like minded folks, show them that my RJ is not bring undue attn. :) its very modest in its holster. I hope to meet you guys some day soon, and finally have some friends with brains! I have lost most of my friends because I married my wife, I lost more because I own guns, and have found myself without friends, but I would rather be friendless, than live without a firearm.

I hope to hear from you all soon, have a great day.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I have been living in Snohomish county for most of my life. I have lived in many other places too, however I started Open Carry about 8mo. ago, I carried in State, and Federal parks with only some looks. been carrying almost non stop in OC.

There are some places I use discretion weather to OC or Conceal, however not many places. I have always had the best greetings, and been treated the best by Snohomish county Sheriff's. I find that the worst I have had to deal with was a dirty look from a Everett Cop once. I have had 2 maybe 3 comments in the last 8mo. had one single kid say to his mom that guy had a gun, the guy who just went to the bathroom, she said did he have it out in the open, he said ya, and she said well then he is probably allowed to have it. I was proud that it lead to a child being schooled by his mom on guns, I think that opened up a good dialogue, and chance for a mom to teach her son. My nerves settled upon her statement, and nothing bad came of the experience.

I now have a favorite shirt with a Ted Nugent statement on it, that says if guns cause crime then all my are defective!
I live in Lynnwood now, and even with some of the "no media coverage" gang violence, and the school shut down just blocks away, I have never been harassed by the police for open carry.I also for the first time ever had an entire group choose not to cross the street past me, simply because I had a gun, this while I had my two little ones with me.

I might add that nothing really huge has come from my carry, even though many here felt I would draw undue attn. to my firearm because I carry the RJ Raging Judge. She is huge she makes other pistols look small even those once considered large! I can conceal it just fine with my coat, but choose to avoid it when its not raining. I have a custom leather holster from Frontier Leather Works as at the time it was the only place selling holsters for them. I love it, and it has been fully broken in.

I have even gone so far as to lift it like a weight so that it would be as light as a feather for me if I ever have to draw. I am no smokin joe when it comes to speed but I am fast as far as I can tell, pretty damn accurate too. I carry the 45colt self defense loads from hornady for carry, the 410 5 pellet copper plated for home defense, mixed with 45s, and carry the 454 when on the trail. The 45, and 454 are accurate out to about 25 yards so I am happy about that for a 3in pistol. I would love to meet up with some folks in Snohomish county some time, and get to know those like minded folks, show them that my RJ is not bring undue attn. :) its very modest in its holster. I hope to meet you guys some day soon, and finally have some friends with brains! I have lost most of my friends because I married my wife, I lost more because I own guns, and have found myself without friends, but I would rather be friendless, than live without a firearm.

I hope to hear from you all soon, have a great day.

FMJ 911 and I get together and do things all the time. You should join us next time we go do something. Also I go to Starbucks quite often. We could meet up there whenever. We wont judge you on what you carry. I like the Judge. It's a pretty sweet revolver. :)

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
FMJ 911 and I get together and do things all the time. You should join us next time we go do something. Also I go to Starbucks quite often. We could meet up there whenever. We wont judge you on what you carry. I like the Judge. It's a pretty sweet revolver. :)

There is also the monthly coffee meetup, First Saturday of the month. A new thread is posted every month. Having one this Saturday June 2nd.

07Altima

cool might be able to go

Would love to go this Saturday hope to bring the family with will see if the wife wants to go.

FMJ 911

Carried in Seattle Today, No problems!!!

Went to Volunteer Park and walked up the Water Tower. View was good, but my Dad remembers when the trees didn't block so much of the view. P-64 carried in the open, I'm sure no one even noticed it, and if they did, they must not have cared all that much.

amlevin

Carried in Seattle Today, No problems!!!

Went to Volunteer Park and walked up the Water Tower. View was good, but my Dad remembers when the trees didn't block so much of the view. P-64 carried in the open, I'm sure no one even noticed it, and if they did, they must not have cared all that much.

The last time I went to Volunteer Park, the ground seemed to be covered with used condoms and discarded syringes. Favorite gathering point for the lower end of Seattle's "Gay" community.

Hope they've cleaned it up since then.

DCKilla

I OCed at my cousin's farewell party at his apartment complex this afternoon. Most people there didn't say anything about it. My own mom didn't notice at all. My uncles ask why, not much else. I pointed out the murders this week as a very convincing reason.

FMJ 911

What a Day.

Went with SigGuy23 and my Dad into Seattle to conduct some business, and had two "events".

The first was in Half-Price Books in University District. SigGuy was asked to leave, per the Manager's Order(Not Store Policy I believe, carried in other HPB's and had NO ISSUE), I even smiled and said "Hello!" to the guy that asked SigGuy23 to leave, but he must not have noticed my P-64, which is pretty small. But I made sure to jet outta there, didn't want a Negative interaction there.

After that, we went and did a few things that were on the list, and it got pretty late, so we headed to Arby's in Northgate. Everything was going good until we were heading to the car. Two Seattle Police Cars pull up, and two Officers approach us. "Are you guys exercising your right to Open Carry?", We all answer "Yes Officer!" and he replies: "Some lady called us about the gun, but we know you're legal." and then he says, "Very well, Carry on.", and the other Officer asked "Are you guys Felons?", and I said "No, I'm not a Felon.", and he got in his car and left.

They didn't ask us for ID or any of that.

That was my first LEO interaction, but my Dad got pretty freaked out by it. "OC is going to get you in trouble son, I recommend you put that CPL and P-64 to use and just Conceal."

I will not conceal, I'm only carrying the P-64 until I can get the Kimber 1911 ammo problem under control.

This is just my record of the events today.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
It was good to meet your dad FMJ 911. It sucked I got asked to leave Half Price Books. I really wanted those Walking dead books. Oh well.

That was the best Leo experience I've had. "Are you guys exercising your right to carry?" "Yes sir". "Ok then have a nice day." That was pretty much it.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
It's crazy how one day you're being asked to leave a place and having the cops called on you, to the next getting compliments.

So as you read before, I got asked to leave Half priced books yesterday and had the police called on us had Arby's.

Today I went to Cabelas in Tulalip to get a hard case for the new Savage MK II F bolt action .22LR I bought yesterday. While I was looking at the cases, a man talking to his significant other pointed at me and said "look honey open carry. That's cool." I would have talked to him, but I was tired and just wanted to get in and out. I ended up buying a Rifle case,universal cleaning kit, and a ammo storage box.

After Cabelas, I went to 5 guys. While waiting on my fries on of the employees saw my gun and leaned over to get a closer look. He then smiled and said "nice". I said thanks, got my food and went on my way. So it was a pretty good OC day.

Last edited: