• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

DCKilla

OCed to Norpoint for some well for needed practice. My father tagged along to to shoot my pistol. Nobody at the range said anything about my pistol. They were very professional and polite.

Kolchakxi

New to SNO OC

New to the thread and forum. Living out here in the San Juans, it's a challenge to get over to Starbucks very often, but I stop when the wife and I make a trip over. Summer tends to limit that... with the ferries being overloaded due to tourism season. Would like to meet some of the folks from the forum sometime... and learn about the OC meetings.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Went with SigGuy23 and my Dad into Seattle to conduct some business, and had two "events".

The first was in Half-Price Books in University District. SigGuy was asked to leave, per the Manager's Order(Not Store Policy I believe, carried in other HPB's and had NO ISSUE) ...

The last I checked, the Half-Price Books in Crossroads mall is posted (the mall is not). Only the outside entrance, not the mall entrance, and you practically have to lay on the ground to see the small white letters on the clear glass about one foot above the ground on the window next to (not on) the door.

DCKilla

New to the thread and forum. Living out here in the San Juans, it's a challenge to get over to Starbucks very often, but I stop when the wife and I make a trip over. Summer tends to limit that... with the ferries being overloaded due to tourism season. Would like to meet some of the folks from the forum sometime... and learn about the OC meetings.
Welcome to OCDO, there is a group that meets in Whatcom county every Sunday for coffee. Skagit has few more OCers as well.

Knowledge

As a young man, you should really slow it down. You were going like 300 miles per hour there.

j/k

I'm getting better at editing, thought I'd speed up the video an add one of my favorite songs.

I liked your library vid statement, "Crazyiness does not discriminate against location". We just had that crazy nut shoot those folks in the Cafe Racer.

Came up with that on the spot. :) It's true.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
The last I checked, the Half-Price Books in Crossroads mall is posted (the mall is not). Only the outside entrance, not the mall entrance, and you practically have to lay on the ground to see the small white letters on the clear glass about one foot above the ground on the window next to (not on) the door.
The Half Priced Books that we went to was not part of a mall. Also I looked at every inch of the entrances on the building and there was nothing posted.

FMJ 911

The Half Priced Books that we went to was not part of a mall. Also I looked at every inch of the entrances on the building and there was nothing posted.

Yep, I noticed that too. And what's strange is I have carried larger guns in there before. I carried the Kimber in there with my Grampa, and I carried the S&W Revolver when I was by myself. Got no attention either of those times.

If they have a "No Firearm" Policy, then they need to post signs so we know about it.

Personally, I don't really want to shop there anymore. The past few months I've not bought anything, and my Dad is dissatisfied with the rising prices.

Oh, and I carried over to the Everett Lowe's store, Lake Stevens Taco Time, and Oreilly Auto Parts in Snohomish. No comments or weird looks at all.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Went to Norpoint today. I shot 50 rounds with my new Savage MKII F bolt action .22LR with an Accutrigger. Man that little thing is sweet. Very, very accurate. Then I shot 50 rounds from My SIG SP 2022 .40 S&W (my OC weapon.).

After the range, I went to Starbucks and got a large tea. When I walked in to Starbucks, I walked in right behind two Arlington LEO's. They looked at me and one officer said "Good evening" I said "Good evening officer" and that was that. They got their drinks and I got mine.

After Starbucks went to Panda Express. No comments or weird looks.

That was my OC day.

FMJ 911

Digging up a "Zombie Thread"!!!

Went up to the "Sedro-Wooley" Shooting pit today to try out my "New Acquisition": A Original 1980's Mfg Tec-9. I also OC'ed the P-64, so I'm on topic.

The TEC-9 went through 50 rounds and there was not a single jam or stovepipe. Although the gun is a bit difficult to shoot accurately. I noticed some "Good" groups in the 3" range from a distance of 20 feet. Recoil was very light, but the gun barked like an angry dog!

The Pit on the other hand, was in sad shape. Another "Clean 'N' Shoot" is in order.

skiingislife725

Digging up a "Zombie Thread"!!!

Went up to the "Sedro-Wooley" Shooting pit today to try out my "New Acquisition": A Original 1980's Mfg Tec-9. I also OC'ed the P-64, so I'm on topic.

The TEC-9 went through 50 rounds and there was not a single jam or stovepipe. Although the gun is a bit difficult to shoot accurately. I noticed some "Good" groups in the 3" range from a distance of 20 feet. Recoil was very light, but the gun barked like an angry dog!

The Pit on the other hand, was in sad shape. Another "Clean 'N' Shoot" is in order.

FMJ, you were probably holding the Tec upright, weren't you? You have to hold it sideways and really throw the shoulder out there.

FMJ 911

FMJ, you were probably holding the Tec upright, weren't you? You have to hold it sideways and really throw the shoulder out there.

I actually did hold it sideways and do the "Gangsta" with it. It shot a little better!

But I will say, that for a "Machine Pistol" / "Miniature SMG", it Shoots good. The TEC-9 was designed to "Spray" a Human-Sized Target at a limited distance of 20-25 Feet. That is how they were designed, and that is how they will work.

It's still pretty fun though. I bought it as a "Fun Gun".

amzbrady

Went Target Shooting today, so as usual, I took my carry piece.

Where do you shoot at?

I'm back in the area AGAIN. We just moved to the Lake Stevens Area. We're renting an RV spot for a few months then hope to move out around the Duvall - Carnation Area. I'll be working in Kirkland for now. I'm hoping to get a few coins saved up so I can attend a few meet ups.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Where do you shoot at?

I'm back in the area AGAIN. We just moved to the Lake Stevens Area. We're renting an RV spot for a few months then hope to move out around the Duvall - Carnation Area. I'll be working in Kirkland for now. I'm hoping to get a few coins saved up so I can attend a few meet ups.

Welcome back to the area again. I will be holding our monthly meet next Saturday in Bothell, try and make it out. I was just up at Target in Lake Stevens today, might see you around.

I also went to the wakeboarding contest in Monroe's lake tye, weather was ehh but its was fun to get out of the house. No problems, event with MPD watching over the event.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Amzbrady,
Welcome back to the wet side. Look forward to meeting you at one of the get togethers.

Slap,
I work the next two saturdays so won't be able to make the coffee meet this month. I'll look for you in August!

Cheers.

amzbrady

Welcome back to the area again. I will be holding our monthly meet next Saturday in Bothell, try and make it out. I was just up at Target in Lake Stevens today, might see you around.

I also went to the wakeboarding contest in Monroe's lake tye, weather was ehh but its was fun to get out of the house. No problems, event with MPD watching over the event.

Where, and when?